Monday, January 29, 2007

Too Old?

I was searching the internet the other day on my newly updated laptop (the complaining about the needed RAM actually pulled through when I said that it would be vital for future college purposes) when I stumbled onto Youtube and was watching some random videos. I don't know what made me do it, but I clicked on somebody's user profile on there and was looking at it when I spotted a comment that somebody made. I do not remember it too clearly, but it was something among the lines of "your 31 and still on the internet? get a life!" That comment right then and there made my blood pressure boil and I was furious at the person who left that comment. Why? Because there is no age limit on the internet for freaking crying out loud! My mother is 49 (I think) and she has her own MySpace because it gives her something to do in her spare time. Craig said that he was playing Runescape the other day and this one high leveled player said that they were 40, and were highly honest about it. Now I want to be a computer science teacher, meaning that I'll be going on the internet until I retire. Honestly, just because this 31-year old has a YouTube account doesn't mean that he doesn't have a life! Maybe you're the one being the hypocrite and because you're on the internet for nine hours you assume that everybody else who uses it is on it that long also. My father uses the internet for checking mail, the weather, etc. Does he have a life? Hell yes! He works two to three jobs a day and mostly has to go running errands afterwards. He does in fact have a life and he uses the internet. Wow! Now isn't that surprising? Somebody has a life and uses the internet... Just because most internet sites that you may go on has people on it ranging from 12-17 year old doesn't mean that there's tons of forums and sites with 20-60 year olds. The internet isn't all about fun and games. It's used for essential everyday usage just as checking important e-mails, stocks, weather, getting a cooking recipe, or maybe playing a flash game or two to waste some spare time or to relieve stress. Plus, what's your definition of a life? Can't the internet be a part of your life? What's wrong with that? Can't you get away from reality for once and have a screen filled with pixels as your barrier to the outside world? I sure as hell include the internet as a part of my life, and I do indeed have a life at the same time. My definition of a good life might be different than somebody else's. It's all opinions and most of these ignorant fools are just stamping stereotypical labels on everybody's foreheads that they come across on the street. I could go on forever about this, but I want to go on a different subject for a second.

About an hour ago I was playing Runescape, standing over the duel arena in World 18 alching the 6.2k yew longs I fletched. Somebody asked what sports everybody played and I replied, "I don't play any sports." Well, the first thing somebody said back to me was, "lol lil fatty" Well, I quickly got into a clean argument then. I was trying to explain to the person that just because you don't play sports doesn't mean you're fat, and vice versa. The only reply I got back then was "shut up fatty". Then I try to tell them that I'm 6 feet tall and 149 pounds (which I truthfully am) and they don't reply, probably doubting me because more than half of the Runescape population is filled with liars about real world topics. Then I tell them that my average in school for the second quarter was a 101.6429 (which it truthfully is as we just got report cards today) and then everybody starts calling me a nerd. Then they go on about how they're smart but they just don't study all day and all night...I mean what the hell? Who the hell said that I study every minute of my life with my freaking nose in a book!? I actually hardly study yet I still get my good grades. And when I say hardly I mean less than thirty minutes. A big difference than a few years ago when I would do horrible if I didn't study for a test for more than two hours, but I improved dramatically on remembering things. Then I stated, in the game, that "at least I'm going somewhere in life..." and this guy said "lol? me too". I just ended the discussion there and alched the rest of the 1k yew longbows that I withdrew in silence. There's a big reason why I hardly talk in public chat on Runescape, but that's not the main point here. The point is that people just label way too much online and in the real world. Some guy asked what everybody's age was and out of the six people who were just mocking me on Runescape, I was the oldest. Doesn't that go to show something? Yes, ignorant young brats have big labelers. Now, not all young people are like that. When I was twelve I used to be the most mature in an adult AOL chat room (I think I mentioned that before, a lot). But just for the polls, the majority of Runescape players are stuck-up little brats. Also out of most the people I meet in that game, I'm the only one who types and spells properly. The meaning to all of this? Mankind stinks.

Well, I think I'm going to review a little more for my Spanish test tomorrow and then alch for a little while in Runescape, so I'll leave you with some 'Daily Blog Specials'. By the way, #Foote_Chat has a new layout and I can only now activate user accounts (I was getting sick of the spam bots). If you want to join #Foote_Chat, leave me a comment either here on the blog, in the shoutbox, or in the new upcoming forum on #Foote_Chat created for this reason. You must already be signed up for me to activate you.

"Comment That Keyword!"

"how do you get ores in runescape with out a pickax?"

You can either buy the ores from another player or find somebody who is mining and then dropping their ores to getting mining exp (mostly in areas where there's iron). If you find somebody who is "speed mining", offer to take their ores from them through trade when they're full, rather than having them waste time and drop them all which could take a while. This could save them time, and make you money. Then maybe you'll make enough money to buy your own pickax! But mostly you can't get ores without a pickax, unless you befriend some "speed miner" that happens to always be mining whenever you want ores. It's like the same way of getting logs without an axe or fish without fishing equipment -- it's hard. Buy them, and mostly not too many people drop profitable logs and fish. Hope that helps you.

*Runescape Level of the Day*

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Picture of the Day




Have a good one!

No comments: