Saturday, June 17, 2006

Lakeland's Lady Chiefs

Yesterday was a day that made Lakeland School District history. Lakeland softball's state game was held yesterday a couple hours away from our school at some college campus. I never remember the details. Hell I don't even know who they played. This sporting event made history because it was the first sporting event (besides track and field however only individuals made it, not the whole team) in Lakeland's history to ever make it to a state game. Lakeland's football team was close a few times, but we were always killed by other teams nowhere close to this area. Even though this event made history, it was a sad day for the Lady Chiefs. They lost, 1-2. Which I must proclaim was not fair! Why? Corey and I agree (and Corey's neighbor who called him while we were talking on the phone) that a play they called was not fair. The other team was on offense and were batting. They hit the ball, the girl got on first, but there was another girl on base who was running to third, from first (?). Lakeland got the ball and threw it to third and as you could tell from the angle the camera was at on TV (by the way this game was on TV, we didn't go) that the ball was caught on third base before the runner got there, but the umpire or whoever called the runner safe. Then the next play they scored when that runner who should've been out ran to home. If they called that play fair, we would've went into overtime and had a chance to score. By the way, there's seven innings in a game, not six. Corey was giving me false information.

It was pretty damn heart breaking seeing our team who hasn't lost a game, went to states making a landmark in our school's history, losing a game to an unfair called play, and then seeing the whole team crying afterwards over the defeat. At least I have the pictures from the game Monday to provide to showcase a better, happier atmosphere from Lakeland, who won that game 5-2. By the way, Lakeland is wearing the red, white, and blue uniforms/clothing, our school colors. Also a lot of these pictures were close-ups taken of random people on the field and in the dug-out testing my zooming feature, and to amaze Corey by it too. Also I'm going to just throw these at you without any captions to go along with them.

Softball Pictures from Monday, June 12th, 2006:














You're going to be getting a lot of pictures throwen at you sometime Tuesday after I upload all of the pictures taken at my hunting cabin; on the road up there, pictures from up there, and pictures coming home, on Monday. My father, his friend, and I are going up there tomorrow for Father's Day. I'll probably mostly take scenic pictures of the great view, but I'm in the mood for taking close-up pictures lately. And just wait until the fall when football season starts. I'll be taking pictures from every game, so if you like football pictures, come back here around September. Well, I would prefer if you came back here everyday or every week, but y'know, do what you want. I'm trying to update this blog everyday again. Hopefully that will happen. I took that long absence before but that was because of my addiction to Runescape. But it won't be possible Sunday and maybe Monday because I'll be at my hunting cabin. But you always know, my plans never go the way I plan them out to go.

Now my father is running the sweeper in my room...but little does he know I'm sitting on my grandmother's bed on my laptop and she doesn't know that because she's in Flordia. Yea, yea. How do you like those chopsticks?

Wait...you might get even more pictures than the cabin on Tuesday, because Craig and I are supposed to finally go on our tour around Jermyn to take pictures to post on here. Y'know...I'll post those Wednesday then if we do this tour. So I don't kill all the 56k users out there...however I put my pictures in thumbnails so it's not like I'm ripping the RAM from your computer and throwing it away in a paper shreader.

I'm now going to provide you with a list of my Runescape goals this summer I wrote on June 11th. I already achieved some of them but y'know, I was too lazy to post this list here. I'm trying to get this list from my memory so it may not be too accurate because if I go into my bedroom to get it, my father may make me run the sweeper. Everytime I reach one of these goals, I'm going to repost a part of the list here crossing out the goal I have achieved. This should take me all summer to do. I felt like I should share this, so I am. This is just so you're aware to what I'm doing on Runescape these days without me always having to tell you.

My Runescape To-Do List:
  1. Get runecrafting to 44
    Get magic to 55

    Get fletching to 70
  2. Purchase a whip
  3. Get prayer to 52

    Wait, I need to go into my bedroom and get the paper with this list on. I can't remember the last couple steps.

  4. Get 50 crafting
    Get 50 smithing -- Do "The Knight's Sword" to help
    Get 50 firemaking
  5. Make bullseye lattern
    Kill cave slimes (slayer task)
  6. Get 25 herblore
  7. Do Heroes' Quest (FINALLY!)
  8. Get 50 thieving
  9. Get all skill besides carpentry to at least 50
  10. Do carpentry
Sounds like a lot, eh? I better get to work. Have a good day.

[UPDATE right after posting]: I forgot to add four Runescape pictures I took yesterday and today. So, I'll do that right now without a second to waste.

Runescape Pictures from June 16th, 2006:



Runescape Pictures from June 17th, 2006:



Now you may have a good day.

No comments: