Monday, June 26, 2006

Archbald Park

Okay, I went a little off-track with my 'post once a day' thing I wanted to do sometime last week, but I've become very distracted with my Runescape plan and going outside lately in the past week or so. For one, my Runescape plan is running smoothly. I finally got my fletching to 70 the other day putting bowstring on 2,615 of the maple longbows I made (I sold the other 2,000+ to the general store that were unstrung along with a lot other junk from my bank that was running out of space). So that finished up step one:

Get 44 runecrafting
Get 55 magic
Get 70 fletching

Now I'm trying to complete step two:

Purchase a whip

So this is what I did and what I'm currently doing. I cut 1,017 yew logs, fletched them all into yew longbows (u), and now I'm getting flax and spinning them into bow strings to place on my yew longbows. I already have about 728 bow strings so I'll be done with that part shortly. Then it gets a bit complex for me. I need to head over to Varrock after making 1,017 yew strung longbows and mine about 500 pure essence (I already have a little over 500). Then I need to go do the Plague City quest so that I'm allowed to teleport to East Ardounge. Then I must go craft 1,017 natures (I already have about 140 natures so I don't have to craft so many). I was going to go do the Grand Tree quest so that I can use the Gnome Glider from near the shipyard in Karmaja to fly over to the Grand Tree's bank and then fly back to Karmaja. I might do this plan after I buy my whip and for future needs of nature runes. Anyway, once I get the amount of natures to match the amount of yew longbows I have, I'm going to high alch them all. I should then make around 781,056 gp. Being that I have 1,990,000 gp in the bank already (I'm not sure about the exact value), I will have 2,771,056 gp. And even on top of that, Craig and I are striking a deal. He's going to high alch the 2,615 maple longbows I previously made to get my fletching to 70 for magic exp, and give me the money he makes. After he does that I'll have, for me, a whopping 1,004,160 gp profit! That'll put me at 3,775,216 gp in my bank! Craig told me today that whips went back up to three mil, but I'm still going to try to get one for 2.7-2.8 mil on an unpopulated server. No matter what though; if I have to buy one for the old price of three million gp, I'll still have 700k+ in my bank to have. That's called a good life right there.

Anyway, I'm going to quickly say something that resembles the title of this post but it's going to be very brief because it's starting to thunder outside. Honestly, this weather yesterday and today was nothing but downpour after downpour. However, last week's weather was a lot nicer, and a lot hotter. On the longest day of the year (the first day of summer) Craig and I went on a small adventure that started as a walk to a pond in the woods a bit back in the area behind my side of town but ended up going farther all the way to the new Archbald Park that they built up near the Jermyn-Eynon Road near the Valley View school. This started up when Craig wanted to show me the pond where he found his new pet turtle in (which was actually a very large puddle in the road near a quite dirty-looking pond, not suitable for swimming). So from the Jermyn Park we rode our bikes to my house, dropped them off, and walked up Gibson Street near the projects to a small dirt road that led into the woods -- actually more of a quad trail. We kept on walking and walking with catepillar dung falling from the trees all around us until we got to the puddle in the road, where Craig showed me these almost microscopic frogs that were crawling around in the mud and grass that were about the size of the fingernail on your pinky finger. Then we went down a small hill near the pond (I think everybody calls it Master's Pond) and found a path that kept on going beyond the pond, so we followed it. Right there it split into two seperate trails, so we decided to take the left one. We walked up a hill through the woods with a very thick canopy to another trail that was larger in width and size and was out in the open, with no trees overhead. There were large plants and dead trees (almost looked like a swamp-type of area) on one side of the road, and then the woods that we came from on the other side of the road. At this point we were sweating and thirsty from the heat, but we kept on walking. We walked up this pretty big hill, not a steep hill but one of those sloping, gentle hills that seem like they take forever to walk up.

We walked up the hill until the road and area in front of us was flat. We kept on walking, seeing more paths and trails on the left and right of us. There was this one area that was like a circle, and had three paths on the left branching off of it, and then the road that we were on got smaller in width but kept on going straight. We followed it. We kept on walking in the blazing sun until the sound of cars on a paved road grew louder. I was the first to spot the sun reflecting off of a metal surface through the trees in front of us. We kept on walking until we saw what was to me at first a very familar sight, and in a few seconds after me Craig knew where we were at. We were in the woods right on the side of the Eynon-Jermyn Road near the junkyard where they keep probably hundreds and hundreds of wrecked cars to sell their parts. We were standing by what appeared to be a very rusty or burnt car trying to figure out where to go now. I figured that by taking the left trail in the first place back at Master's Pond that we'd be showing up at the Archbald Park, and by seeing where we were at then and there, I knew we were extremely close. So, I told Craig that we were going to the park.

We walked back on the path we came from, taking the second trail that went left by where we took our first break. We walked on this trail for a short time until I saw what appeared to be a field through the trees. Being at the Archbald Park before with my sister and brother-in-law playing basketball and catch with a football, and with my father taking me for a ride there once, I knew that there were grassland-looking areas with ponds near the park. I kept on telling Craig that I saw a field and that we were almost there, but he couldn't see what I saw, or at least what I thought I saw. We walked down a hill and took a sharp left on the trail to see what I knew I saw at first, the grassland and ponds near the Archbald Park, and off in the distance I spotted pavement and fences. We kept on walking. We saw a guy out in the tall grass walking his dog and some other guys down on a road that went near the two ponds that have gotten there in a black truck. We kept on walking and talking until we got to a paved road that went into the park. The only reason we probably went this far into the park was because we hoped they had a water fountain. After walking all the way to the bleachers at the football field, we realized that there were no water fountains or soda machines to try and break open. We were extremely tired, achy, and thirsty at this point; and don't forget hot from the UV-giving sun.

We then gathered up an idea. Because we were hot and sweating, wouldn't it be nice and refreshing to take a quick dip in the ponds? The ponds did look welcoming, or at least at first. We took a diferent trail down to the ponds when we noticed some signs. We were a bit nervous that they were going to say 'No Swimming' or 'Stay Out of Water!' but they only said 'No ATV's, mororcycles, vehicles, etc' (so therefore that black truck sort of broke the law). We walked down to the point where that truck was at, the road that went right inbetween the two ponds. There was a large puddle right in the middle of the road, right between the two ponds. This was because the road dipped down here. We quickly took our shirts and shoes off and went into the dirty/muddy-looking water of the puddle, crossing to the other side of it. We put our stuff down on the dry road on the other side and realizing that the water felt good (it went up to our waist), we went back in and sat in the water for a while, until we felt restored and rested up enough to go home. It got a bit windy at this point, and the wind made it seem a lot colder out being that we were wet. We were going to go swim in the actual pond, but luckily we didn't. Why? My brother told my parents that the ponds were about seventy feet deep because they were old holes (maybe stripping holes) from the mines in the area back in the days. And my father said it was full of goose shit. Well, that was nice to know. I knew that wasn't mud in the puddle. Anyway, we walked all the way back out of the woods, back to Jermyn, back to my house, and went swimming in my pool. Life is good.

Moral of this story: Do not go swimming at the Archbald Park. It's extremely deep and full of goose shit. Also, only go swimming in running water, like a crook, river, or pond that has a source of running water and an exit for the water. Never go swimming in stagmite bodies of water. They can be contaimated and diseased. And watch out for homeless guys with knives that live in the woods. We didn't come across any but they're out there.

I still have to post those pictures from my hunting cabin, and I tried to just a little while ago, but Imageshack is being a little #%@* to me and everytime I upload a picture, an error in the browser that I'm using comes up and says that the servers can't be reached. So I have to hit the backspace, click 'upload images' again, and then it would finally upload. After uploading two pictures that took about ten minutes (my pictures take a while to upload due to their size and when you have to do it twice with one time failing, it takes a while), I thought I'd stop using Firefox to upload the pictures and try Internet Explorer. Same problem. So I'll try again tomorrow or later on tonight, which will most likely be tomorrow due to my regular time of going to bed anytime from one to five in the morning. But I will get them on here sooner or later, even though it's a week after I stayed up the cabin for the night. I also made a movie but that'll never see the light of day due to my laziness. However I do plan on going on a movie-uploading marathon someday and post a ton of movies from the past, so you may just see this one. Plus I wrote blog entries up there too, but not on my laptop (I did get my laptop to the cabin but I didn't use it at all). I wrote these very long entries in my tablet and wrote them in only one or two hour intervals from each other last Monday. So I'll have to type them up.

And nobody besides Caitlin and two other friends of mine who couldn't play hangman because they were disconnected due to their ping or they kicked out my bot Helper_Ent came into my channel on IRC, called #Foote_Chat on the server irc.swiftirc.net. Read the previous post to this one from Caitlin that has the information from me saying how you can get up and running on an IRC chat and come into my channel to chat or play Runescape hangman, with terms only from Runescape! I tried advertising the room on MySpace, but they block the numerical symbol "#" and replace it with a dot/period; and the only replys that I got after posting on a Runescape group was that they use SwiftSwitch. I wasn't asking you if you used SwiftSwitch, I was telling how to get to my chat and saying info on my Runescape hangman! Well, that topic died away anyway. But I plead you to come check out this channel and play Runescape hangman! Thank you. Also think of this channel as the offical Buddy Foote's Blog IRC channel while you're at it thinking about, stuff.

I also have to edit the hangman word list though...the script for the game doesn't corespond with apstrophes, commas, dashes, hypens, etc. So if you're playing and you're complaining that you didn't get the word TzHaar-Mej-Jal right because their were no dashes, that's because the script doesn't recongize them, and I'm no script maker or editor. For no, some words are impossible to solve. For example, n0valyfe (the number) and Seers' Village (the apstrophe). If you play and come across these, ask the op to stop the current game and start another, or just guess letters until the game ends. I'll notify you when I edit the list. That is all.

Have a good day.

[UPDATE right after posting]: I also forgot to add. Another person was talking to me in Runescape the other day that said they have found my blog and read through it. And then he said he only had one thing to say about it. "Wtf!?" Then he kept on going on about how much I write about Runescape and stuff. I ignored him. Sorry for ignoring you fellow reader, but do not be a dick to me and I won't be a dick back.

No comments: