Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Animal Farm

Three required summer reading books read (they have been read since the beginning of August) and I must conclude that the best book out of all three is indeed Animal Farm. Before I started studying Animal Farm for the test I have in Advanced English tomorrow, I marked my favorite book out of the three to be Fahrenheit 451. However once I looked over the SparkNotes over the holiday weekend and started to recall more in-depth details of the book, I took the title of "Best Book of the Summer" away from 451 and placed the medal neatly on Animal Farm. Why do I love Animal Farm so much? Without a doubt it's one of the best and most interesting works I have read that holds a very horrible-to-think-about truth about society today and how many corrupt governments in this world run, based on different classes and how one class overrules the other. Also it's just horrible to see how the animals are treated before and after their Revolution, which if you never picked up the book or read it online, you won't have a clue what I'm talking about, but I'll keep on talking anyway. Warning: may contain spoilers. The common class animals, which is symbolic to the working class and laboring of humans, are treated poorly before and after the Revolution, when they overthrew the owner of Manor Farm, Mr. Jones, and his workers out, and I found this quite touching and sad because after the revolution, all the animals thought life was now going to be great, working at their own set pace, producing things that were sold on the market for themselves and their own welfare, and not being held as slaves under the ownership of humans, but they were all wrong. I won't spoil anything from that point on, but maybe you'll want to pick up a copy of this very good novel now. This whole book is supposed to be very parallel to the Russian Revolution that took place in the early twentith century, and can also be traced to many other revolutions in history, such as the American or French ones.

With the Animal Farm test being the first test of the 2006-2007 school year, I hope to God that I do a good job on it. I looked over every section of the SparkNotes online that I could, however looking at different sections spanning over several days over the holiday weekend. I think I have enough knowledge of the book in my brain to apply it on tomorrow's test, or at least I hope. I was looking at the message board on SparkNotes about Animal Farm and was reading all the help threads for people asking questions about writing assignments, essays, and the whatnot concerning different aspects of the book. I am shocked at some of the hard assignments people have received. I'm thankful for just taking a nice, easy two-page test, matching, true-or-false, and multiple choice. This one 9th grader (I'm in 10th grade) received some question that I couldn't even think of where to start answering -- it was just that difficult. I do believe that our school does baby us sometimes and as some of my teachers this year such as my Spanish teacher mentioned, it is a sin that our school and many other schools in America are not preparing us for the real world and most importantly college. Currently I'm actually grateful for that, but when I'm sitting in a college dorm having a nervous breakdown because the material I'm getting that I need to know by tomorrow is bigger than the Empire State Building and the width of the state of Texas combined together, I'll come to realize that high school was too easy, and that my future life is going to be difficult.

I have to go review the characters for Animal Farm again, so without a doubt, let's do the 'daily blog specials' first.

"Comment That Keyword!"

"what drops obby shield and dragon meds"

This is actually pretty sad but I can't answer this question in too much detail, because I don't really know all of the monsters that drop these items. For the obby shields, I believe some of the higher level citizens of The ThZaar drop these, but they won't be an easy match if you're a combat level of 80 or below, so bring food and have run on if you wish to fight these guys. I remember when I was fighting one once after I bought either my first or second whip... I think the first one... and I was actually afraid that I was going to die as the lobsters weren't healing as fast as the bastards were doing damage to me. Those are, however, the only monsters who may drop the shield. As for the dragon meds, you have many monsters who drop these. I'll just name five: King Black Dragon, the Kalphite Queen, otherwordly beings, fire giants, and abyssal demons.

Picture of the Day



Have a good night.

No comments: