Saturday, October 01, 2005

Wanting a Membership

For Runescape that is.

I enjoyed playing Runescape quite a bit today. First, I was mining iron south of Falador when everybody kept coming over and stealing my rocks, plus I was mining too slow with my bronze pick ax. So I mined iron until I jumped two levels up to level 31, then went to the Dwarfen Mines to the pick ax shop to see how much an addy was. I saw it was pretty darn cheap, being only 3200 gp. So I traveled back to the west Falador Bank, grabbed the money, and walked back. Turned out there was no more so I had to wait five minutes for the shop to restock. Finally I had an addy pick ax so I was able to fight and mine at the same time. My goal right now is to gain access to the Mining Guild, being it's located right next to a bank.

While fighting the little dwarves, I was talking to Mike who was also on. He was telling me about the great membership he has and how there is almost no one anywhere besides some cities being how widespread the member's region is. I became excited and knew this is the time I should really consider getting a membership. He explained to me how if you were mining a set of rocks, went to the bank, and then came back, that nobody would even be at those rocks. I was amazed to hear that once while he was in Varrock, there was hardly anybody there. Plus he told me how he got to level 65 combat in just one day.

I plan on asking my father for a membership as soon as three hours. I thought I'd go and try to cancel my TSO (The Sims Online) account because I never play that anymore (and didn't since about February) so I was going to throw that out of the window. He's been complaining during the summer how he had to pay ten dollars a month for something I don't play and wanted me to find out how to get rid of it. Turned out it's not even on my computer anymore and I can't access my TSO account from the EA page. I'm figuring he got to it before me. Now, I know as a fact my father is going to say something like "No. I won't get it. Because last time, you promised to pay for The Sims Online and you didn't, I did. Plus you hardly played it that much." I would respond back with "Runescape is only five dollars a month, not a bogus amount like ten. Plus there's no downloading or installing anything. It's all on Jagex's servers. Plus my birthday is in twenty-six days and this would be a nice early present and the only one I want." Hey, it worked for Mike.

As a member, I'd mine my heart out getting XP until I got to a mining level of 60, get access to the Mining Guild, and then mine coal, selling it 100 gp each to the free-to-play players. It'll take a while, but a lot faster with a membership.

If you want to know my Runescape stats, then here you go:




Have a good day and please wish me some luck. I'll need it.

No comments: