Sunday, August 20, 2006

Viewable in All Browsers

I haven't had the motivation to post at this blog in about five days because there was a problem with this blog that would make all people not able to see the blog entries and everything below the counter for about two weeks. And with people not able to see this content and with the amount of daily guests dropping like flies everyday (we only had six on Thursday), I felt that I shouldn't bother writing something up when hardly anybody is going to read it. Not that I'm saying there's a full fanbase of readers at this blog but to say that when people came to this blog using MSIE (Microsoft Internet Explorer) or any other browser besides Firefox, which worked fine, that they'd see hardly anything worthy and nothing at all to have a reason to stay and therefore think that this site was a load of crap. So today while I was sitting around at my sister's apartment on my laptop Runescape-less (I dare not play Runescape on the unknown wireless connection I get there ever since I was hacked the day after logging into Runescape there) and was thinking and became troubled about this problem. In the past when Dante first told me he couldn't view the entries in my blog, I just told him to download Firefox -- problem solved, but then another complaint or two came in that people with browsers other than Firefox couldn't view the blog. Then the high amount of daily page visitors started to fall, going from 40-60 to 10-30. I still let this pass thinking the browsers were having some problem recongizing some coding. But today, I linked the problem to the shoutbox.

I had another blog back in the fourth quarter of 2005, The Runescapers. It quickly failed as I didn't see the point of posting in two different blogs when I didn't put enough quality into one blog, the same theory on why I don't understand the fact that people have more than one Runescape account. As of this day I use that blog to test coding, templetes, or to post anything personally to people who don't have e-mail or IM. I have recently copied and pasted this templete to that blog to try and do some tests on why the page wasn't loading past the shoutbox. Today I used that blog. Seeing that the page wouldn't load past the shoutbox and that the navigation area on the left of this page was written in HTML before this section of blog entries in the templete editor, I knew that the shoutbox off the bat was the problem. Therefore at this, I just took the shoutbox out. Then I loaded up Swift Browser (I don't have MSIE installed on my laptop because I got rid of it a long time ago) because it's very similar to MSIE and loaded up The Runescapers. Success! -- the page could load properly and be fully viewed. I loved the shoutbox too much to just throw it away so I invisestigated the coding for the shoutbox. I loaded up the admin panel and took a look. I forgot the tag to close the shoutbox script at the end of the shoutbox. I added it, and everything worked in Swift Browser. Problem solved, a very, very big problem.

Now that I think about it, this problem happened as soon as Caitlin posted the new blog layout on the night of the blog's birthday. I remember staying over Craig's that night because he just took me to Dorney Park the day before and I loaded up Swift Browser quickly while playing Runescape at his house to check the layout and it only went down to the shoutbox. So for almost a whole month now this problem had been occuring, over a simple end tag.

In about three to four days, I'm going to go to f2p in Runescape to hang out on World 3. If you'd like to come and hang out with me, please feel free to do so. I'm keeping my private chat on for the next five days and during that visit so contact me whenever you'd like to. Also if you contact me before then, send me a special request to either take my new dragon two-handed sword or my obby shield and whip to f2p. I'll most likely ignore you though if you beg me for anything, ask for money, or be a downright bastard. I'll help you by giving advice, but otherwise that's the most I can do. Also say that you found out about me through this blog and you'll automatically make it to my friend list. If you're a member or free-to-player, come hang out with me; otherwise I'll be lonely.

And by the way, here's a picture of me with my dragon 2h, taken today.



I would probably do that Runescape event sooner, but my father is taking my friends Corey and Craig to Camel Beach on either Tuesday or Wednesday. Also as a note, I'll be taking pictures or even maybe shoot video during my little visit to f2p for the blog because Dante was complaining I don't have that many Runescape pictures, and I wish to meet everybody's wants. I know I'm nobody special on Runescape and it may seem like I'm making a big deal about this little f2p visit, but I just want to get with any Runescape players who contacted me or know me through this blog and go hang out during the day. Who knows, maybe Caitlin will show up.

And while I'm at it, I feel like commenting on a search keyword before I go and hang up my coat for the day.

"runescape random events gravedigger i lost my zombie stuff will i get it back"

If you lose your zombie items by dropping them or dying losing them that way, then there's no way to get them back other than getting the grave digger random event again and hoping you get the items you lost, which you should if you have the two emotes already -- Zombie Dance and Walk. There's nobody you can talk to if you lost these items. Just bury bones and hope you get the random.

Well, that's it for today. Have a good one.

No comments: