Tuesday, June 06, 2006

6.6.06

Oh shit, it's that date that everybody was talking about. 6.6.06. The day the world is going to end. Well, I'm still sitting in front of my computer desk with my headphones on listening to Johnny Cash trying to find something constructive to do that doesn't involve moving around, so I guess that the people freaking out about today can go shut up. Actually, December 2012 is when the world is rumored to end, but still, we have those crazy idiots walking around the streets saying stuff like, "Today's the number of the beast!" And then you have those mothers trying to hold off the births of their babies today because they don't want their child to be the Anti-Christ. Well, holy mackeral, what is the matter with people? It's a date and that tells us something enough. Why? First, the ones who try to intepret the literal meaning of the Bible conclude that in the Book of Revlations that the number "666" refers to a person, not a date. Second, it's superstituion. Just like Friday the 13th, the date 6.6.06 is the same. Plus people are saying the Anti-Christ is already alive and currently walking among us, which honest to God freaks me out quite a bit. I mean, last year at school on the date 5.5.05, people were screaming, "Today is the end of the world!" Now up to this day I do not understand something. Why would the numbers "555" have to do anything with the end of the world? I could see "666" but not "555". And I thought to myself, "Well next year we'll be screwed over with mayhem because the date will be 6.6.06." And guess what? Only one person at school today spoke of the date and that was a person in my pre chem class yelling out the date for the final exam. I just think half of the people in my school can't count or they never read the Bible. One or the other...

Also today was the last unoffical day of school. The last day of school is actually Thursday but I don't see the point of going now that exams are over with. It's been boring the last few days and our schedule was screwed up enough to give somebody a headache. It's sort of nice that school is finally over. I mean, last August on this very blog I was writing away my concerns about this school year, and it flew by just like that. A year, gone. Here comes 10th grade. No more studying for three months of freedom. The only school-related task I have to do is read three books that I'll be tested on when school begins, but I've been in the mood for reading lately so this isn't a problem. I might start tomorrow, who knows? However, tomorrow Craig and I are going on some small adventures around Runescape for a few hours so expect some pictures. He got his construction skill to 50 today so he's going to show me his house, with boxing ring and hangman-like game. I got off-topic there. Back to school ending. We won't ever have to give another speech again, thank the good Lord. Speech class is over so thus if you balance out the chemical equation your product is no more speeches. I do believe we have to give a speech for our senior projects but I have a long time before I have to worry about that. It's just weird. Three more years of high school. Then college. Then the real world. And I'll be here blogging with you every step of the way.

Penn Dot paved main street yesterday and there's a dead squirrel on it already. Maybe that's the 6.6.06 omen of the day.

Have a good 6.6.06.

[UPDATE right after posting]: I'd also like to anounce that a major glitch concerning player-owned houses and the new construction skill happened in Runescape yesterday that allowed people in World 111 to kill others outside of the Wilderness. This was done when Curse You (I believe this is the right person) threw a party after getting his construction level to 99, being the first one. He turned on challenge mode, throwing people down into his dungeon where he owned a steel dragon. While people were down there fighting, he threw them all out of his house and that's where the glitch happened because challenge mode was still on for these people and they were allowed to attack others. Jagex and player mods rushed to the scene trying to calm people down, but I heard it was a hellhole. Reports of a green party hat and santa hat being lost were reported.

Also it was also rumored and even somewhat confirmed by Tip.It after interviewing his family that the famed and highly respected Runescape player, The Old Nite, died from colon cancer on May 26th, 2006. Now I read this on Runescape Community so don't flame me, I'm just passing on world. If this is true however and The Old Nite is no longer with us, the let him rest in peace and God bless him and his family. Link provided here.

Some weird (and sad) stuff happening right before 6.6.06.

No comments: