Monday, July 30, 2007

Too Much Too Soon

First of all I must say sorry for not posting in a while. In short, a lot was going on and my WoW addiction is picking up, so therefore I spent most of my time wandering around with my pet wolf on a video game than doing effective things with my life. Honestly, I don't even think yesterday existed to me. I played WoW all day, watched a movie, and fell asleep. I know, what a fulfilling day, eh? I hate those kind of days. I mean, the summer is pretty much over as at the end of next month we're going back to school, I still have two more books to read, and community service to do, and I spend a very valuable day that I'll be longing for come November doing nothing. Those are the kinds of days where I feel like I have no energy and I am the laziness master, but hey, we all get those days sooner or later. Friday night I was at a camp-out with friends and stayed up for twenty-four hours, so really I do have an excuse for being lazy. I was dead tired. This whole weekend I only slept approximately ten hours. But why am I going on about this when I have a lot of random and pointless topics to discuss! Let's move on . . .

The blog's birthday was six days ago, July 24. Yes, Buddy Foote's Blog v.2 is now two years old. Last year we released a new blog layout on the big day and made a big deal about it, but this year I totally forgot about the birthday until two days afterwards, and even then I still didn't put up any notice of it. We were going to create a new layout for this year but Caitlin and I felt quite sluggish about the topic and did some extreme procrastination. As you can see, we're still procrastinating. Of course, I don't want to rush the layout or it'll be reflected in the layout itself. You'll get a layout sooner or later, but nowhere near the date of the birthday. Maybe September? We're thinking about making the layout simple. Not too many "addons" or the blog may not look too professional. You know when you stumble upon a blog and you see things like a clock or something and you're thinking, "Is this really necessary?" We don't want to have that element of the page where we just throw a lot of extras on and take away from the blog entries. I want to come up with original ideas too for new features and maybe even interactive features. We had the forums (which turned into a disaster), we still have crosswords (take too long to make and I don't even know if people use/enjoy them), and I made the feature 'Ask Teh Foote' (was only used once). So there you have it, every interactive feature the blog had was turned down in its own little way. I still have plans for bringing back the forums, spicing up the crosswords somehow, and altering the Foote asking thingamabob a bit, but naturally you need to have more modern features too. I was thinking of changing "Ask Teh Foote" to "Ask The Author" and then you choose an author from a drop-down menu, type up the question in a text box, and submit it, in which the query is e-mailed to me, and then I notify the author of the question. Just a thought, but I want to get all the authors in on the blog features as well. But anyway, happy birthday BFBv.2 and may many more follow in the coming years.

Speaking of birthdays, my grandmother's 80th birthday party is this Saturday. And it's going to be thrown at her house, where I live. And the house is going to have to be cleaned. Now, I hate cleaning. If you ever saw my bedroom you would be able to tell that. Let's see, I have a telescope in the corner, some sort of cat house with two holes in it and the top has a square piece of wood on it that I use as a table, a tube of former Tootsie Rolls on my desk with cut up pieces of green construction paper inside and a few small round metal objects, a Wal-Mart receipt, some Yu-Gi-Oh poster behind me that you color and it has velvet on it that I got a long, long time ago, a dresser with random tablets and books spread across it and a brown shirt crumbled up, and . . . you get the point. I'm not a clean freak and not organized whatsoever. Which is surprising as people think I'm lying when I say such. At school I'm very organized: My tablets and folders have to match in color for a specific subject and certain papers go on certain sides of the folder and certain materials go in certain divisions of a multiple subject notebook. Even my locker is clean all year round while some students have to spend ten minutes at the end of the year cleaning theirs out. So when people know me at school, they think my room would be spotless and organized and clean but they're wrong. Here's some more stuff: a roll of paper towel, a random red ball lying on the floor, pieces of white paper, a giant 'Banana in Pajamas' banana with no pants (my cousin once took them off and I never found them afterwards) near the telescope, a yellow kickball, some Easter nicknacks, a very old Bible . . . so yes, how did I get onto this subject again?

Ah, yes. The party. Most of the family will be here on Saturday to celebrate the milestone in my grandmother's life. So my mother wants the whole house tided up, including my room. Now here's the problem in this. Is the freaking party going to be in my room? No. So why the hell should I clean it? I'll close the door during the party, only allow Corey and Craig to come in, and everything will be fine. I think some relatives like to snoop around though, so that's why I'll install a security system. Where will I get the money? Who knows, and I doubt I'll do such, but I know as a fact that I'm not cleaning my room. I'll be seventeen in less than three months (and still without a permit) and if I choose to live as a mess, then let it be so. I'll help clean up areas of the house where people will be, but as my room is off limits, it will not be cleaned. I know the lifestyle isn't healthy, but I should hope to evolve out of it by the time I own an apartment or house.

Friday night, as I already mentioned, I went to a camp-out hosted by Tiffany. My memory of the night is a bit fuzzy as I was up for twenty-four hours and the lack of sleep killed me, but I'll try to mention some important events. The people who went were Tiffany (naturally), Cassandra, Sammy, Gabby, Matt, Kyle, Darrin, Corey, Josh, and me. Craig was invited but he didn't go as he was invited in such a short notice. Well, Corey drove me there (he's a good driver -- very safe) and once we arrived, we just stood around waiting for Josh to come with the tent. Darrin must have come earlier to pitch up his tent as it was up already, but Corey, Josh, and me wanted to sleep in our own so that we had room. While waiting, there was this pretty loaded girl there who claimed to be our history teacher for next year. She was younger, maybe 23 or 24, and she was flirting a bit with Corey, asking him to show her his six-pack abs. He said, "If you give me a 105 on my report card for the first quarter I'll show you them," and she agreed. And then Corey did something else to earn himself a 105 on the midterm. Then this "teacher" got him by saying that she was still in college and that this was her last year, so Corey embarrassed himself for no reason. And now I am putting this on the internet to embarass him further. Anyway, Josh soon came with his very large tent and it took the three of us about a half hour just to put it up. It was supposed to rain that night, so we put a tarp under the tent and some waterproof covering on the top. However, a plot twist happens later on and the tent isn't so waterproof then. So we wait around and after ten thirty Kyle, Darrin, and Matt come. And due to my foggy memory, I don't remember much. I know Corey and Kyle fought a lot (Kyle fought physically while Corey fought verbally), we went swimming after midnight (only Matt, Tiff, and me), some wild events went on (Tiff and Sammy abducting Corey, the two tents pulling each others stakes out, some weird events in the trailer like prank phone calls, flying Lego blocks, etc. and well . . . the usual) and then the attempt to fall asleep. It was around five or six in the morning when it started to rain. I was mostly in the tent all night due to the heat lightning outside (I have a bad fear of being outside when it's lightning) and was finally getting tired enough to go to sleep when it struck. The rain came down hard, and at the time it was Matt, Josh, Corey, and me in our tent. We thought we were going to be fine due to the precautions we took about everything being waterproof, but we were wrong. The four of us huddled together under sleeping bags hoping that we wouldn't get struck by lightning (somehow Josh fell asleep during the peak of the storm) and laid there, waiting out the storm. Then I felt it. The ground underneath me felt wet. I thought this was odd as we had a tarp underneath us, but there it was, patches of water forming underneath the floor of the tent coming through. I thought at first that maybe it was water that was leaking from the roof of the tent in this corner where the waterproof covering wasn't covering, but it wasn't. My sleeping bag, pillow, and other items were starting to get wet, and then I really started to worry. We pitched the tent next to a freaking creek. What would happen if it was one of those storms where a large amount of rain falls in a little amount of time. We would have a flash flood on our hands with a creek right outside one of the four doors of the tent, and who was sleeping next to that door? Me. Thankfully the storm stopped five to ten minutes later, and after the damage was done, we flocked up to the trailer where we hung out until we went home around eight in the morning. Stupid me, I left Josh sleeping in the tent probably in a puddle of water, and he came up to the trailer a while afterwards wondering where everybody was and why we ditched him. I just hate to wake people up when their sleeping. We then gathered our stuff together and went home. My stuff was soaked with water, but at least we survived the storm. Honestly, the storm was so intense I thought a tornado was going to form, but thankfully, nobody was injured and it was just an everyday thunderstorm. My father told me later that day that the water came into the tent because we had the tarp outside the tent. What I mean is that besides just the tarp covering the bottom of the tent, parts of the tarp were visible on the outside, thus the rain was able to fall onto it, run down to where the floor of the tent is, and collect under it. In shorter words, we created a rain gutter. So next time we'll play it smart and just lay the tarp so that it's not visible at all. Or play it smarter and not camp-out when it's supposed to rain.

Too much is happening way too soon it seems. Wednesday I was supposed to go to Camel Beach but now my father and I canceled it and we're going fishing instead, I'll have to clean all week while having to do community service and try to level to forty on World of Warcraft (I'm 32 now), my grandmother's party is Saturday, I'm going to Hersey Park on Sunday with Craig and his family, Matt wants to hang out sometime next week, I still have two books to read for school, and before I know it, I'll have to get into my school shopping mood. Why is everything put off to the end of the summer? My goal of getting player moderator status on Runescape never happened (I still log on regularly to chat and report -- mostly to communicate with Botanreaper2). Oh, and my father still wants to get up to the hunting cabin before the summer ends, and I want to see if I can bring three friends and have another camp-out up there (I'm looking to bring Craig, Corey, and Josh). So yes, too much too soon. Oh, and another thing, Caitlin's party is in August before school. Wow, they keep on stacking up, eh? Don't worry, I have time on my hands for everything. It's not like I have a job like Mr. I-stand-at-a-cash-register-all-day man (you may know who I'm referring to but I won't state it).

Just to say what I'm doing in WoW lately: I'm currently level 32 and I think halfway to 33. I'm trying to make money for my mount at the moment, picking herbs in the Wetlands and other areas, like Duskwood. I also like to kill beasts from time to time for skinning (which is a decent money maker) but I mostly only gather leather when I have to kill beasts for a quest. I was last questing in Southshore and once I do all the quests there, I'll be out of questing locations. I may try and do some instance runs, but the only instance I ever did was the Deadmines (also known as VanCleef or VC). I just can't wait until I'm level 39 so that Craig and I can do battlegrounds together. I think Craig is level 33 at the moment. Craig is always traveling and winds up in Horde territory quite a bit. I could've been an ass the last time I played and killed a level 24-27 blood elf paladin and a level 21 (?) orc hunter, but I thought I would be nice and spare them. Maybe karma will be kind to me then and some random level 70 won't kill me, but that won't happen.

Here's a few WoW images that I randomly took since I started playing:






And here's two images of an interesting glitch that happened to Craig in which he was stuck on a griffin. The interesting part is that I was the only one to see this event, as Craig was fine on his own screen.



Well, I'm off to play some WoW or eat or do something. I'm starving. Maybe I'll hang on Runescape, you just never know. It turns out that Chase's two Runescape accounts were hacked. We suspect these hackers from school, so I'll target them first. And I plan on making those 'buddyfoote.com' shirts soon, so if you see a tall blonde kid with glasses wearing one, it's me. Don't hurt me . . .

Have a good one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of my friends play WoW; I've never seen it played though. Aww, happy belated one year birthday to your blog! That's always a big milestone, just to know that you've kept it up and active for a year. Eep, I hope you got your room cleaned by Monday. Mine used to be crazy messy, but I cleaned it about a week ago and rearranged it. Then I vowed that I wouldn't let it get dirty again.

Chase said...

I am a not a clean freak, but I have all my stuff clean and organized. Maybe a little anal though. And the same goes for my locker too, I never clean it, it is always clean as it is.