Thursday, August 03, 2006

Heat Wave

Hot. That's the word I'm going to use to describe the weather and the temperatue for the past two days, and today. For the most part, the temperature in my hometown of Jermyn, Pennsylvania was well over 99 degrees yesterday, with the temperature reading on the town's bank 103 degrees when I passed by it on my way to get hunting licenses with my father. And we didn't see any rain at all for the past few days either, however we're supposed to get a few afternoon thunderstorms today which will bring along a cold front, cooling this area off. Not dramaically but just right to make conditions comfortable. Most of this summer was comfortable and the temperatures as a high stayed in the upper 80's and maybe early 90's, but these past fews days were a different story. These weather isn't really helping my developing cold either. Saturday, after the day at the lake that Caitlin talked about in her post yesterday (thankfully she did because I probably would have gotten around to it next year), I passed out on the "little room" couch from being tired. Just as a note, the "little room" is a room in the downstairs of my house to which we adpoted that title to it (the room isn't really that little the way I look at it) and this room contains my desktop computer, SNES, N64, and PS1. Now that I think about it, I didn't start getting sick until Sunday night after I had some brownie ice cream with chocolate syrup and these colored dots that I threw on there. I was playing Runescape when I started getting a small, itching short throat. Then as time developed, I got a stuffy nose, post nasal drip, horrible sore throat that caused my ears to hurt every time I swallowed thus resulting in an ear ache, and my forehead is hot and I have a headache and my stomach is churny. Can I conclude that as being sick? Yes. Last night in this heat, I was tired and went to bed around eight in the evening, a very early time for me as I have been going to bed around three to four in the morning all summer. Then around ten I awoke and started to go crazy mentally, which I tend to do a lot. I couldn't breathe, I was soaked with sweat, and my sore throat was just beyond irritating, scratchy, and ear ache giving. I kept on thinking I was on a rollercoaster and I was getting mental images of Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, as I was playing it yesterday, and everytime I got a pain (swallowing due to my sore throat) the rollercoaster would begin and everytime the pain went away the rollercoaster would stop. Very messed up in the head at the time? Indeed. I had the fan on 'High' too but I was still hot and sweaty. Now that I think about it, I might've had a fever at the time and when I was sweating, the fever might've broke. Anyhow, I went downstairs to get cooled off in the air conditioner, but I ended up freaking out, cussing at everybody, knocked stuff over, and sneaked back upstairs. I think I had a mixture of a nervous breakdown (I have these too much) and having a fever.

It's now nine in the morning and I have been up since 4:30 mainly because I cannot sleep for more than eight hours this summer, which is rather strange. From eight last night to four this morning I believe is eight hours. I can't count on my fingers so I'm doing some mental math here. My sore throat isn't as bad as it was when I first woke up and last night though. This is probably because I took an Advil first thing this morning. I just hope I'm okay for Saturday because my friend, Binder, is having a party that he's been planning since we were still in school (he sent out invitations in June). Plus I'm taking Craig to Camel Beach this Tuesday and Wednesday to Friday I'm staying at the hunting cabin with my father. And no, don't expect any pictures dammit.

These next few events though will be some of the last ones of the summer of 2006. As Caitlin said, school is just around the corner and almost quite literally. From what I have heard, Augest 23rd is the due date to return our behinds to the classroom. The grade ahead: 10th. I feel like I'm getting old. Less than three months I'll be 16 and will be able to get a permit (which reminds me, I need to start studying that driving manual) and I'll be going into 10th grade. 10th grade equals three more years of high school to endure. And that equals the close coming introduction to the real world. I'll probably be getting that introduction this October when I walk in to take my knowledge test to get my permit. Geez, life just goes by too fast. I shouldn't be talking though, I've only been on this earth for 15 years and 9 months and can't really say that life goes by fast when I'm just getting into it. Actually you first get into life when you're born and see the light for the first time. Actually I'm just going to shut up now before I confuse myself and start a new paragraph.

There we go. What can I expect this school year? Well, I expect actually a good year. I heard we have good teachers for Advanced English II, Advanced Algebra II (right class title?), Biology, and World Cultures. Those four main classes should hopefully be good with the expected teachers we're going to maybe have, but with your average rumors flying around such as this teacher retired or that teacher fell off a bridge after getting drunk in downtown San Francisco, who knows what'll happen. SAT Prep will probably be the worst class I think. Why? The teacher. Why else? It will involve essay writing. I hate writing essays. Sure, I might be good at them, but that's because I write a bunch of bull and make it sound good and hope it's right. Does it work out for me? Yes, because I always wind up answering it correctly and I give the full answer in exact detail. How? I don't know. Another problem: Driver's Ed. Why? We have to drive a car that was donated to the school many moons ago with the shop teacher. Problem: teacher scares me and calls everybody a communist. I think my gym teacher teaches the class though, so that'll be excellent. I remember taking a late Spanish test in there and they were just talking the whole class. Oh, of course! Spanish! That's the other elective course I chose, Spanish II. Problem: Teacher. Why? I heard she hates all male students. Problem: I'm a male student who takes Spanish. My third elective was computers which should be an easy class, but if I had the same teacher from back in 8th grade, shoot me now, with a water gun. At least we won't have to write and present speeches anymore until 11th/12th grade in our Senior Projects.

And I shall end this entry with my current Runescape life. Well, I didn't talk about Runescape in a long time here, as I've been playing it besides posting. Currently I'm training ranged at the moss giants on that small island west of Brimhaven. There's a spot there on the island where two of the moss giants can't attack you while you're ranging them, so I've been there for a while throwing steel knives at them and shooting them with my 2.1k iron arrows I made a long time ago using a magic shortbow. I did two quests since I last posted about Runescape. These quests were Tourist Trap and The Fremenick Trials. I got my strength and defence to 70 a while ago. After I get my ranged to 60, I'm going to either do one of two things. 1) Get 38 herblore while farming the herbs I'm going to use and while farming I'll fish and cook the fish, or 2) Get 80 fletching (only eight levels away, whereas I'm also eight levels away in my herblore goal) and make magic shortbows and sell them 5k each. If I do that last step, 20 magic shorts would fetch me 100k gp. I'm just worried about that because 1) a lot of people have fletching levels of 80 or above, so there must be a huge supply of magic shorts (unless they alch them) thus making the demand of them low, and 2) I don't really see too many people buying them in banks. However I did sort of make 110k or more doing a level two clue scroll. I got an addy shield (h1) and addy legs (t), which I'm going to go and sell in f2p soon. Plus maybe I'll sell my rune full helm and kite because I now have an obby shield and a dragon med helm in place of them, well, nevermind. I'll keep those two items for when I do dangerous quests because I'm not going to risk taking two items worth 1 million gp somewhere, unless my combat level was 95+. Anyway, what should I do next, either that plan '1' or plan '2'?

Well, I'm off to get 60 ranged. Make sure you have a good one.

No comments: