Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Blog Problems

It has come to my attention one day while playing Runescape a while back that my friend, Dante, told me that he couldn't see the entries in this blog. After telling him to download Firefox, he was able to see the entries, the new layout, and everything that this blog offers. However this was the only problem at the time that I was aware of, as the average unquie visitors a day were 40 to 60, even reaching 90+ for two days after the new blog layout was releashed to the public. However, recently I saw a huge decline in the number of visitors, and many complaints from a few readers saying that they can't see squant in my blog, in terms of what you're reading now (if you could read it, to which you wouldn't have saw this entry at all). After having a discussion with Caitlin about if the layout was made to be compatable with only a certain browser, she said that this layout wasn't made for only one browser and was before friendly with all, including Internet Explorer, to which she edited this new layout in that browser. It seems that AOL and IE (Internet Explorer) are the only browsers thusfar not working well with viewing this blog, however I have not tried others, such as MSN, AOL Explorer, etc. I'm reaching out to everybody and saying, "Download Firefox!" Firefox seems to be the only browser at the time that can fully view this blog, and I think is the best web surfing internet browser out there. To download Firefox as I am too lazy to provide a link at this very minute, go to the link in the left sidebar underneath "Site Best Viewed In" in the form of an image banner saying "Firefox". Hopefully you already have Firefox and you're able to see this entry. Caitlin too also told me that one of her other sites is too acting up in IE, so maybe it's a problem with the browser? No matter what, just get Firefox, have it or not, download it again.

Also in other news concerning this blog: Caitlin and Chase are going on vacation shortly for x number of days so the rate of being updated with new blog entries will be lowered, as I too am going to my hunting cabin for the next, um...three days (?) and you know how I am with posting entries. But I'm not sure when the two are leaving to go away so maybe there will be a gap there and we can keep you updated long enough to satisfy the thirst for knowledge about, oh what's the word...stuff. And yes, that means I'll have to take back the reins for a few days, week, or however long (I swear I knew this information in the past but [here comes the famous line] due to my short memory span I most likely forgot) and keep this blog going. I don't know if I could though. I became lazy once Caitlin came along, and even more lazy when we picked up Chase at the local 7/11 for lunch. Let's see what comes of this. Who knows, maybe I'll post those two month overdue pictures I promised.

Now I need to write up a small rant that'll probably grow very, very large. Ever since I came back from Dorney Park about two weeks ago (wow time goes by fast) I really wanted to play Rollercoaster Tycoon so that I could create my own amusement park. Not really wanting to play Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 because it got old over the years, I tried to pirate (yes, I'm a bad person...) Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. Well, that didn't work out. The closest I got to actually getting a copy was a Portugese version of the game, and damn they have a lot of accents in their words. I couldn't get past the installation in that, so I gave up and played Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 on my laptop making the "New Jermyn Park". Because I'm a bad person and cheater in all single-player games, I went and downloaded a trainer, a program that you have to run in the background of the game to get cheats that would otherwise require complicated Hex editing to have access to. So I booted that up, put some cheats on, and played the game wasting hours of my life. I put the span of building the park at once over a few days. Well, today I went to open the park and put some advertisements up for it when I realized that nobody was entering my park. Confused, I followed the path to where the park guests spawned at the map boundary to find that half-way in this path the guests were turning around. After looking into this, I found out that this part of the path was owned by the park and guests can't go on park land without entering the park enterance, which was pretty far away. This was probably because of the "Own All Land" option in the trainer. I then downloaded a second trainer that said you could disown land, but that was very limited and you could really only invert land that is owned to unowned land and vice versa. I got to the point of actually being depressed in the end. Why? Because this was the best fricking park I ever made filled with themes, forests, my first good custom made rollercoasters, wide paths, tons of staff, and a very beautiful landscape, containing lakes, rivers, and a pyramid; and guests couldn't come in to enjoy it. I might take time to post pictures of my "guest-less" park someday. If at all you know of any advice for me to fix this problem, please feel free to comment here and type your heart away.

Now for my Runescape update. I found a new great plan to get money and I have achieved it once, but later learned of a plot turn that I might experience later on. This plan: buy 1k yew logs for 250k, buy 1k nature runes for 300k, and buy 1k flax for 100k; fletch the yew logs into yew longbow (u), spin the flax at Seers and put on the unstrung bows, and then have a party alching the strung longs. I did this once and did indeed make a profit, plus an even bigger profit because I had extra yew logs, bow string, and nature runes in my bank already. Then after doing this, I thought of high alching the 2.1k maple longbows I had in my bank. I went around trying to buy nature runes in the banks but to my disappoint found no sellers this time around. There were probably six guys buying natures but nobody selling at every major bank I went to. Finally I went into #rsmarket on SwiftIRC and found somebody selling natures for 350 gp each. I would still make a profit, but not as big as buying for 300 gp each. After trying to haggle for these natures at a lower price, I ended up buying at the original price of 350 gp, 735k for all 2.1k natures. Being that maple longbows are f2p items, I thought I'd hang out there and alch them, reporting any rule breakers that I came across and chatting with fellow members and new players in need of help. Many begged for stuff but I just said I was poor, which got most away until they went to point out the 4.2 million gp stuff I was wearing/weilding (however I wasn't wielding my whip but a fire staff, so that made the net worth of the items wearing decrease greatly). I got my magic to 66 doing this. When I was done, I went fishing at Caterby and got it up a level to have access to the Fishing Guild. So now I have access to all skill guilds and all guilds besides Legends. Currently I was training at the ice warriors and ice giants and doing slayer, but my last assignment was to kill 55 shades, and I didn't do that quest yet so I must Burthope yet again.

Now for a new special that I plan on applying to all new entries. I'm always interested in the search keywords that people use to stumble across this blog, so I thought that I'd comment on them, or answer them if they're in a question format. However I'll point my finger right now and say go on RuneHQ or Zybez if you need any Runescape questions answered (most of them are relating to Runescape) but I'll tend to them anyway. Plus, another reason I'm doing this is because many people can't find the answers to their questions right away in the huge entries here. Will they come back to get there answer? Probably not, but it's here for future reference.


"runescape braking into banks"

I'm going to think that this man is probably another new hacker who wants to know how to get rid of a Bank PIN so that he can break into somebody's bank. Or this person is a new player and thinks he can break into other banks. If that's the case, then no, you can't -- and don't dare try.

"how do you the key to the blue dragons in talvery dungeon"

Now here's a good question that I'm willing to answer. To get the key to enter the blue dragon den, you need the enter the black knight area of the dungeon. To get here, do not cross the bridge going over to the chaos dwarves and later on the lesser demons, but continue straight until you get to the hill giants. Still continue and go straight past a door in the black knight area. Then go east at this point until you find a Jailer. Kill him and pick up the jail key. Use the jail key on the door holding a man. Tell the man you wish to explore or something among those lines and he'll give you a Dusty Key. That key is your literal key to enter the blue dragon den. Just go back, but this time going across the bridge to the chaos dwarves and lesser demons, and use the Dusty Key on the locked gate. For a Dusty Key respawn, continue past the blue dragon den until you get to where you can fish lava eels for the Heroes Guild quest. By three baby blue dragons is the Dusty Key respawn. Hope that helped.

"joe tuzze"

He went to Lakeland Jr/Sr High School during the time I was in 7th and maybe 8th grade. He was the star football player of our school at the time. I remember rooting him on during the football games when he would run up the field with the ball for a touchdown. I did see him in the hallways a couple of times. He's now playing football for some college that I forgot the name of. I'll have to ask my friend Corey about that. He's a good man and made a mark in our school's history. Can't wait for the upcoming football season though.

"where is the talvery dungeon in runescape"

South of Taverly, northwest of Falador. To get there from Taverly, go south past the small town's boundaries into a forest of dead trees. Around this area near the ocean you should see an exclamation mark on your map indicating a dungeon. That's the Taverly Dungeon. If you can climb over the crumbled wall in Falador, do so and walk west until you get to the mine. Then go up the hill and go northwest. You should get to the dungeon shortly.

"runescape how much is abyssal whip worth"

Looking at the Zybez Market Price Guide, whips as of Augest 8th, 2006 are 2,500,000gp - 2,600,000 gp. I bought mine for the 2.6 mil back in July. Many people, however, are selling for 2.7 mil as I have seen in populated banks. These guys are probably merchanters, as the guys out there who have the 85 slayer to get whips as a drop normally sell for a reasonable price. Whip prices have been like the stock market recently (you can't really say that for party hats because they don't fall and rise, they just dramatically rise) so beware. Try buying whips for 2.5 mil, no lower. Believe me, you won't get any sellers. If that doesn't work, try 2.55 or 2.6 mil. And believe me on this note too: whips are the best.

Now that's all I have for you now. Five comments a day should keep the doctor away. Have a good day.

No comments: