Friday, June 16, 2006

Too Much, Too Lazy: A Big Update

Geez, I don't post for about a week and one thing after another has been popping up into my life that one must share with the world, however if you're too lazy to transfer all of this information begging to be released from your brain to the internet in a 'blog', then you're pretty darn lazy, right? Well, in this case, I'm too damn lazy to even have the right to have access to the internet. Honest to God, I haven't even gone outside the last couple of days, besides yesterday with my nephew. What did I do then? I went on Runescape, surfed the web, talked to Drake, etc. I'm thinking that Craig is starting to get mad at me because I'm being cooped up in the house. I think my mother is just throwing excuses at me to not leave the household, and with my grandmother gone to Flordia from today until Wednesday (in which she normally changes my mother's mind a lot), I'm downright screwed if I ever want to see the light of day again. However for Father's Day this weekend, my father, his friend, and I are going up to our hunting cabin to stay over for the night. God I love that place. But guess what, I'm going to take pictures there for my blog, and guess what, I'm going to be too lazy to upload them to Imageshack. I took pictures of a softball game on Monday and I'm too lazy to upload them. Craig and I are supposed to go on a walk around Jermyn taking pictures of the sights and scenes to post on here, but I would be too lazy yet again to upload the photos to Imageshack.

I have a list sitting here next to me on my made bed with letters on it that make words and there's a lot of words next to each other so these words make phrases and maybe even whole sentences! Where was I going with that? I meant to say that this list contains what I want to say to the world on here that has been bugging me to come out since the softball game Monday. I mean honestly, what happened to that whole 'a post a day' thing that I had promised. That fell apart sometime after June started, I think. Now when I don't post everyday, I have these huge updates (I call them updates anymore, but I guess you can also call them 'huge posts') that I have to write up and deal with. And now another big update will pop up in the future someday soon (next week probably) showcasing a lot of pictures, just like the last post I did previous to this one, "Pictures Galore".

Okay, well, I'm going to post this list here but go into much more deatil about each one. Of course that would be the right thing to do. So now without anymore distractions of those annoying ideas that pop up into my head, let's proceed to the list, shall we?

  • Softball game. Yes, Lakeland's softball has been doing great this season, and from what the real Foote told me, they haven't lost a game. Monday evening Corey took me to the Lakeland girl's softball game which was their game before states. And I must tell you, this game was long. It went into the 11th inning before the game finally ended, almost making up a double game (because in a normal game there's only six innings). Tension was high relating to the fact that nobody was scoring too easily or too fast which made the two teams appear to be equal. Oh yes, I think Lakeland went up aganist the Buffalo's...? However in the end on the 11th inning, Lakeland won 5-2. And now today they're playing their state game a couple hours away. This is Lakeland's first sporting event, besides track and field, to ever make it to a state game. Now like I said, I took a few pictures and even two videos of this occasion, but too lazy to upload them; espically videos because I have to convert them to .avi, reduce their file size, and wait an hour or two afterwards for them to upload to the internet. Very annoying. Anyway, this was a good game I went to, but I still have to say that my favorite sporting event that I like to attend are the Lakeland football games.
  • Harassed by drugees. Remember on my previous post, "Pictures Galore", when I posted a picture that Craig took at the Jermyn Park of the local drugees of Jermyn? Well, I have an encounter with these drugees the other day. My grandmother wanted me to go uptown to get her perscription drugs for her at the local drug store in town called Sterling's; a normal thing I have to do around here. So, I hop on my bike and go like always. I'm going down [forgot the name of the road] Street going pretty fast on my bike when I see the drugees standing next to a police car, I guess talking to a cop. I was riding by, on the sidewalk, when one of them shouted at me about speeding or something. I just ignored them. I went to Sterling's, got the drugs and four Hersey candy bars, and headed back to go home, with my mistake going on the same road again. I turned the corner from Bacon Street (?) into ____ Street (I'm going to pull up Google Earth after this and examine the streets of Jermyn) and saw the drugees in the same spot,talking to the cop. I continued on the road, of course going fast so that I could get by the group of pot heads faster, and one of the frecking idiots walks over to me while I'm speeding, trying to get in my way, some girl that's in my grade. Thankfully I was going fast enough to get past her before she got in front of me, or otherwise I would've crashed right into her and probably would've been beaten on. The damn idiot shouted after me, "Slow down or I'll tell your mom!" Like holy shit, I want to honestly hurt these bastards sometimes, excuse my bad French. They're always getting into your life and making you miserable, like they can't ind their own damn business. If you were talking to a cop would you have done that? I mean, for God's sake, let them rot and burn in hell!
  • How I love Imageshack. I was going to make this a whole post but because it's on my list, I'm just going to say a little bit right now. I love Imageshack, I really do. I mean without them and their way of doing things, I'd have no pictures of this blog, probably, at all. I'm really fortunet to have them around, and so are many others out there who use their services and their servers to store pictures. Imageshack is always improving in their features, espically my favorite, QuickShot. Honestly, if their servers were to just shut down, forever, this page would be ugly with all of the broken thumbnails...wait, I think if an image on Imageshack is lost or the server crashes that the thumbnail just doesn't appear, leaving spaces. Well, this blog would just suck in general without Imageshack, so -- I <3>
  • Fleevy telling me about player mods. We all knew sooner or later Runescape would pop into here. Remember that guy previously I said who seemed to be marcoing in a f2p bank saying "Selling cowhides 50 gp each!" pretty fast and who was also a player mod? Well, I got the chance to talk to the fellow. After he finally responded to me in private messages, he told me breifly about him becoming a player mod. Actually, very brief. I asked him how many people he reported and he said a lot -- more than you could imagine. I then asked him if he went to report people on purpose (like I do in Lumbridge, f2p) or if he just reported a random guy somewhere disobeying the rules. He didn't really answer that question but just told me that he reported people when he saw them breaking a rule. A good enough answer though. I then asked him how long he played and he said a year (he was level fifty-five) and I responded with, "Same here." Then I thanked him and let him go back to macroing, if he really is. He might just be a very fast typer. Thanks Fleevy for answering my questions. Now my hope to gain the positon of player moderator grows ever larger.
  • SwiftSwitch chat client. Make that SwiftSwitch IRC chat client. I never knew this whole thing existed until Dante told me that Zezima was in a chat on SwiftSwitch and proved that it was him by logging in and out of the game (probably turning his private to on and then off). I was a bit amazed by the Zezima part but the part that really amazed me and heard about for the longest time on Runescape Community was the IRC chat. Dante told me to go to "Show Internal Ultilites" which is above the server information and under the world selection. Once I clicked that and saw the sights that popped up in front of me, it was too much to take in. I won't even go into detail, but I thought the user look-up thing was pretty useful, so that you can find out quickly right there if somebody is lying about their stats or telling the truth. But what I liked the most was the chat. I registered my name, Buddy_Foote of course, and even registered a channel, #Foote_Chat. The people in it are somewhat mean, just like the other 3/4 of the whole Runescape community, including in-game, but I like to read what people are saying while I'm doing something like runecrafting or mining essence. The only bad thing that if you're on a f2p server, the internal utilites cuts off a lot of the playing screen of Runescape, because of the ads on the top of the screen. No problem for me, though, because I'm a member, who likes to visit f2p a lot.
  • Playing Capture the Flag. June 13th was my cousin John's birthday (the one in the "Untitled" videos besides me) and even though I was a tad too lazy to leave the house, I went. When I got there I saw Steve, James, and Brown crammed together in John's bedroom playing Halo 2 on John's Xbox. I played two rounds of Halo 2 multiplayer with them, playing the game for the very first time and was doing pretty good, only in swords though. Then we played teams (I was on Steve's team and we were up aganist Justin and Brown). I think it was a bit of a mistake to put two Steve's on a team, because when John, Schlasta, and James were screaming, "Steve, behind you! Steve! What are you doing?!" I'd start shouting, "Which Steve!?" Anyhow, we lost horribly, but that's okay. Ha, it was fun screaming in the room and everything, even the people who weren't playing were screaming their heads of at the game. But I didn't even cover the topic that I want to discuss yet. After Halo, TJ came down and we walked up to Nebraska near John's grandmother's old house to play 'Capture the Flag' in the woods. I was on the blue team, with Schlasta, John, and James. Schlasta and I were the runners (we had to go get the other team's flag) and John and James defended our flag. The other team had TJ, Steve, Brown, and Justin on it. It was hell of a lot of fun, I must say. Even with all of the bloody scratches that cover my leg and this big slash on my right upper arm (probably from colliding with a tree), it was all worth it. Schlasta and me, after we hid our flag, ran through the cemetary and up a hill on a dirt road into the woods. The road branched into two paths, and we took the right one, this being somewhat of a mistake in our part. We were now by the Route 6/Casey Highway on this road and we kept on walking, going down steep hills. Sooner or later we thought we found the flag, but we indeed found the other team. We were up on top of a huge hill when Schlasta and I heard voices and saw movement below us. Oh God, there's too much to explain. Nobody won though because it was dark out by the time the game ended so we aborted it. It was freaky though when Schlasta and I were seperated after running away. I just ran a bit off the path into the woods, dove down, and waited there for a very long time. I looked up once to see somebody in a red shirt walk by on the path, then I heard Brown's voice yelling, "Steve! Steve!" I got nervous and thought he saw me, and looked up a bit but he was running down the path Schlasta and I just ran the opposite way, away from the flag. Then we were seperated as it was getting dark out. I headed back to the top of the hill where we first saw the group and looked around, but saw nothing in the darkness. Finally Schlasta and I reunited, did a small plan, found that the flag was gone, and we headed back to base to find the game has ended. Good times, good times.
  • Zezima's house party. Just the other day, I was minding my own business mining rune essence on a f2p server while the SwiftSwitch IRC chat was running at the bottom of the screen. I was in channel #SwiftSwitch. I kept on mining and reading the messages when I noticed that somebody announced that Zezima was having a house party, World 48, Rimmington. After reading on Runescape Community that n0valyfe recently had one, I thought I'd go over and see if this guy was telling the truth. I quickly put my stuff away, grabbed some teles, switched to a member server, teled to my house, left my portal, typed in Zezima's name to visit his house and bam!, I was there. I was in Zezima's house, an environment worse than World 2 Falador. And, I took pictures. I thought it was weird that Zezim's private was turned on, but I guess I learned that it was because he was inviting people over his house. And I saw Zezima and n0valyfe there. Well, of course Zezima.
Zezima's house party.

Here's the basic mood of Zezima's house, packed and good lookin'. This was taken in Zezima's game room.



Zezima's combat room.



I was looking around for Zezima, who seemed to be in this room because it was the most crowded. This was in Zezima's workshop.



Looking for Zezima when I heard that n0valyfe was outside.



And here it is ladies and gentlemen, I found n0valyfe. But guess what, he walked away as soon as I took this picture. He was wearing a fire cape and thought, "Hey, this might be him!" Clicked on him and sure enough it was him. But then I took the picture and noticed he walked away inside the house. But at least I got a picture of his name. It's hard taking pictures of Runescape celebrites.



And then I found Zezima! However there were people on top of him, idiots. I wanted to actually see the man.



After getting these pictures, I then walked away from the crowd to explore Zezima's house a bit more. Here is his formal garden with cave enterance and magic trees.



Zezima's dungeon. Very small, and no metal dragon!



Then the strangest thing in the world happened to me, and the rest of the people at his party. Zezima must've left (at that exact moment I was climbing up a ladder out of Zezima's dungeon) and we were all teleported to the top of the spiral mountain in Trollheim. Now don't tell me that this isn't strange. I nearly pooped myself when this happened, as a mountain goat ran past me.



Thankfully I had 'Teleport to Varrock' runes on me. So I did just that, got teles to my house, and headed back to Rimmington.



After not being let into Zezima's house, I concluded that he was sick of the crowd and turned his private off, or that he actually logged off. So, I went back to f2p to mine essence. By the way, I recently went to the make-over mage to change my gender to a woman, but only to do an experiment to see if women are harassed more than men.



What good times. The list has ended so make sure you have a good one. This post took two hours of my life to write! Geez...


No comments: