Sunday, September 10, 2006

My Runescape Life

Throughout the course of the summer on this blog, I never stopped talking about Runescape. I would be ranting about people calling others noobs, talking about my latest achievements, handing out tips and personel advice, etc. However lately since school began and even a little before it, I never really talked about what has been going on in Runescape in my world. So, here's the latest updates on my Runescape life, brought to you by Buddy Foote:

I have achieved so much yesterday that it's not even funny. I did 4 1/2 quests yesterday, which to me is ground-breaking because I dislike doing quests because I just like to be your average Joe who trains and trains and trains and does nothing else. The quests I did were, in order, Nature Spirit, A Fairy Tale Part I, A Fairy Tale Part II (only up to the step where you're able to have access to the fairy rings), Death Plateau, and Troll Stronghold. After doing all of these quests, I went back to doing construction. I made flatpack curved oak tables from 43 to 50 construction tonight. In my current goal of having all skills level 50 or higher, I'm doing well considering that I only have herblore (level 39) and farming (level 35) to go. I actually have some ranarrs growing in all four herb patches right now, and hopefully they'll be alive when I wake up in the morning. Depending on how long it takes to get 50 farming, I'll just plant herbs before doing homework after school everyday (unless I have a ton of homework, major tests, etc.) and then pick them about 75 minutes later and replant. I only had 26 ranarr seeds to start with from the beginning, so they'll go fast. Then once my farming is 50 or near it, I'll just take the herbs that I grew doing farming and turn them into potions, thus getting herblore up. Plus with the magic speculators (incorrect spelling) that you get from Fairy Tale Part I, you'll yield more crops/herbs when picking crops/herbs. Therefore I'll get some "bonus" farming exp and an extra herb or two to make into a potion for herblore exp.

My second goal in Runescape that I normally switch to and back (a la studying for a quiz while doing this) is to get 76 fishing and 80 cooking. So far I'm 70 fishing and 68 cooking (only a few hundred xp off from 69) so this goal shouldn't take longer than a week of getting some good playing time. I jut want to have the option available to catch and cook (without burning too much) shark whenever I need it, say to do barrows or a hard quest. Plus another open window to make money, but...I have a much better way to make money.

After completing my two goals, I'll be off to earn money, fletching exp, magic exp, woodcutting exp (almost 86 wcing), and crafting exp. In the past I have stated my former plan of buying the yew logs and flax, and then sometimes natures, fletching them into yew longbows and then either selling to other players or alching. Now I'm going to take this all a step farther (and longer) to earn a bigger profit. Besides buying my own yew logs, I'm going to cut them. Why? I'm very eager to get woodcutting to 90 just to say that I have a skill level in the 90's and by cutting the yews, I'll be contributing to that cause. Also I'll be making my own nature runes. I'll tell you this right now -- I love fairy rings. It's so much easier to make natures using the fairy ring system. It's even easier because you can now get pouches from abyssal monsters without being in the wilderness by using the fairy ring coordinates ALR to enter another abyssal realm. I was able to get the small, medium, and large pouches as drops from the abyssal leeches and guardians, thus raising the amount of natures I can craft at once to 43. Also by using CKR as coordinates, you teleport to a fairy ring just northwest of Shilo Village, not too far away from the nature alter. Craig was able to runecraft about 2,000 natures within two or three days using this system. If you don't like the risk of entering the wilderness, use the fairy rings. But back to my money making plan. Being that I'm making my own yews and natures, that saves me about 550 gp a yew long made. However I'll be buying my own pure essence and flax, thus I should only spend 200-230 gp a yew long. This being said, I should make a 50o+ gp profit every yew longbow, which is very good in my case. And with the fact I already have 1k+ natures in my bank from drops and making some, I'll be making a 668 gp profit for every yew long on my first go doing this. In my mind, this is a very good idea. For as soon as I get 80 fletching which is only three levels away, the profit will become even larger, and thus this would be very true at 85 fletching.

And now as I sit on "my" bed in "my" bedroom at my sister and her husband's apartment while their kitten Cuddles is sleeping on the bed near me, I shall present to you the 'daily blog specials'. However this dose will exclude the "Comment That Keyword!" today because the keywords aren't that great lately, thus I won't waste energy commenting on them.


Picture of the Day



In other news, this blog will be running a small contest that will take place between the two other blog writers Caitlin and Chase. This competition is to see who can come up with their own 'daily blog special(s)' and I shall determine whose will be the best. Prize is pending, however it may be a userbar created by me for the winner. Grading system is too also pending. This contest is being done just to throw some wood on the fire, with the fire being this blog. Deadline for this contest is October 7th. The two cannot tell me any ideas or even what they're doing, and I'll only find out once it's published and available for all to see. I wish the two the best of luck in this contest.

Also, our high school football team, the Lakeland Chiefs, won Friday night, competing with the North Pocono Trojans. Final score: 41-7. So far we're 2-0.

Have a good one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey yea.. u dont kno me but i was looking through wat u had about runescape and u see like u play alot.. i was just wondering wat ur skillz are and all that. ive been playing for bout a year now and im lvl 66 with like 740 total lvl... so yea... ur probly like lvl 100 or somthing i bet.. lol have a good one

Buddy Foote said...

Hello. I'm not going to really show a picture of my stats until October 27th, but currently my combat level is 92 and my total level is 1340+. If you want to see my stats today, however, just go onto the Runescape offical site, to the high scores, and look up Buddy Foote. Then you'll find your answer.

Thanks for commenting, and have a good one yourself.