Monday, September 04, 2006

New Kitten

Due to the fact that I'm going to the GDS Fair tomorrow for most of the day and taking Corey with me (taking him is my thanks for him being my free season pass to the high school football season) I figured I might as well type up a small blog entry now at midnight. I just got off of walking around Runescape on f2p worlds chopping oak trees in Draynor Village for construction (I traded 180 tuna there for 200 oak logs) and figured I had nothing better to do than type something up. Plus before I go to the fair tomorrow, I have to scan over the Spark Notes online for Animal Farm. I read up on them a bit yesterday while at my sister's, but I haven't finished up the in-depth chapter reviews.

Anyhow, right after I posted my last blog entry, my sister called my mother up asking me if I wanted to come down. Actually I was in the middle of typing up that entry and told my mother, "Maybe in an hour or so." Well, my sister and brother-in-law came up anyway and told me that they had something that they wanted me to see. I went downstairs into the kitchen and there was a small, grey and extremely cute kitten sitting in a cardboard box on the kitchen table. My brother-in-law was working at the local flea market in the old Sugarman's building when he saw some woman with a box of kittens giving them out for free. He reserved the one that they have now and later when he came back after working the day, he picked up the kitten and went home, getting the kitten as a small gift for my sister. But geez, this kitten was the damn little cutest thing I ever laid eyes on. Thankfully my sister let me stay for the night at her house to play with the cat. I did take some pictures on my camera, but they aren't uploaded onto the computer yet. Expect to see a picture of the kitten in a future 'Picture of the Day'.

My sister's other cat, a male that goes by the name of Buster, wasn't too fond of this small kitten, and kept on swatting at it. Now Buster is a demon. If you ever asked me if I knew of a cat possesed by the devil, I would say yes and point you toward that cat. Buster wasn't too mean to the kitten though, and the little kitten swatted right back at him. By the way, the kitten's a female that goes by the name of Cuddles. Back to Buster -- this cat will not let me even pet him. Buster will bite me vicously and claw at me, hissing at me sometimes even. Yet the cat will play with me, chasing me around, but in the end always hurting me. If I puck Buster up, he'll attack my face. Buster was mad at my sister and brother-in-law for bringing a new addition to the family home and even growled and fought them, which is pretty rare unless Buster is really pissed off.

Last year in English we had to write our own original poem, so I ended up writing a poem about Buster. I'm going to share this poem here now, but please do not steal it. There is copyright on the following document.


"A Weekend Home"
By Buddy Foote


"Now I must proclaim to thee an excerpt of three cherished loved ones
Living quarters declared an utmost dwelling of close sibling and spouse
A vast white wrinkled walled poisonous perfumed chamber
Bountiful with warning signs: Beware of pouncing black beast"

"An unseen business looms downstairs serving delights to others
Muffled screams of orders linger upward with sweet scented aromas
An intense deafening clash of pizza pans falling heard through rusted vents
Piercing pandemonium below like a battlefield awakens sleeping black beast"

"Circular ebony rubber squeals outdoors coming rapidly from a turn
Ceremonious cathedral bells ding and dong throughout the endless valley
Pedestrians pace briskly below to their targeted destinations
A raining moonless winter evening provides raven shadows for black beast"

"Hissing whispers fill thy eardrums, echoing through the rayless night
A ragged ink-like tail sprouts upward from behind hiding habitat
Hushed n' still apartment hosts the rhythmical beats of two hearts
The cold-hearted pulse of noble animal possessed by demons, the black beast"

"Teal eyes like sea of algae gallop into view at supreme speeds
Biting viciously into human flesh, scratching wounds sixty feet deep
Catnip hovering ten stories overhead, black beast bounces for bait
A typical weekend stay at home of sister, her husband, and deadly black beast "


I slept on the floor at my sister's in my sleeping bag (that I left up there by the way) and awoke to Cuddles clawing at my face. Being that Cuddles is a small kitten, she still has her front claws. Therefore, there was indeed small scratch marks all over my face. That kitten is so tiny though that it can fit in the palm of my hand. My sister told me that Cuddles was sleeping by my head on the pillow in the morning when she got up. That freaks me out for one reason. Now what could that be, it's a tiny innocent kitten? Well, later on after I already went home, my brother-in-law was washing Cuddles up and found three fleas on her, and killed them using lemon juices. With that in mind, I'm washing my hair throughly tomorrow morning when I'm getting ready for the fair.

Just for the note, the traffic to this page is starting to look good again, going from 16 unique visitors a day to around 27. Hopefully we'll be seeing the usual 30-50 before my birthday on October 27th.

And now for your dose of 'daily blog specials'.

"Comment That Keyword!"

"selling rune t skirt somebody buy it please"

This keyword made me laugh when I first saw it. Why? This guy is asking a search engine to buy his/her trimmed rune skirt. No, no. It's not that. It's just the fact that you don't go on search engines to buy and sell your goods on Runescape. Go on Runescape Community, the offical Runescape forums, SwiftIRC, anywhere, but not a search engine dammit. And if you're asking me personally if I want that skirt, then I'll reply simply...

"Maybe..."

Picture of the Day



Have a good one.

No comments: