Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Ghost Town

Six days and this web site that you are currently viewing has not been updated. Sad? Of course. Why? Because of my bad case of being lazy and the feeling of not wanting to type. I mean, I swear it's been a full month since I took those pictures of my hunting cabin, more pictures of Zezima's house, and all of the other little things that I promised in the past. Well, expect another 56k motherload very shortly. Why? I'm going to be spending a bit of time with my two computers next to each other. My laptop will host my addiction to Runescape whereas my desktop will host the Imageshack page where I'll be uploading tons of pictures. I'll probably get started on that ASAP, right after I hit the 'Publish' button. Sure, the pictures may not be anything special, but the fact that I left something undone that I promised to do for a month is just downright sad and pathetic. This very blog has turned into a ghost town the past week, and hopefully that will change.

I realized that I'm wasting my summer on the computer, in the house, on Runescape. I realize this when I hear younger kids outside yelling to each other, playing, while I'm sitting upstairs in my bedroom at my desk on my laptop chopping magic trees to gain a profit for another whip. By the way, I have a few things to mention about whips later on. Also, I realized this when the real Foote called me the other day. We talked for a good two hours about football, school, protected sex and how it's considered a sin because it's a form of birth control, gay marriage, the Pope, and any other topic that involves being a Christain when I brought up the fact that I haven't visited his town of Mayfield yet by traveling only about a mile on my bike. Half a summer without me going to Mayfield once is sad for me, however their small carnival, the Corn and Clam Slam, is this Thursday to Saturday so I will indeed visit the more beautiful town than Jermyn. But I want to actually go for a bike ride over and have a real visit. But, my bike is somewhat broken and I have a back brake that doesn't work, but makes an annoying noise that I enjoy to create when I squeeze it. I mean, last year I'd be playing backyard football with them almost everyday, when I was about combat level twenty to fourty in Runescape and not too involved in the game. Actually I gave up Runescape for a month when I was still a f2p player because of how everybody stole my ore rocks when mining. But what made me feel really bad is when I go back to school, or even sooner at Binder's birthday party, and my friends ask me what I did over the summer, what am I going to say? "Oh, I um...sat on my ass in a semi-comfortable chair at my computer desk on two computers at the same time playing the most addicting thing that ever came into my life that will probably suck the soul out of my body. And, um...I went swimming three times, read the summer reading books, and went for a walk through the woods a mile or two to the Archbald Park and back, almost dying from the heat." I want to change and enjoy my summer more.

I told Craig the other day on Runescape that I wasn't going to play as much. I took a break cutting magics (had 1.5k when I took the break, and just Monday I started cutting again and now I have 2.1k magics) and went to get the requirements to fully make a bullseye lattern -- 49 crafting, smithing, and firemaking. I thought that when I get my whip again that I wouldn't want to raise those levels to do slayer (I still have that task of killing the cave slimes in the Lumbridge Swamp Caves) so I got them out of the way. At inbetween getting 48 to 50 smithing, I went and did two quests -- The Family Crest and Jungle Potion. The Family Crest to get the goldsmith gaulnets to make getting smithing up faster and easier. I found the best method of getting and smelting gold ore which hardly has anybody else there -- mine the four gold rocks in Thzaar, then the four gold rocks outside of the city in Karamja Volcano, then repeat the process. Well, I got the levels, also getting 60 mining and magic, and now I went back to cut magics. Oh yes, I went off track a bit. I tend to do that a lot. Anyway, I told Craig on Runescape that I wasn't going to play Runescape as much and waste my time on the game. I think he got a bit mad or questionable about something when I said that, but I told him I need to do other things during the summer to enjoy my freedom from school. I mean, my father and I were shopping at Wal-Mart the other day when I was wandering around the main aisle of the store, near the check-outs, when I looked up at the celing and noticed back-to-school ads already. I mean it's fricking July, give us teens and children time to get away from school, not introduce it to us in the middle of our vacation from stress. I think even before I saw these signs my father asked me if I needed anything for school. I quickly ran away.

Anyway, back on topic! Well, I tried, I really did, to stop playing Runescape for hours after hours. I mean, I even started to do the chores around the house that I was supposed to -- darn, I forgot to water the garden and turn the filter off on the pool. Well, it's almost one in the morning, too late now. I think it just rained outside though, we got a small thunderstorm. Damn, it's thundering again! And my show will be on at 1:30 on Adult Swim, about Lil' Slugger. I fell in love with that show. I saw all of the episodes so far besides the first and anything after the one where the old guy, middle-aged man, and the small girl get together from over the internet to commit suicide. Funny episode, really. Sure the concept isn't funny, but just the way they were chasing after Lil' Slugger to want to be killed by him -- pure genius. Wow, I really got off-track there. One of the many problems I have I guess. Well, I never stopped playing Runescape as much as I wanted to. I get addicted to it more and more everyday I swear. My parents even go to threatening me to do something or they'll unsubscribe my membership, even though I had my membership since October of last year. But, I think I'll try to get outside more often. I've been going swimming more and more, and I even got to hang out with Craig today -- however I brought my laptop over his house and we both played Runescape at our own computers, so technically I didn't get away from the game in that situation.

Anyway, about whips in Runescape. As you know if you read my blog (I do actually have a few faithful readers as I found out over time) I was hacked in Runescape last Monday (wow, a whole week already) and lost my whip and full rune, however I was able to of course retreive my account back. I rebought my full rune but I need to buy another whip. And that alone is actually a good thing. I bought my first whip for 2.6 mil gp, which seemed like a great deal to me, even though I was aiming to buy one for 2.5 mil. Well, I might buy my next whip for as low as maybe 2.2 mil gp or lower. Why? More abyssal demons! Yes, with the new update today with the second part of the fairy storyline introduces a new way to teleport around Runescape and to other dimensions. One of these new areas introduces a new place to kill the abby demons. If I put two and two together correctly, more demons should equal more whips because there's more demons to go around. Therefore with more whips, there will be a great supply than demand. With more of a supply than a demand, the price of whips should fall. Maybe by 100k, maybe by 400k-500k (hopefully), who knows? I'll just take my time cutting magics and selling my tree seeds. Yes, I have about 600k+ worth of tree seeds I have to sell and about 180k+ steel items I have to high alch. When I sell these seeds, high alch my steel items, sell my 3k magic logs (once I cut the rest), and add the money I currently have, I'll have 3.9+ mil gp sitting in my bank. With a lower whip price introduces even more money I get to keep. Maybe I'll buy a dragon med... But I have a Runescape fact to add: the first abyssal whip sold for 65 million gp. Wow.

Now, I must go and upload those picture already and maybe play Runescape...I'm actually a bit tired of playing it today. Of course! I'll just play it so much until I get sick of it and enjoy the rest of my summer outside with the swarm of moths flying all over the place! Pure genius!

To the magic trees!

Oh yes, good day to y'all.

P.S. The new layout will be coming out sooner than you think, as this blog's birthday is this very month -- July 24th.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heyya ^^

I figure I might forget to mention this later so I must right now before I forget lol xD I want to apologize for not writing in any of those 6 days to help keep the blog updated at all :( I honestly thought each day about writing, but I have absolutly nothing to write about. Absolutly nada, nOtHiNg to say :( I feel bad now.. but wanted to let you know because otherwise I definately would have written because I like too! Don't worry, I will have to go around today 'making stuff happen' so I'll have something interesting to write about very soon :)

Don't be so hard on yourself about playing so much Runescape ¬ doing all that much of other stuff (it isn't like summer is over tomorrow!) ;) You aren't the only one, ...so you can remember that xP Plus, I think it would be nice for the both of us to do something (in person) that would be a fun day and then maybe you wouldn't feel so bad because it would be something "else" you did rather than RS for a day. Agree? There's just one problem.. :P


What will we do?


Hehe (: Now I am not even supposed to be on the computer in the mornings or afternoons .. I told myself and even you(?) that I plan on just being on after the day is over at night, well it is noon now.. so then what am I doing online?! -sighs- It's raining though so I can't feel bad that I am missing the outsidey-ness :P

You + Me = Talking Later.