Monday, July 09, 2007

Downtime

What luck! x.O It's kind of unfortunate but at the same time expected, haha. Every summer it seems I have internet problems. I thought maybe it was understandable since we used to have dial-up back then and such. Well, I misled myself in thinking that getting spiffy high-speed internet would mean fast loading pages, no more buffering for music and videos, and no more breakdowns where I'd have to wait and wait for days to go back online. :P The first two dreams came true, and it's been the best ever since! :D The only thing now is that our internet has been 'broken' for a week, maybe more [depending on how many more days are going to have to go by before I post this]. The last time I was online, like really able to use the internet, was Sunday July 1st. It's Saturday the 7th now. :( I miss the web, haha. A guy was supposed to come out Thursday to give us a new modem or something, but when our internet magically came back early that morning we cancelled that appointment. Well, the internet only lasted about an hour that morning [before I was even up, ha] and then my brother claimed he 'fixed' it later that day and I went on for about a half hour. I really thought it was fixed so proceeded to do whatever it is I like to do online, I think I commented a blog here too in one of my minutes when it came back. Then it went away again and there has been no internet since. So I really haven't been online for a week. Since it's Saturday I guess no appointment for a guy to come back out can be made until Monday. I hope I have internet by Tuesday then... =( See well the day after my last blog entry, no, maybe even later that night, our internet just failed. I don't even know what's wrong. The stuff is on, nobody touched anything, it even goes as far as saying we are connected but nothing can be displayed, like nothing loads or works [etc].
I am familiar with this problem, in fact, it's becoming my friend, haha. :P I always thought it was weird how the past few weeks when I'd be mid-conversation or something and everything would log off and my webpage would stall, it wouldn't make any sense. Then sometimes in as soon as five minutes everything would be fine. Whyyy oh whyyy. Does anybody else even have problems? I have never gone one year without a problem..really. Haha, I kind of think it's just funny and usually turn it into some sarcastic story of how it bugs me, but really, I never heard any of my friends saying "oops my internet just died." :P But mine does consistently!? Does everyone else have some way of taking care of their modems and routers and stuff [like a weekly dusting or something? hahahah] that my family is completely unaware of?? xD

Throughout the week I'd sometimes do some offline stuff on my laptop, and other activities have kept me busy throughout the week so I didn't miss the internet more and more. :P For example, I've been playing old school Roller Coaster Tycoon on my desktop computer and my favorite summer TV show started Thursday; Big Brother! Earlier in the week I doodled like a fool in paint&psp8 when I wasn't writing this blog entry here in this OFFline notepad. xP For my daily blog special I will share these cute iPods I drew. :]

This break from the internet isn't really bothering me much, not yet anyway. I had just finished my re-opening of Starry Bliss like I said last entry, so I didn't have any unfinished projects left hanging that would have bothered me because I would have wanted to go on real bad to finish and stuff. :P Maybe this is working out good. I had spent a lot of time last week on the computer, and this is like my break from having finished it all, but I feel my break has been long enough and I yearn to go back online. :P I just like to come online everyday to read my emails, reply to tag messages my friends leave me, read the new entry at this blog, stay updated with comments and more. Then if I go a few days without keeping myself updated with stuff like this I come online after days and my inbox is full, I have a whole bunch of tags and comments, the blog has like three entries and Steve added something new and yeah, you get the idea xD So then I have to be caught up. :P I like to stay on top of things I guess. Hmm..so now I can only sit here offline and wonder what's going on. :]

Tuesday I was more than happy to invite my friend Heather to stay over my house for the day since I just wanted something fun and new to do. Plus it kept me busy from being by myself around here with no computer. ;P She came over early though, at ten in the morning. Mhm. That was so hard for me to wake up for. The past few days I have been sleeping until 11 or 12, today no exception. :P We went for an hour and a half long walk down my road and up a few other dirt roads that I was never down before. We found a farm I hadn't known of, and just some woods, hah, but it was fun anyway. I love long walks, but poor Heather seemed pretty exhausted. :P We made some lunch when we got back, and spent the rest of the afternoon outside with my brother. We just played a whole bunch of games and ran around. The only downside about the entire day was me. :P For some reason I was like really mean and bossy to Chase the whole time, which made no sense but yet there I was, nagging him more than the bugs themselves. :P I think we all had fun though. I plan on having her over again soon when we get the volleyball net up so we can play with more than the clothesline. I love playing volleyball back and forth like that, so we definately want to put up the net soon. I was told she can sleepover too and if our tent is still in good shape, we are going to camp out. Woot. :D

I am a little sad I don't have any exciting Fourth of July plans to write about this year. Last year was fun going to the lake with my friends, and the last four years or so Heather's uncle used to buy a truckfull of fireworks and shoot them off and I'd be invited over, but he didn't this year so we didn't make any 4th plans. :P That's okay, it rained here like all day anyway and I wouldn't want to be out in it y'know? I did eat hot dogs, french fries, and baked beans for dinner though! That's the spirit, right? Haha :D Yummy. I hope everyone else had Happy Fourths. :)

I've been spending a lot of time reading [of course], being outside, and watching TV in the time I'd usually be online. :P I went to the library and got out three more books. I had my summer teen read rate cards to hand in [it's part of a program I do every summer] and got my free Mcdonalds meal coupons and a mood pen when I went to the library Friday. I was surprised I had eight cards. That means I've read eight books in the past four/five weeks. Nine if you count the book I finished reading on the way to the library, haha. :] I read everyday and am enjoying all the books I've been checking out. Since I like reading these I've decided I want to wait until August to start my school required books because once I read those I cut these leisure books out for the month so I can remember my school books somewhat. :P Anyway, after the library on Friday I went shopping :D I am so happy about it too because I got a brand new pair of shoes for school that I really like and think are pretty cute! :D Shoe shopping is becoming my new thing, really, haha, because everytime I go out I like to look at the shoes now. ;P

Saturday night my good friend Mica was throwing her sweet sixteen pool party. :] She turned sixteen last December, but like me, she had her party in the summer. [Us winter babies can't do a whole lot in the snow, lolz.] I have to say, it was super fun. :D The only downside was that a lot of people weren't able to show, which made me feel bad, but I'm glad I was there for Mica. =) Her party was at night, and thankfully it was a warm night and her pool water was warm so we spent most of the time in her pool, or else we were eating, throwing water balloons, or playing the real game of 'pool'. :P I think what I enjoyed most about her party was having the chance to hang out with boys and girls I know of simply from school, but have never really spent time with before. I love swimming as it is, but when I get to go with other kids whom I'd like to know better, I have a blast. I love to play pool games and just stay in the water until I am shivering so bad, haha. I got to play the game 'Chicken' which I always wanted to but there were never enough people when I went swimming with like just my brother or something. I have to say I did really good too, haha, plus I am really easy to hold and keep steady on anyone's shoulders. :] Aw man, it was fun, I want to go again. :P

I went swimming again all day Sunday since it was a warm day. Hopefully I'll get to go again today, but I don't know. I love long afternoons by the pool. Then when I come home I have this hazy sun feeling all throughout me because my eyes were scrunched most of the day, my skin smells like a chlorine sun-tan lotion sandwich, my hair is damp, and my skin is so tan it's beautiful. I love that feeling. :P It is like a summer trademark for me. Priceless!

Wow, this entry is long. So much for what I said last time about shorter entries. Well hey, I have an excuse though, I haven't been able to post this entry for a week now and each day I add more and more to it. It's Monday morning now, and I started this on like Thursday. No, Wednesday of last week. :P But guess what, the cable guy just came today and as of now I should be able to get online and post this whopper of an entry. Oh yum, I feel like I can literally smell take out burgers now if I tried hard enough, haha. -crosses fingers for no more internet downtime- I shall bow at your feet if you read all this. x) Goodbye.

Radically Random...

I want to share my new favorite pixels I drew before this entry in my offline time! xD I made a white and black iPod. :) Aw, they didn't even come out that bad. :]

2 comments:

Jobove - Reus said...

saludos desde Reus Catalunya

hemos visitado su blog

Buddy Foote said...

Sorry to hear that your internet was down for so long. Such would cause me to go crazy. o.0 I did three hours of community service today at the Jermyn Park, so all is good. I'm going back tomorrow.

I felt it funny when you mentioned that you'll come back to the blog and there would be a lot of entries. :P Yea, I was lazy. xD

Jenifer got a car so I'll be nagging at her more often to post. Actually she got my father's old car.

Have a good one.