Friday, July 20, 2007

Title Shmitle

About three different topics to talk about in this blog have been floating around in my mind the past few days, and of course, me having the hardest time making decisions ever, cannot choose which to stick with for this particular entry. Therefore I will probably jump all over the place to talk about each and every one. :P

For some reason I feel cranky right now, most likely due to my increasing hunger as I wait patiently for dinner. I have no other reason to be, but it seems every so often I have these days. :P Anyways, that isn't even important, haha, but it isn't helping that I have the largest pimple I have ever had smack on my forehead! xD

KittensYesterday I went over to my darling friend Heather's! We had a "grand ole time." :P Luckily, the rain held off the entire time I was there, so we were able to play around outside a good bit. We headed up to the barn where I was overly anxious to see these two new baby kittens! And boy were they not the cutest things ever!? Ah I couldn't stop exclaiming "they are soooooo cute!!" over and over again, haha. :D One was a little smaller than the other, named Tiger, and the other was given the name Smokey. I'm sure just by their names you can somewhat picture what they must have looked like. :P I had a blast playing with them, holding them, and tickling them! :) They followed Heather and I all over, and Tiger really liked to play. We'd swing some rope in front of her face and she'd claw and bite at it. It was so adorable. :]

...and the chicken crossed the road. -bawk-While we were up there, the chickens needed some water, as always, so Heather went in and gave them some as I threw some food to distract them. It was then Heather noticed what appeared to be a dead chicken laying on the opposite side up against the fence, covered with lively chickens pecking at it. She groaned because apparently a few chickens have been dying recently ever since her uncle cooped them all up as opposed to when they used to just roam all over the place. Heather told me they fight and sort of kill each other, which is a nice thought dont'cha think? :P Anyhow, we went to look at this "dead" chicken but we noticed it's head was moving, it was breathing, and it's eyes still moved so we concluded that it was still alive just paralyzed from the neck down because it was just laying there with it's feet twisted underneath it. Heather and I felt really bad for it, and if it was still alive we wanted there to be hope for it's survival because it was pretty sad. She immediatley moved it out of the other chicken's pecking grasp, and put it into some shade. She tried giving it water and some feed, but it only drank a few sips of water, poor thing. It looked as though it was dying this slow, suffering death right before our eyes and we couldn't do anything about it, which made the situation more upsetting because we both love animals dearly.

Mama Chicken!?!Later on after dinner we came back up to play with the kittens and check on the chicken. I got there first and was shocked to find the spot we last saw the chicken at was empty. No sign of a chicken anywhere. It was really strange and multiple possibilities came to mind such as maybe her uncle came home and killed it, some animal like a fox grabbed it, or I even thought maybe the two little kittens did something, although that all seemed very unlikely. It was on our way walking in the opposite direction of the coop did we find the chicken laying in the grass still in that same helpless position, barely being able to hold it's own head up. I have to admit I was really interested in how in the world that chicken moved so many feet away from it's original resting spot!?? It couldn't stand up, it's backside was completely malled and open-wounded thanks to its pecking relatives, and it was bound to enter death any moment. Therefore how did it get there!? :P Well, we know for a fact nobody was up there after us/before us, so unless an animal picked it up and placed it there gently, the chicken must have rolled itself there! Quite unbelievable I must say. This gave us some hope yet again for it to recover, so we tried to have it drink more, but it only took one tiny sip before it's breathing grew increasingly slower. By that time we went off to play with the kittens and then her uncle and his family came up and Heather explained it to him a little as her cousin Colby showed me the kittens I was already well acquainted with, haha. =)

I've yet to hear what ended up happening with that poor chicken. It's probably dead now, but it was interesting to keep an eye on and such. I always find it exciting to go up to the barn and see all the animals with Heather. :) Afterwards we did some more things outside, like play catch next door in the church parking lot where a dog came after us and people waved like maniacs as though they knew us...but I didn't recognize them, haha. x)

Big BrotherI missed watching my favorite show, Big Brother, because I was so occupied outside and stayed over late. Thankfully, cbs.com shows full episodes of it and I was able to see most of the show this morning. The only downside is that they cut out the commentary, which can be the best part [like the diary room comments and any social interactions like I missed two fights, for example]. That was okay though. I did wish for Daniele to win HOH since she came so close, but I am sure Chase is happy with who did win though. ;P That's Nick over there, haha I only posted him in a humorous notion because he is the cutest guy on the show and his face is pretty to look at it. =) I've been watching Big Brother the past eight seasons, and have this strange obsession with it. It's a fun summer reality show that I really enjoy. I've yet to hear of anyone else that is as into it as I am, except my one friend but she is too busy being online now, so... xD I know it is a popular show though and many people watch it.

The other day I was searching online for friends/people I knew from my past. In my kindergarten and first grade years I went to a completely different school then I do now, and had made a few friends and when I came across an old book with all of my classmates names in it, it brought back a few memories. With their full name I figured I'd search the number one online teenage addiction, myspace. :P It's harder to find a teenager without a myspace then one with one, so I knew I'd come across a lot of old classmates now sixteen years old and engulfed in the online myspace/aim craze. xD The interesting part is that I actually did find a handful of people that I started school with all those years ago. Some pictures showed resemblences, while others I had to assume it was them by matching their location with what would have been my high school's name if I had gone there still today. It was really cool. I kept debating whether I should bother to possibly private message them and say something, but I can guarantee that would creep them out and it's doubtful they remember me as I always tend to remember others.

Old Times, Old Friends, Old Memories...After my searching and seeing new faces on old friends, I couldn't help but ponder later that night what my life would have been like if I had stayed at that school and later went on to the large combined high school with them. I wondered who I'd be calling my "best friend" today, and if it would have still been that girl Kaitlyn who was my first best friend, whom I yes, found the myspace page of. I wondered who my close knit group would have consisted of, and if thir influence would have made me grow up with a different style. The high school football games I'd go to would consist of cheering for the "Hawks" rather than the "Chiefs." It's this little stuff that sort of fascinates me. I also wondered who the "boy" I liked would have been. Back in first grade Kaitlyn and I both liked the same boy a whole lot, and it's cute to think what could have came of that. I had two amazing teachers back then, and I am sure later on I would have had more great ones too. It's weird though, really weird to think huh? Then again, I thought of how even more strange it is for me to picture myself never meeting the close friends I have today, so it's a very "weird" image overall. xD The point of saying this I guess was just that it was nice to see an updated photo of these people my age I last saw when I was six years old. To me for some strange reason, I find it like a piece of my history, a face in my mind that is there and never will be forgotten, whether anybody else ever thinks of it or not. It is neat to me! :)

I suppose I won't write much more, because I'm learning that some new blog visitors don't neccessarily find large entries "fun" to read unless they contain much excitement to hold their attention. Not that this matters much to me because I just like writing it and it's not so much as who reads it anyway, but eh, maybe you know what I mean. :P

Radically Random...
Very cool picture of a plaid yellow lab! I love this for two reasons:
1.) I am obsessed with plaid. =)
2.) I adore yellow labs!! =)
Oh and I just had to add a Coulton lyric to a song I was listening toooo. :)
"Re: Your Brains"
All we want to do is eat your brains
We're not unreasonable,
I mean no one's gonna eat your eyes!

3 comments:

Buddy Foote said...

-continues-

All we wanna do is eat your brains
We're at an impasse here, maybe we should compromise
If you open up the door, we'll all come inside and eat your brains!

Sorry, I had to.

Very nice entry. I would've cried over the chickens, but hey, that's just me, Mr. Passionate-as-all-hell.

Caitlin and Kaitlyn, is that a law firm?

Have a good one.

Chase said...

steve, your comment closer "have a good one" is just awesome.sums it all up and sounds cool

Buddy Foote said...

Did you just comment a comment? Now that's awesome. xD

But I don't just add it at the end of comments, but also at the end of every blog entry since December 2005.

And, um, have a good one.