Saturday, January 13, 2007

Sweet Sixteen

Hey hey hey. =) I really wish I would have found time to type up a blog entry before Saturday, but unfortunately mid-terms kept me occupied. Thankfully Steve seems to be posting everyday which is great! Well I want to make this entry good and long to talk about whatever has happened this week, like my 16th birthday maybe!! (=

Yes my birthday was Thursday (January 11th) so I am officially a 16-year-old now. Do I feel any different? Not really..I never do, haha. I am a bit sad at the fact I have grown up so fast though. I remember for years when I was 9, 10 or 11 and watching TV I'd hear random stories or let's say there was a show on MTV with 16 year old teens. I always thought how I can't picture myself being SOO old and doing such older kid stuff. In reality, I do like no "big kid stuff" and only a select few things have changed dramatically since I was well, 9. :P I am excited that I am 16 though. It's a nice number. xD I had a great birthday as well! I woke up and went to bed with a smile on my face. I love my birthday because you get to be the center of attention for one day (which for a shy girl like me is more than enough). Everyone wishing you a happy sweet sixteen and hoping you have the best day. It's so sweet. =) I had three midterms on my birthday, which was the only bad part because they stressed me out a bit, but thankfully they all went so well for me..maybe I had a bit of b- day luck eh? (: Since I have been fighting off this horrible cold for what feels like weeks now, I couldn't have any friends sleepover this weekend or volunteer at the library. My mother wants me recover 1000% and so do I. I have never had a birthday party before where I invited a number of different school friends, so this upcoming summer I plan on throwing my first sweet sixteen birthday. I am going to be looking forward to that. =) Despite not getting to do anything with my friends, I had a nice family celebration. There was a cake with my name on it and bunches of adorable gifts. I got this perfect new corduroy tan purse from Aeropostale along with 2 plaid skirts/dresses I am head over heels in love with! Plus a whole container filled with jewelry and hair stuff. I also got a wireless mouse for my laptop and a wireless router connector we have been trying so hard to set up. Gosh, that thing is mighty confusing and it makes me sad because I want so bad to set up my laptop in my other house in the little back room I claim as my homework hall. :PMy friend Abby made this collage with pictures of her and I over the years from the many good times we have had. It made me miss those memories! Heather got me some winter clothes, a best friend picture frame, and bottlecap magnets for my locker. (: I know my friends were pretty upset they couldn't come over, but we'll make it up somehow I am sure. Overall, my 16th birthday was special just the way I hoped it would be, hehe. I am thankful for that. =)

I am happy we have a long weekend with Monday off this weekend. I have two essays to write though, so I can't completely do nothing, haha. I noticed that I have been keeping an eye on the weather lately, particularly the 7-day outlook. Everytime I see it, my heart sinks a little when there isn't a flake of snow in the forecast. This has been my first birthday without any snow in sight or on the ground. I was born in a blizzard (at 11:20a.m. if you were wondering) and I really wish we had some snow.. It's winter after all! I always say one of my favorite things with living in this state is that we get to experience the four seasons. That always made me so happy, haha. But this year...it's so abnormal. I love summer, don't get me wrong, but I need my taste of winter at the same time to keep me satisfied. I hope we get some big snow soon before March. I am just hoping this weather pattern doesn't mean I'll be sobbing come July in my bathing suit watching 10 feet of snow plop in my driveway. xD

I haven't played Runescape all that recently even though I wanted too. Maybe I will get the chance to do so tomorrow or Monday. Therefore right after this entry I am going to continue making this plaid background for the new Foote Chat Myspace Steve and I made. Interested in taking a look? Want to be our friend? Click here!

For my daily blog special I found some neat birthday facts about what my birthday says about me and little facts I pieced together from random birthday surveys and calculators. Hehe, plus a funny quote by Buddy Foote during our conversation. I may be throwing something funny he (or Abby) says in from time to time to make them famoys y'know? (;

Radically Random...

I was born on January 11th, 1991...
"You were born on a Friday under the astrological sign Capricorn. Your Life path number is 5."
andd...My birthstone is Garnet, birth tree is the Fir!=)

Your Birthdate: January 11
Spiritual and thoughtful, you tend to take a step back from the world. You're very sensitive to what's going on around you, yet you remain calm.Although you are brilliant, it may take you a while to find your niche.Your creativity is supreme, but it sometimes makes it hard for you to get things done.
Your strength: Your inner peace
Your weakness: You get stuck in the clouds
Your power color: Emerald
Your power symbol: Leaf
Your power month: November

(Thanks to blogthings!)


...and now a random chunk of thought from Buddy Foote's mind:
" I slept until 11 and my father was knocking on my head to wake me up to go see eagles but I didn't go"
Ow, your head eh? :P Too bad, I bet those eagles were cool too.. =)
For some reason that seemed a whole lot funnier at the time. Haha, yep, have a good day my friends!

No comments: