Friday, August 11, 2006

No Internet

It's official. I, Caitlin, cannot live without the internet. :P I haven't been online in 4 days straight, eh it was torture, haha. Everything was fine until Tuesday morning when I woke up to sign online &then poof, 'No connection could be made.' =( So..since we have dial-up (which I don't like and has been causing me problems for years), I picked up the second telephone line for the internet and it was making this loud crackle sound. That's happened before but not that distinct of a crackle, so I was like 'Alright, I can go a day without being online..' but the next day, and the next, and the next it continued. Finally progress was made Thursday night and the telephone company was called and they said they will come and fix the problem, which is theirs, between 9-4 today, Friday. It's currently 9:06AM on Friday and I am offline writing this in the program Notepad while I wait with my fingers crossed that I will return to the world wide web today to post this. :P Haha..so..since I had no internet and nothing to do at times the past few days, I tried to keep myself busy which didn't exactly work. This would have been fine if it happened when I had a lot of things to do..but I really wished to be online most of the time. Ow..my finger is bleeding again now. Just 5 minutes ago I sliced my finger on a can of dog food in case you were wondering xP

So..back to my internet hiatus. :P Haha..hm I played a computer game I have called 'Theme Hospital' during these past few days, and it got me so aggrevated I announced I won't ever play that game again, yet I do and did. xD It's a game where you create and run your own hospital..like you hire the staff, and build the diagnosis and treatment rooms, etc. It's fun, but the goal is to beat each level and move up to a new hospital with new elements, equipment, diseases etc. I can only make it to level 4 and then I don't know, it just won't let me win. Everything goes crazy in that level on me, all the patients have vomitting virus attacks and my handymen are slow and even if I set them so they only can mop floors, I find them watering plants?!? Plus, I don't know why this goes on, but as more patients arrive, they must check in at the Receptionist desk first, but I watch this, and more people arrive and have to sit and wait in the queue (sp?) line till theres like 20+ people waiting and I don't understand what the Receptionist is doing that she lets people pile up like this until they get stuck in my doorways. It drives me craaazy, and it's a bad thing because the patients can't sit and wait forever. After a certain time a skeleton slowly starts appearing on top their heads which means they are so sick that this better get moving so they can be treated before they die. And they do die, it's interesting too. They collapse over and either a devil looking thing appears with a weapon and a hole forms in the ground of lava firey looking-ness and the person falls in, OR they float up to the sky with wings. I am sure its pretty obvious what the two represent haha, but I find that interesting, yet it makes me mad because the more people I lose to death, my reputation goes down helping me fail the level. Anyways, it gets on my nerves that I can't beat that level, I try and try over and over but no luck. =/ I'd so so so much rather be online playing Runescape over that game. Haha grr I am determined not to play that game until the next internet breakdown in my house, haha.

When I wasn't playing that hospital game, I was outside reading my last summer book for school, The Pearl, which I finished at 7 this morning. Yes I was up at 6AM for no reason except that I was. I decided I don't have a favorite out of the three books, I liked them all equally. They were no where near being a favorite of mine, but not terrible either, just inbetween. I also spent time outside on my bike, playing Pokemon Silver (hahahaha..yep.) or went walking down to my stream sometimes. One point I'd lie in the hammock or something, and think what I must be missing in the online world. The internet has just become a big part of my life I guess (although with all sarcasm put aside, I CAN live without it..I would just rather not okay? =), so I am used to going on it often and checking out what I check and talking to whom I talk too. :P I was wondering what e-mail I had, which affies & visitors tagged my website, if Buddy Foote had written any entires while Chase and I weren't on for a few days, if Steve was feeling better, if my friend Ashley decided what day to have her party so I could come to it after my vacation, if my friend Abby wondered where the fig was at, if my guild members decided to leave rather than stick around for me to return after August 20th, hmm and even if any new neopet avatars came out. That's all I can think of now..

I also miss Runescape, a lot. The last time I was online was Monday night when I was left at this new area I completely forget everything about by now. I was excited to go on the next day and play, but obviously I never did. I had been playing Runescape again finally. Now it's blurry in my mind what I accomplished to tell you about. Well I know my combat, fishing, cooking, and prayer levels went up more than once but no way do I remember what the current numbers are now. Steve came down to my free world one night, and that's always a lot of fun =) I did some fishing and then cooked my fish on his fires. Later he took me to some cows that were closer to a bank, but I think I forget how to get there now but I'll definately have to go back again [; I also was collecting chicken feathers! At first I had a feeling it would be a long, tedious task, but I will admit feeling reluctant to leave that spot when Steve wanted to take me elsewhere, since I had fun collecting those feathers. :P It didn't take me very long to reach 1,000 but I liked that spot (: I ended up by a fishing spot, and I had bought a new fly fishing rod I think..and I guess the feathers are for that? Anyways I never got to go on the next day and try fishing or anything so I forget some now =/

Normally I would say next, 'After I post this entry I should get to play Runescape finally!' Although that wouldn't be true. If the phone people show up (I hope before 4pm), then I'll be jumping like a frog to sign online, post this, update my site, send out the affie gift &vacation notice, check mail, and hopefully chat with Abby, Stephen and maybe Ashley (not neccessarily in that order) because I am leaving tomorrow! :P Yes yes yessss! Tomorrow is Saturday, August 12th, and I'm leaving early in the morning for Ocean City =) This means I'll be on vacation at my favorite beach resort for a week. (: I will be coming home the 19th..but may not get to come online until the next day. Anyways I am very excited! The reason I wouldn't be able to play Runescape is because I have to help pack up the car, go to the library, get ice for the kooler, and jump up and down. To let you all know, not just me, but Chase as well will be gone with me so neither of us can post any entries until we come back. That shouldn't be a problem though, Steve's entries are more interesting I'm sure ;) I am bringing a small journal and pen in my bag though, so in free time (hopefully each night) I can sit out on the balcony and write a paragraph about that day so I can type it all up and have a vacation entry when I return :)

Wooo. This is a large entry. Well I keep on sitting here, typing, packing, then returning to type some more so this entry filled up fast, haha. I guess this is it then. I hope everyone has a wonderful summery week and you will hear from me (and Chase) soon. -waves- Adios<3

No comments: