Sunday, August 20, 2006

Ocean City Vacation

Hello everyone! I'm back, safe and sound, happy and relaxed, from vacationing at the beach ;D It's nice to be back, but I feel I missed out on things for some reason. It's strange being in another state, I feel so far away, and by the end of the week I was so used to that new routine of living somewhere else that once having returned back home I didn't know what I should do, haha. Anyways I was able to write every so often about the trip. Although my whole 'paragraph a day' idea never happened. I wrote every other day or so a page or more, lawlz. I'd like to share some of it with you all now. :)

Ocean City Maryland<3
--August 12th, 2006 - Saturday--

We have arrived safely! I had to wake up at 4:30AM, so we hit the road around 5 I assume. It had to be the nicest ride thus far. Seriously, in previous summers, we usually got stuck in so much traffic, but wow! It was a lot better, and perfect timing was made. I really love long car rides (this one was 5-6hrs), and I enjoyed listening to my iPod or whatever looking out the windows. I feel real lucky&thankful to be here because it's so pretty, popular, and exciting ^^ We are staying at the same condominium as two years ago, and it's a cute lil' beachy room. After some unpacking and eating, we actually got to go right to the beach for a bit! I was soo happy. Whenever I see&smell the ocean, waves, sand, and even all the people everywhere I get overexcited. The ocean is gorgeous! I went right in the water to get used to it. Wow, the waves are so much fun because you never know what to expect. Even before the water, I ran and collapsed in the warm sand just like a little kid since it simply makes me smile<3 =) Later I jumped in the pool here at the place, then went out to the store down the block. I left my wet hair down, and for those who don't know I have curly red hair (except it's not really red..maybe copperish) and everyone kept glancing at me! Haha, I'm serious. My hair has always attracted looks and compliments since it started growing. The people at the checkout counter even said stuff and started talking to me about it. I'm flattered with all the attention, especially when I go places that aren't everyday =) Now I am pretty tired (hmm..it's 8:47PM) so that's all for today.

--August 15th, 2006 - Tuesday--

Well, I have found very little time to sit and write since we arrived. So much for a small paragraph each day xD Sunday wasn't the hottest day, so after a short time swimming we got ready to go out. Around 1PM we first went on the bus to stop by this restuarant 'English's'. I think the bus is cool, it's an Ocean City bus so vacationers don't have to drive on the packed "Coastal Highway" while here. It is 2 dollars a ticket, and once you have a ticket it is good all day, so you can get on and off all day/night. Our condo is on 140th street, and we usually take the bus to go down to 27th street which is where the boardwalk begins. It is fun to look out the windows at all the places, plus the bus gets crowded. Sometimes people have to stand and hold onto the bars. I almost fell when I had to stand this one tinme two summers' ago. Anyways we went to the boardwalk Sunday night too. It is very exciting! We walked the whole thing (27 blocks!) I enjoy seeing the ocean, shops, and rides. We went down to the pier which seems most crowded. I went in the arcade, and then had to get a look at this new ride. It's a slingshot. Two sit in this thing, and then they get shot up in the air, and fall back upside down. There is a video camera attached so I went over to see their faces on this TV screen. It looked awesome but scary :P

Today and Monday I pretty much spent my time swimming. The ocean is great, and since I don't see it often I try to spend most my time there. It's a bit chilly at first, but once I get used to that ocean water it's fine. It has been quite windy, therefore the waves were extra choppy. I got slammed hard yesterday. I was using my boogie/body board, but I guess the wave was too strong. It turned white right on my head, and next I knew my board was loose. Apparently it slammed my head into the sand underwater because I fell off and all this gross tasting salty seawater went in my nose and mouth and burns my throat. I bumped my mouth too, and my braces cut my inner lip. Not my best moment :P I love jumping around in the waves, diving through them, floating, etc. It can be so rough though!

I'm enjoying this vacation (: I love being at the beach, but I don't think I could live real close to one. Then I doubt it would be as exciting. xP I won't write much more today. I get so tired at night now after long outgoing days :P I eat twice as much too, but heh, who ever said gaining a lil' weight would be bad for meh? [; <33

--August 17th, 2006 - Thursday--

I couldn't find time to write yesterday, but I think I have enough time this morning to. :) Yesterday was yet again another beautiful day. I went for a long walk on the beach last morning. It was real nice, plus the waves were calmer forming what I call the 'island' haha xD I picked up some seashells I liked for my friends. Then I pretty much stayed in the water all afternoon since it was so nice! I was told I'm improving with swimming in those waves, haha, well it gets difficult xP I actually didn't want to leave the water, but I had to get ready, changed, and showered to go to the boardwalk another time ;-) It's fun to get all dressed up. I got to take the bus again! That's exciting too. It was packed with different people, even 3 honeymooning couples which was cute ^_^ I got to look in the shops I wanted this time, and taste some 'Polish Water Ice' or something. I like the blue raspberry flavor of course [; Then I went back by the rides. I used to go on them, but I didn't this time. I loved watching the people on the rollercoaster, and a ride called 'Freak Out' which so freaked me out, haha :P Later I went to the railing over by the inlet around 9:30PM. I looked out over the water, and saw over a thousand seagulls landing there. It was neat, and pretty with one star in the sky so I wished upon it :) Afterwards, we stopped at the market (where I froze to death from air conditioning and had to take a beach towel from their shelf and wrap it around my ice cold arms until we left because I thought I would get frostbite) :P :P I didn't get back until after 11PM :o PeeWee was coming on, and I heard it on so I wanted to watch it but uh..didn't lol :P I have to get in my bathing suit now to go to the beach :) I can't believe the week is coming to an end soon...

--August 18th, 2006 - Friday--

Time flies when you're having fun in the sun! I can't believe we are heading home tomorrow. The car is about packed as we have to leave by 10AM in the morning. I had fun, and will miss the beach. Today I made sure I stayed in the ocean the whole time with my brother. The waves were so fun. I really liked using my board, and went flying back to that shore =) I saw dolphins jumping again too!

The weather this week couldn't have been nicer, and I'm real thankful for that [; I'm ready to go home now though. School is just over a week away, and I miss my dog too. Plus y'know what I told my brother I couldn't wait to get home and play? Runescape! ^^ I guess that's all I have time to say. Adios<33

-------------------------------------------

That concludes the journal I kept while on vacation. I was chatting with Buddy Foote in GoogleTalk and he decided to list all the negative experiences he had during his one and only trip to the beach to compare with mine. He should go again someday, and see if he has a better time. I bet he would love Ocean City. Who doesn't? :P There weren't many negatives about my trip..except a few I will list here. Hmm..the hot water in the kitchen sink at the condo had a foul odor, the suntan lotion mixed with salt water started burning my cheeks, sometimes the ocean water was a bit too chilly, sand is still stuck in my hair a tiny bit, my boogie board strap broke (yet I found another to use), I thought I was having a fever and earache in the middle of one night, my brother was just..no comment, I missed Big Brother Sunday night, had gross kisses blown in my ear while walking by some old guy playing an instrument, being too shy to make conversation with strangers, and still not completeing this Sudoko puzzle. None of those aren't too bad though, haha. Now for Steve's list:

"I was buried in the sand up to my neck and I hate being in tight spaces so I paniced, screaming cusses and causing people to run over asking if I needed a shovel; my cousin John and I walked to a fishing pier about three miles from the house in water shoes (they cause your feet to be sore after time) and back, seeing a guy catch a baby shark, and then almost passing out from heat stroke on the way back; being pushed around by others to do things; John and my cousin Ryan, who is lucky to be living after a accident that crushed his car, almost drowned in the bay kyacking when they went oo far to where the bay meets the ocean, tipping over, and then a guy on a boat with his dog who my aunt calls Jesus (we saw the same guy go by when we were at the bay before this happened) came and saved them; being yelled at by my aunt because she thought I was following her around when I was just going into my mother's bedroom to grab something for her; having to watch MTV2, Fusion, and whatever else John watches on TV (I'd rather watch Discovery channel or something); being made to do things John wanted to do which I didn't want to (he wanted me to go kyacking that time he almost drowned, but luckily I said no or otherwise I may be dead right now); getting sucked underwater on my boogie board for a small amount of time, panicing; the ride to and from North Carolina, being in a van of two kids of my younger cousin's friends who threw hoagies at me, threw spitballs out of the window, and various other things, getting on my nerves and making me miserable, and, um, that's about it."

No more can I write. My fingers will cease to exist. :P I hope everything else was fine here while I was away. The end. Goodnight. Adios. Au Revoir. <3

No comments: