Sunday, August 13, 2006

Cabin Log

During my little 'mini-vacation' at my hunting cabin from Wednesday to Friday, I wrote down accounts from my days and any thoughts I had in my head at the time. Learning from my past mistakes of how I never seem to get anything from a paper typed up, I took my laptop to type up logs so that all I have to do is a simple copy and paste, not hours looking at a paper, then the keyboard, and so on. Plus my wrist hurts after writing a lot (oh God, can't wait for school) so I prefered to type. I would've had this posted yesterday but after coming home from the cabin early in the morning we went school shopping all day then went visiting the owners of the property my father and I hunt on. No, I don't hunt at the hunting cabin and neither does my father strangely enough. We have other "better" private land to hunt on. It's not that I don't love the cabin (oh Lord, I love that place), but it's hard to even find your common squirrel running around. We did see a fawn walking around up in the overgrown field my father cut that day for a work party and my father said he saw some deer down the road, but this was all information I never typed up at the time. These logs were four pages long in Microsoft Word and in 10 sized font, Times New Roman, so prepare yourself.

And I introduce to you, my cabin log:


August 9th, 2006 at 11:54 P.M.

I'm here right now sitting at the kitchen table at my hunting cabin
during my first out of the two nights staying up here. My father needs
a good vacation every now and then, but due to the fact that he
normally works two jobs a day, he doesn't have too much time to sit
down and do nothing. So normally we just drive up to our hunting cabin
located in Susquehanna County, PA and have a vacation here. It's nice
and quiet and you have the right touch of nature surrounding you. I
brought my laptop with me so I'm typing on it right now. Like I
expected, I don't get an internet connection in the middle of nowhere
on top of a mountain as the only houses around here are hunting
cabins. Ever see a hunting cabin with a desktop computer and a
wireless internet set up? I never did. However I'll be sure to
recommend that suggestion if I'm ever a member of this cabin someday.

Today we left the cabin around six in the afternoon and drove up to
New York state to Five Mile Point, a stock car racetrack. The races
there were fast, good, and accelerating, the way I like them. No major
crashes though, but you had an engine failure, blowout, and maybe a
small crash of three cars, but nothing bi…actually, there was a crash
that involved everybody besides three cars, but that'll just be my
little secret. The only downside of these races was that the cars
kicked up a lot of the dirt that was on the track, causing practically
a sandstorm. Well, it didn't just kick up dirt (which I didn't mind
because I was wearing protective eyewear) but rocks, and I kept on
getting hit by these rocks. For their small size, they actually hurt.
I thought some idiot was throwing small pebbles at me until I realized
that these idiots were the racecars. However I must say, this couple
sitting by my father and I were quite strange, and their friend
dropped the "f-bomb" as every adjective and adverb she used in a
sentence.

I'm still feeling like shit though. This medication that I'm taking is
making me tired and somewhat dizzy especially this purple liquid stuff
that I take at night. I really didn't do anything at all today besides
lying on a couch in the living room reading my third and last required
summer reading for school, Fahrenheit 451, eating barbeque potato
chips, watching TV, sitting outside by the fire which I let die once
while taking a bathroom break (don't ask a break from what because I
was sitting down), and then the races. I did fish in the pond from the
dock for a while, but the sun just made me too hot so I went back in
the much cooler house. I caught only three fish, bluegills I think.
They were the tiniest fish I caught yet. Actually the third one was a
decent size now that I think about it.

When I woke up this morning before getting ready to leave to the
cabin, I remember having two dreams, or maybe one dream with two
separate parts. One dream was bad and one dream was good. Let's start
with the good, shall we? Remember my rant in my last entry about how I
can't get any park guests in Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 because of a
little error that I made using a trainer? Well, the good dream was
that I used the second trainer that I had to relocate the respawning
location for the guests so that they could avoid the path that they
turned around at. At the relocation, the guests could work in and out
of the park like normal, but the main point was that I had guests, and
that week plus work I put into that park paid off. That's the thing
about a video gaming life. You can put your life into a single player
game but you'll really never get anything worth out of it besides a
good gaming experience. Why not multiple games? Well, you can harness
your skills and perfect them in a fighting, racing, etc. game that you
can use against friends or opponents online. And also MMORPG's like
Runescape too also apply because what you work for can be interacted
with others. Get a high combat level, you're a worshipped warrior.
Have a high woodcutting level, people praise you. Have a nice house
with steel dragon in the dungeon, people will declare you rich, beg
for money, and cause another 6.6.06 glitch. Funny, as my second dream
has to deal with Runescape. I have this fear of the evil chicken. This
random event is just too powerful to be placed as a random event.
Well, any random event can be powerful, but this bastard just attacks
you out of nowhere for no reason. At least a random fight like the
strange plant or the Mr. Hyde gives you a chance to turn down the
fight. You may argue with me about tree spirits, golems, and river
trolls, but I'll argue back saying that these guys at least require
doing something to trigger these random events. For a chicken, you can
be standing there having a good chat and he comes along shooting evil
beams of death at you. Well, in my dream, I remember I died probably
from an evil chicken and I kept what was supposed to be the three best
items I had, but instead it was the three worst items, which was like
an herb, 10k, and something else. That got rid of my abyssal whip,
obby cape and shield, dragon med, rune plate and legs, ring of wealth,
glory amulet, etc. which is about 4 mil+ right there. I think I was
actually in f2p when this happened, high alching in Varrock while
talking to other members near the castle. Or maybe I was at the ice
giants/warriors. I just don't remember. But I do remembered that I
cried, hard.

I once read that a guy got a dragon chain from dust devils and he
buried a bone because his inventory was full before he picked up the
chain. With his luck, the grave digger random event pops up, takes him
away, and leaves the chain on the ground for others to take; or if
nobody to take it, to disappear into thin air. Actually I don't
remember if the item was in fact a dragon chain, but it was some very
expensive item, or expensive at the time of this loss. Actually I
think he was fighting black dragons but…maybe not. I read this on the
official Runescape forums so I can't go back to get any information.

Well, I'm tired and I need to get to bed because we may go for a walk
to New York (which is just a long way up the road) in the morning or
sometime tomorrow so I need to gather up some energy that I never
really got back from this cold. I swear, if this cold ruins my first
couple days of school, I'll be pissed. You NEVER want to miss the
first days of school, never.

Have a good one.


August 11th, 2006 at 12:12 A.M.

Some people say one or the other, either that dreams do come true or
that they don't. Well in my case, one of those two dreams I spoke
about last night did indeed come true. Being that I don't have
internet access at this hunting cabin so that takes out the Runescape
dream (thankfully), but the other dream did apply -- having park
guests in my Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 park that I worked for days on.
This morning after having a good Runescape dream about getting a half
dragon shield as a drop, I ran Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 quickly before
going outside (we didn't go on the walk to New York state because my
father woke up later than you'd otherwise have to) and opened up the
trainer and fooled around trying to get the guests to respawn at that
point. Finally I got the coordinates right -- X:10, Y:90, and Z:0. I
was pretty damn happy about this because I can finally see my park
enjoyed by little virtual people that all appear to be adult men with
brown hair, just like in my dream that night, and I wanted to keep on
dreaming that dream because I was happy that my goal was working, and
a similar situation happened in this case because I wanted to keep on
playing, but I had to go outside and enjoy myself in nature. I didn't
come here to go on the laptop, I came here to go fishing, shooting,
burning things, etc. -- things you can't do in a town near the city.

On another note, my father's friend came up today and is staying up
here for a while. We had a fish fry and ate a baked potato cooked in
the fire pit. Then we sat outside the rest of the night until about
11:30 talking, but I was mostly listening and laughing at the jokes or
any funny comments.

Because my bladder is about to burst and that wouldn't be a good
sight, I'm going to proceed to the bathroom and finish this blog entry
part right here. Have a good one.

By the way, I hope that dragon shield dream comes true. It would give
me motivation to do the Legends' Quest.

August 11th, 2006 at 12:40 A.M.

Nevermind, I'm back. Now that my bladder is empty I feel refreshed
enough to type. I'm probably going to hit the hay ("And what did the
hay ever do to you?") in about twenty to thirty minutes anyway. Once I
take my cough medicine I'm knocked out. I swear, between the
prescription capsules and this cough medicine plus the Motrin I forgot
to take all day, I swear the doctor is trying to make me be a lazy bum
who's going to go work nowhere and…anyway, this medicine really knocks
me out cold. It's like sleeping medicine, but isn't. Damn side
effects. May cause drowsiness. Sure hell does. I'm not drowsy really
but it gives me one of those headaches that feel like your eyes and
packed with something and all congested and just one of those
headaches you get when you're extremely tired. Well, I could've been
in the best spirits, take the medicine, and be a cranky baboon within
minutes. I swear, mood changes these days…

Not having the option to play Runescape up here, I think about it a
lot. Actually Wednesday morning before we came up, I had to quickly go
on RuneHQ and see what my combat level would be at 75 attack,
strength, and defence because it was really bothering me for a while
to figure this out. And God, it would be driving me crazy right now.
With 75 attack, strength, and defence, 52 prayer, and 74 hit points
(it would probably be higher because mine is 72), I would be 92.5
combat. Pretty good in my book. Now something else is bothering me. Do
ice giants drop dragon left halves? I don't think so because isn't the
formula that any monster who drops gems, wait…do ice giants dr…I don't
know, I'll save it until I get internet access. Why ice giants?
Because in my dream I think I got the dragon half shield from an ice
giant. I remember there being snow on the ground and in a cavern and
whatever I killed too also dropped big bones.

Being that I'm supposed to go school shopping tomorrow, I got a paper
and pen and headed up near the fire outside before to write up a list
of things I needed. My favorite two items were the following:

*Upgraded laptop RAM -- makes researching faster and easier
*Preorder the Nintendo Wii -- will reduce stress and calm nerves

Showing the list to my father, he laughed and said that I'm funny. I
need a Wii though. I can live without the laptop RAM for maybe another
year or two or three, but that Wii, I couldn't last a day after the
release date without holding one. I mean, I just want to try out that
controller already. It looks amazing and I need it.

Well, I'm not sure if I'm going home tomorrow (actually today) or not,
because we're getting this crazy idea circling around the place about
staying for another night. Oh yes, I finished Fahrenheit 451 today.
Great book. I highly recommend it. Overall with the three books I read
this year, I found out two things. One, I read the books within a two
day time period. Two, the books all had a rather sad or depressing
ending. I hope I just didn't ruin anything for anybody, but there were
no "happily ever after" said within the books I read. Just treason,
misunderstandings, losses, deaths, war, and rebels.

I'm off to look at the Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 pictures I took today. Night.


August 11th, 2006 at 9:12 A.M.

As I said before today at night, I stated that the prescriptions I
take seem to make me tired and drowsy, but ever since I started taking
them I've been remembering my dreams more and more and have been doing
weird things at night, such as screaming in my sleep. My father and
his friend said that just this morning before I woke up, I screamed,
"Zachary!" (my nephew's name). And they said I was pretty pissed off
about whatever Zach did. But I could actually remember the dream and
yelling his name in it, but I guess somehow my brain made my mouth
move and vocal cords to trigger and made me say it also in the real
world. In the dream, Zach and I were having some gaming contest and I
was winning somehow because of my laptop and he was pressing buttons
on the laptop so I yelled at him. I scream or say stuff at night
sometimes, but doing it two nights in a row isn't that right.

Okay, time to walk to New York. Bye.


August 11th, 2006 at 11:00 P.M.

My day: Woke up around 9:30 this morning after yelling out load in
my sleep, went for a three mile walk to New York and back because we
were chased away by a black lab (thankfully because besides a six mile
walk we would have went on a seven mile plus walk), we went to get
firewood in the back woods behind the cabin so I pushed five
wheelbarrow loads of logs back and forth up and down hills back to the
fire pit, then we went for a ride in the truck to see how far and
where the road that we turned around at on our walk was, then we went
to this spot where my father spotted fish several times on the side of
the road on our walking path so we grabbed two fishing poles and went
to see what fish were in there (they were native trout and we kept
them in the bucket to put in the cabin's pond -- we did this several
times afterwards and now twelve trout are happily swimming in our
pond), then we went for another ride all the way to a store because my
supply of chips and lemonade ran out, then we got a fire going while
fishing at the dock and later on toward the evening I shaved for the
first time in my life and we sat around the fire until just now
talking and bullshitting. A busy day indeed. A good day also. Ha, I
should've mentioned that we ended up staying another night, that
little factor might've been important in this great novel of death,
gore, and all things pink. Now tomorrow early in the morning we have
to quickly pack up, leave, go school shopping, come home, and then my
favorite part of the day, play Runescape! I needed a big break from
Runescape though and this mini vacation is just doing the thing. But I
have to ask myself, if we had internet access up here, would I be on
Runescape? Probably not just because I wouldn't want to risk losing my
account using an unknown internet connection just like in my last
hack. Plus once I started playing, I'd probably never go outside which
would sort of destroy the vacation.

My father and friend kept on bullshitting about when I woke up this
morning and shouted "Zachary!". Well, my father told me that yesterday
morning I said, "God dammit, I knew you'd drop it on my fingers!" I
don't remember dreaming that or what caused me to say that, but I
laughed hard when he told me that. Something that random being
screamed at night like that is just rather scary for other people. My
father's friend, Spunk, said that he was sitting on the couch this
morning talking to my father when all of a sudden I screamed that. He
jumped. That's because I'm just a quiet person you wouldn't expect me
to yell. I do yell when I'm mad, but bottom of the line, that's that.
Or if somebody is far away, of course, that's only natural.

So I achieved two things this vacation. My first shave ever and
finishing the required summer reading books. Oh, and walking to New
York. So that's three. Let me tell you, when I shaved I was freaked
out that I was going to cut myself and bleed to death right there on
the spot because the nearest hospital is what, miles and miles away.
So on my first shave (yes, I sort of shaved twice today) I walk
outside to have my father approval my shave, but he said I missed
about three clumps of facial hair, some sideburns, and I had shaving
gel in my hair that I didn't see to get out. So I headed back in and
took my time and shaved everything right. Even my moustache, which I
didn't intend to shave at first.

Wait, I need to get this out of my system:

"Oompa oompa oomph-ade-do! I got something to tell you!"

Okay, I'm better now.

Well, I'm going to go to bed soon. I'm just dying to see what I'm
going to randomly scream out tomorrow morning. This medication I tell
you, plays with my mind.

August 12th, 2006 at 9:34 A.M.

Time to go home.



--Log over.--

And no, I didn't say anything in my sleep that night.

Now I will conclude this topic with my new feature that was introduced in my last entry, "Comment That Keyword!" For more information, go to my last entry.

"zezima's marriage on runescape"

I got these five keywords from last night and when I saw this, I thought it was just some random bullshit where somebody stuck Zezima in a situation. I'm not a person who points at something and says it's not real. I believe everything is real in a way. But this whole view changed today while surfing Runescape Community while 'afk training' at the level 50 spiders in the Security Stronghold (by the way, I'll be at this place for a while taking breaks to fish more swordfish for food, so drop in and train with me; everybody welcome -- and say you know me from reading this blog for a cookie). I was looking at the main page when I saw out of the corner of my eye something about Zezima getting married. So interested and remembering this keyword, I clicked on it to find out more information. Here's the page. As you can see, Zezima (whose real name appears to be Peter) married in-game his real life girlfriend Eli. And the wedding was also done in a very formal fashion. Note that the wedding took place at a player-owned house. I don't know whose though, maybe Zezima's. I was there before twice but I never went exploring to find his cathedral. Enough said here, let's move on.

"is swiftswitch a scam?"

I don't see in any way possible how SwiftSwitch can be a scam because it doesn't cost any money and is entirely safe to use, no keyloggers or viruses attached to the file. But we careful and download SwiftSwitch at it's offical site or at Zybez because you could get a fake that may have a keylogger putting your account at risk. But answering the question simply: no.

"how to make a mil on runescape"

Many people would say to merchant, but I never once really merchanted besides having bought my rune scimmy for 100k and then selling for 105k. Wow, 5k profit. That's nothing to many merchanters. However I'm going to say this: Don't be an impulsive spender and save your money. Many people might get 100k, see a good offer in a bank, and blow it there. Like when construction came out, I bet that money being saved up flew out the window within hours. That's the bad thing about Runescape, you send money faster than you make it.

Mostly there's three main ways to make money: merchanting, staking, and player killing. I hate all three. I do the fourth big way which I respect, high alching. I buy things, put them together, and alch to make a profit. Somebody once told me that you aren't supposed to make a profit alching, but I sure as hell do. But my method requires already having 700k to spend, so many wouldn't do this. Therefore I won't be bothered to tell you.

I honestly forgot how I got my first mil. I just never spent money, at all. I got everything by myself and was a self-centered person. Part of it was cutting yews and selling them. Another part selling raw lobsters. Now for a quick one million gp, I just need to spend a day in a half cutting 1k magic logs. So my suggestion: get your woodcutting to 80 cutting yews. Sell the yews. If you don't have a million yet which you probably should (you need 9,785 yew logs to get from 60 to 80 woodcutting which if sold 250 gp each equals 2.4 mil gp right there) cut magics. But like I just said, you'd have 2.4 mil if you were exactly 60 woodcutting. I actually got my woodcutting up chopping maples for fletching, but you can do whatever you want. Otherwise, catch sharks.

"september pokemon pillow"

I'm looking at this and wondering how it goes together and even more importantly how the hell they got to my site. Actually now that I remember, Chase did a review on Pokemon, but where that that pillow part come from? Well, the word pillow before this post was mostly said somewhere so they just got on here then.

By the way, I'm selling Pokemon pillows next month.

"zezima neopets"

Zezima is a twenty-one year old man who just got married in-game to his real life girlfriend and is attending college -- I highly doubt he plays Runescape. Maybe there's a different Zezima who goes on Neopets, but I say I highly doubt it. I'll ask Caitlin to look at this when she comes back from vacation.

"how do you let the firewall let swiftswitch work"

It really depends on the firewall, but let's say you're using the Windows firewall that's already installed in newer computers. You just go in there and allow SwiftSwitch as one of the programs to access the internet. For step-by-step instructions, I can't help you there. Sorry.


After all this time I forgot to mention a video made by my Runescape buddy, Dante, that features Zezima in it. In the video, Zezima and Dante trade each other. Dante gave Zezima a free ranarr seed and then Zezima goes to the bank and returns with a ranarr seed and trades it to Dante. Pretty funny if you ask me. Note: Dante is the one in this film wearing the full dragon armour. This was before he was scammed for his Santa hat and gave everything away. A tragic event for his Runescape career. But with hope, I convinced him to chop magic trees and get back into shape. He's doing good now, but I think he's on vacation (geez, everybody is going on vacations lately). Video is here.

By the way, I read on Runescape Community today that if you were hacked, you cannot be a mod because they state that your account isn't secure, which would cause problems if a hacker got onto a mod's account and went around muting the world. Hopefully I won't be affected by that because I made my account very secure and when Dante mailed Jagex on their site explaining to them how I helped him get back into the game and how I'd make a good, caring mod, they mailed back aying that I'm doing everything right, I'm following the rules, and that I have a great chance of being a mod. Cheers to Dante and Jagex!

I'm out. Have a good one while I go back on my road to 92 combat!

No comments: