Saturday, September 16, 2006

Runescape Community Suggestion Competition

I have stated a while ago in previous posts that I entered the September voting for the Runescape Community suggestion competition that they have every quarter part of the year. I thought that it would be nice to enter the contest after recently redoing my age old "Renting Marketplace Stalls" idea that I wrote back in January of this year. After getting very positive comments in the normal suggestion board about my reconstruction of my suggestion, I thought that it wouldn't do any harm to enter it into the September competition before it was too late to enter. After entering the contest, I would check on the forums everyday to see if the 'judges' picked the top three suggestion to have everybody vote for. And upon checking the forums today, my topic "Renting Marketplace Stalls" was placed neatly in the middle of the other two picked suggestions in the poll. My heart just leapt with joy, and I thought that maybe I'd finally be recongized for something in the Runescape world. Even though I checked the results of the poll so far (getting a null vote because I wouldn't vote for myself) and found out that I'm losing so far with zero votes, I hope that at least people will see the idea in a bigger spotlight and hopefully agree with it.

Here is the link to the topic if you want to read the suggestions and vote for yourself.

Also I find it a great honor to have the 'judges' pick my suggestion out of the large lot that was put in to be sorted out. Thank you. Also I'd like to thank everybody who will vote for me in the competition, and I wish the best to the others who are going against my suggestion. I'm not in this contest to win, but I'm in this contest to spread my idea of a great suggestion that took me hours upon hours to write.

-Now onto a much different subject-

There's many things about my high school that make me mad, but yesterday was a very sad day in the school indeed. During 4th period, the principal's voice came onto the loud speakers announcing that the vice principal's son died that night from leucemia -- his son was four years old. Many of the teachers and other facility members in the school were greatly upset of this fatal turn in the young one's condition, and many of the teachers were drawing some tears and becoming chocked up upon speaking of the incident. We had a moment of silence during the announcement for the vice principal and his family. I feel bad myself about this occurance as Mr. King (our vice principal) is the best high power that we have in this school district, and for something this horrible, cruel, and negative to happen to him is just a sin upon the world. Right after the announcement we were called down to the audotorium for a scheduled assembly where Joe Jackson, a former football player of the Jets and Vikings, was speaking about making the right decesions in your life, and when he was talking about the death of Mr. King's son and how in his years of traveling the country going to different schools to speak that he was never in a situation like this, he was actually crying. It was indeed a sad and depressing day at the Lakeland Jr/Sr High School for all. God bless Mr. King and his family.

Currently I'm sitting around waiting for Corey to pick me up at twelve to take me to Abington Heights for the football game -- the only high school football game in a season that we go to on a Saturday besides a Friday night, unless there was a delay. Why is that? Because even though Abington Heights is a pretty rich school, they don't have any lights at their football stadium. So pretty much Abington Heights is still 'old school'. I can't wait for this game though because it's going to be one of the last good games of the season, until we go to the play-offs. The last very good game was the Lakeland Cheifs vs. the Valley View Cougars -- the first game of the year, that we won in overtime. We're actually expected to lose this game by three points as it stated in the newspaper, so it's going to be a very good and close game, and hopefully we will come out in the end as the winners.

And now for your dose of 'daily blog specials', excluding "Comment That Keyword!"

Picture of the Day




By the way, last night my father purchased a new computer monitor for the desktop computer. It's an LCD 19'' widescreen and flat, compared to my headache making brick monitor that we previously had. Last night I was fooling around, watching videos, playing games, etc. on it to compare the difference to the old screen. Let me tell you, I never saw Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas so good in my life before until I played it on this LCD screen. It's beautiful.

Have a good one.

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

That is so sad to hear about Mr. King's son, it really hurts when things hit close to home like that...especially to a young child... all you can do is keep him and his family in your prayers.