Saturday, January 06, 2007

65 Slayer

Being that I'm very unoriginal when it comes to titles for my blog entries, I'm going to simply title this entry based off of my most recent Runescape achievement. And yes, that achievement would indeed be that I have obtained the level of 65 slayer. During August or October of 2005, I have posted some goals that I wanted to work on and achieve. The first step of my goal was to obtain level 50 in herblore and farming. I did both of those. Second step of the goal was a bigger one -- obtain 76 fishing, 80 cooking, 65 slayer, and 100 combat. I have achieved all of those besides getting 100 combat, which I'm only three levels away from, currently being combat level 97. And those two steps were the only things in my goal that I had down on paper so that means that I'll be finished with my current goal after getting 100 combat. A long run is finally coming to an end but a new goal will be established. I have yet to work out what I want to work on, but I know that it'll involve hunter, firemaking, fletching, woodcutting, thieving, and agility. I also really want to work on mining and smelting. There's so much that I want to do that I couldn't because of my strict following of my goal that I may just have everything free-for-all for a while until I run down on desires to do certain skills, and then I'll create a goal to force myself to work on something. But for now, I'll be hanging out in World 99 at the giant spiders down on the third level of the Security Stronghold afking to get close to 100 combat, and then I'm going to go work on prayer -- possibly on baby blue dragons or hill giants.

Getting to 65 slayer was not an easy task. I'm not big on combat and I'd rather go train other skills such as woodcutting or fishing. Hell, I'm so eager to go burn logs that it's not even funny. Every time I see somebody burning some logs while I'm walking on the road to get to a slayer master or monster, I'd want to stop and ask them for a tinderbox and log for a second, and then hand the tinderbox back and 5k gold for wasting their time. Even though many find firemaking to be a worthless skill, I am in love with it. But I went a little off-topic from my discussion on getting to 65 slayer. I started on my road to 65 slayer from around 54 or 55 slayer and stuck with the skill since, only taking the occasional break to hang out in f2p, make arrows, or fish sharks for food. I had fought more lesser and greater demons, fire giants, bloodvelds, and jellies than I ever had before in my Runescape career, and what a hassle each one would be. I used to range fire giants and bloodvelds and went through probably over 5k steel arrows on each, but then I found it annoying to keep on making arrows so I would just take a full inventory of sharks (well, not totally full) and go melee them. And almost every time I went to skip a hard slayer task by going to the Burthope slayer master, I would get frecking Banshees! I would then use my ectophial, walk all the way to the Slayer Tower, and trek through that to get to the banshees on the first floor. But in the end, I feel like I accomplished one of the biggest events in my Runescape career by getting 65 slayer. Am I going to go to dust devils? Maybe when I'm on my road to 85 slayer...

As most Runescape players already know that were big fans of SwitchSwitch, Jagex turned the tables and said, "Okay, these third party softwares are not legal unless they get rid of their best features" out of nowhere! Now this pissed me off because SwiftSwitch was not only the best way to view other websites while doing skills in Runescape that you could afk during, but it had the greatest feature that kept the "Picture of the Day" blog special alive on this blog. I used to love taking pictures of Runescape by simply pressing F12 and then going back to upload the image to Imageshack later on, and I'm no person to use the long Print Screen method that would greatly interrupt gameplay if I wanted multiple pictures. The other features that many people are complaining about losing, such as the auto-retry for getting into busy worlds and the IRC chat, don't really matter to me as I rarely used them. Oh yes, another big feature was the user lookup that I loved to use, and the server status window for getting into busy worlds the un-lazy way. I have found a good if not better solution to SwiftSwitch and this is AOL. Yes, I know -- AOL stinks. I hate it, but it's the best software I have on this computer that's legal and allows me to easily look at websites while playing Runescape, which is probably the one thing that keeps me going in Runescape. Well, at least AOL runs better on my laptop than SwiftSwitch.

Well, I'm going to quickly post the daily blog specials and be finished. I'm eager to go kill some giant spiders. I just want to quickly note two things. For one, #Foote_Chat now has its own MySpace profile located here. #Foote_Chat in terms does equal Buddy Foote's Blog v.2, so if you want to be a friend of the blog/forum on MySpace, send us a request! Or better yet, just join #Foote_Chat and be an active poster. For two, I now have another new daily blog special. It's called "My..." and it involves me just having a picture of something that is mine, and finishing the sentence of what that picture is. It may be stupid or genius to some, but it's something new that I can use to help keep the blog active.

My...



...Algebra 2 homework.

"Comment That Keyword!"

"runescape-how to stop current slayer assignment"

If the assignment is from a slayer master other than the one in Burthope, you may then go to the one in Burthope to get it changed. If the monster is easy, though, and you want to stop it, then you cannot and you must finish the task to get another and to end it.

Have a good one. My nephew has been here all weekend and my mind has been in pain from the yelling all the time, thus the quality of the blog entry has shrunk. Hopefully tomorrow I can upload my second installment of 'Life of Foote'.

No comments: