Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Day at the Lake

Hola =) It's Caitlin, yay yay aren't you excited?? :P I don't blame you if you're not..anyways I have something to write about now ^^ That's always good, now I must stop rambling and begin already. -clears throat- I had a wonderful weekend, and a busy week thus far. This past Saturday, July 29th, I invited my friend Stephen (Buddy Foote) to come spend the day at Lake Wallenpaupack with me and my brother, Chase, tagging along. That means your three oh so fabulous blog writers here had a get together. Haha. I was never at this lake before, but I'll admit it's really nice, clean, and large for the most part. My father has friends who go up there often, and they own a speedboat which we got to spend the morning on. We arrived at the lake around..9am in the morning? We went tubing first. None of us had ever been tubing before, so this was a first. If you don't know what I mean by tubing, it is when a large floating tube is tied to the back of a speedboat, someone gets in, holds on tight, and is pulled behind a boat. I probably would have tried tubing this summer nevertheless, because I have some other friends who go tubing a lot and wanted to invite me. Anyways back to the point! I had one turn, Steve went twice, and Chase went three times I think. I went on it with Steve and apparently kept taking up most of the tube on accident and he ended up falling off into the water, resulting in me feeling really bad about that. xD Chase went with Steve too, and they both seemed to really enjoy that ride. I think tubing was fun, I was reluctant to try it at first, and I can be like that about a lot of things, but if I am forced to try fun things I am thankful to that person for making me try it, haha. It hurt my stomach at times because I slammed back down on the tube hard once, and it made all of our arms sore the next day. I hope to get the chance to go tubing again though ^^ Once everyone pretty much had a turn, we went for this really long boat ride, I guess over the entire lake. That lake is looong. I couldn't complain though [; The boat also was stopped at one really deep part and we went swimming for a half hour. Thankfully the weather was gorgeously clear and hot that day. =)

Around 11am- noon I guess we arrived back at the dock, and it was almost lunchtime so while my dad and his friend got pizza, Stephen, Chase, Brandon, and I played catch with a football. Brandon is one of my dad's friend's children. He's going into 7th grade..if I remember correctly. I was proud of my football skills, hahaha. I don't understand how to actually play as in all the details of an actual game, but I can throw and catch 'okay' for a girl xD I've been practicing since I was 4 too.. :P After eating, Steve and I went for a walk. Honestly, I didn't know where I was going at times, but it was a nice walk. We traded each other's 'spiffy technical electronic devices' (my iPod, his camera) and looked at them, saw over a dozen squirrels, and walked through a very old cemetary before turning around and heading back. Once back we were hot, and luckily got to go swimming much longer than I thought we'd have time for, but it was wonderful. I think I, personally, had the most fun swimming at the end with just Steve and Chase. Steve and Chase, with me trying too, would go under water and they came back up with huge rocks to throw. It was so funny sometimes...ahhh what a gooood time =D Chase and I jumped off the dock, and yAy I am really improving with my diving :) We also played around on/off the tube, and gosh is it hard to pull yourself back up there all by yourself! xD Once we left the lake, the day wasn't over just yet I am happy to say. My dad let us stop for ice cream, hahaaaaa...yeah I am laughing because I didn't feel like any, and I knew if I got anything I can't seem to want to finish it (maybe reason why I am too skinny? :P ) so my dad gets me stuff anyways, so it was this ah-dorkabLe baby mini ice cream cone and I love and miss it oh so much, I kinda didn't wanna eat it because it looked pretty cute! You all should have seen it! Smallest ice cream cone I have ever had, or saw, that's for sure! :P So that was pretty much the end to a wonderful day. I truly hope Stephen and Chase enjoyed themselves as well. I know I had a real good time, therefore I was sad to see it over. (;

Once again this summer we are going through another heat wave, with temps feeling like over 100 if not in the 100s! It's awesome since how often does it reach 100 degrees where we live? Once in a blue moon, not like this is Nevada :P Haha, but no I can handle it perfectly well for 3 days max, but if it was every day or a week, even month I'd complain. I won't now though, because when it's cold winter with falling snow as I walk to the bus stop with this horrible wintry wind slapping my cheeks, I'll wish it was this warm again. I have to say summer '06 is turning out pretty swell. Which only means I'll miss it more once it's over =/ School is just around the corner y'know..and I remembered that again when I got an award in the mail for 9th grade Social Studies (haha YAY mr fedorch!! aw.) from an award ceremony I missed the last days of school I didn't attend to..it was nice to get a big envelope though.

I did get to go swimming these hot days, so I am thankful for that. I have been busy and not home everyday it seems..tomorrow might just join that. I'll be out library returnin' and checkin', then spending the rest of the day with my best friend swimming and such. I am glad I got time to sit down tonight and write this up though. ^^ Usually I get home from swimming at like 6, and then I have to eat, so by the time I come online I have a half hour if lucky until 8 when I watch my favorite summer show, Big Brother (season 7-All Stars) which is on three days a week, woot! xD If anyone else is a fan of that show and sees this, please don't be shy to say so, because that show just rocks out loud :P My fingers are hurting from typing so much, which is one of those 'Caitlin' habits of writing/typing/over the topping things :) This made me all hot and sweaty too, just thought I'd share that, I bet it's still 87 degrees out :P I'll end by saying 9 days till Ocean City with packing officially beginning. Stay cool and and and a nice 'I hope you feel better' to Mr. Buddy Foote !

Adios. =)

No comments: