Saturday, January 13, 2007

Smash It

The title of this blog entry will tell you the one verb that I want to do to my laptop. Yes, I want to smash the damned thing, throw it out the window, and then run it over! This laptop ran good for me for the first few months after I received it for Christmas '05, and then in the later months of 2006 did it start to slowly decrease in performance, and now recently it just does not want to cooperate with me. For example, I just clicked to chat with Caitlin on Google Talk and it took a good minute for anything to pop up as Google Talk froze on me. And from my experience, Google Talk uses a lot less virtual memory than AIM or MSN does, however I shouldn't speak of MSN because I never ran it on my laptop, and therefore it shouldn't go that slow and freeze like such, but it does. When I first got my laptop and in the following weeks afterwards that never happened, but now it's doing so and pissing the hell out of me. And I always get what I like to call the "white box". Look in the internet browser that you're in right now at the top-left corner of your screen and you'll see a little icon. Maybe the Firefox, AOL, IE, etc. icons will be up there. Well, when my laptop goes crazy, "blows up", and doesn't want to work for me, that icon is replaced by a white box icon, or the icon just disappears altogether. For example, I just right-clicked on the word 'disappears' because I spelled it wrong and it took about ten seconds for the Firefox recommended alternatives in their spell check words to pop up, and yes, I got a white box in the waiting. I always used to get a white box when I used the world switcher for Runescape, SwiftSwitch, and when I was over Craig's house, we would joke about it whenever I went to switch to another world, log into Runescape, or walked to an area of the map where it had to load some more of the map ("Loading -- Please Wait.") because it was nothing threatening unless I got a random event and couldn't respond to it because my computer wasn't showing any of the playing field, but recently when I'm fighting aggressive level 50 giant spiders in the Security Stronghold who can do 7's when I have 28 health left and for no reason whatsoever my internet browser (AOL or Firefox) gets the white box and Runescape won't work for a minute or less, then that's serious! (Wow, that was a long sentence.) I'm afraid someday that my computer is going to kill me on that game. I would never even attempt to get the fire cape on this laptop, or even my desktop, because if one doesn't work for me, the other will result in me having to do a chore in the middle of a wave in the caves because I'm out in the open for the family to pick on me.

I always wanted a laptop so that I could be in my own little private haven in my quiet bedroom, where the family won't bother me as much as they would if I was sitting at the desktop. If the dog is barking to go out and my father, mother, and grandmother are in the room with me or the room next to the computer room, I would have to be the one to get up to hook the dog out. But rather when I'm upstairs, I'm not going to have to hook the dog out if my mother or father is downstairs because why would I have to run down the steps to hook the dog when they're right there, already downstairs? That way I can do what I want without being interrupted, such as typing up this very blog entry or talking to friends without my mother standing over my shoulder, watching the screen, and saying, "What'cha doing?" But recently I'm coming to the desktop more often to do my work or to play Runescape because I cannot do such on my laptop anymore. I swear, I can no longer play Runescape on my laptop. It's just not possible. No matter what internet browser I use, or even if I wanted to use SwiftSwitch or Tiko and break Jagex's rules, nothing of any kind will allow me to play Runescape like it used to play back in the day when my laptop was fresh out of the box. When I was fighting those giant spiders, the screen would freeze while I was in the middle of fighting, and then I would still hear me fighting the spider and then slowly all the hits will start appearing on the screen, and the game can't log me out because I'm in battle so either I would gain back control of the game slowly or I would be standing in Lumbridge with three of my most valuable items. Thankfully, I never died with anything expensive and only ever died twice in Runescape.

And now it's not just the fact that I can no longer play Runescape anymore without cursing my brains out and banging my computer desk in frustration that my laptop causes, but I can't even stream videos off the net or go on certain sites without the page taking a good minute to load. Actually, I can't even stream videos on my desktop either. My internet connection is this household is screwy too, yet it's the best internet we have in this area -- Adam's Cable Internet. I can go over Craig's house and play Runescape better and stream videos extremely fast, and even when I go over my sister's house who doesn't even have internet but rather I get a random very low connection there I can still stream videos fast but Runescape there is a different story. The point is, nothing in this house that involves a wireless internet connection seems to work right. Hence, my first Wii broke and that relied on the internet. Now on my current Wii, the internet was working fine on it but now it won't even connect to the internet and I cannot get system updates or even have access to the forecast and internet channels. My laptop: Just doesn't want to work. I was just typing this and minding my own business when bam, I get a white box and the screen froze for a few seconds. I can't take this anymore. I hope this laptop burns in hell...

I need to start pestering my father for 1 GB of RAM. Seriously, I'm just going to walk down to Best Buy with my laptop, slam the frecking brick on the counter, and demand that they upgrade the virtual memory right then and there with their mind powers.

I'm so pissed now...and I have to go write two papers and do research. I'm not in the mood...

My...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

...Easter Eraser


Have a good one. Don't mind my rants.

No comments: