Saturday, September 02, 2006

High School Football

Last night was the date of the first high school football games in the area, a day that many members of a school district loyal to their team live to see. Yesterday our school, the Lakeland Chiefs, went up aganist our biggest rival around that we didn't play in the last two football seasons, the Valley View Cougars. Like the last football season and half of the one before that, Corey took Kyle and I to almost every game. At most high school football games, the kids of the school rarely watch the game and may glance over at what's going on every once in a while as they walk around and talk with their friends or play football in the back behind the bleachers. Years ago I used to be the same, but hardly caring about the game because I never understood how football was played. Actually not until I wanted to become interested and ask my father questions and play football video games did I learn the basics of my now favorite sport. And since that time, Corey, Kyle, and I grab a seat in the bleachers and watch the game closely like the parents of the other kids in our school do sitting around us. Kyle was always into football though as he's a huge Penn State fan and went to their games since he was about six years old. For example, he's going to be at their game today, even though a dying tropical storm end is blowing through our area. I can't wait to watch this Penn State game on TV though because Joe Tuzze, a former star player on the Lakeland football team, is going to be in the college school competing with Penn State. I think Tuzze is a fullback and there's only two fullbacks on the team so he'll probably be in the game.

But back to the football game last night. Being how cheap our school is, Lakeland's scoreboard (the game was home for us) wasn't working properly, and there was no visable clock and score. So it was hard to determine when quarters were over, because when this intense game heated up, you wanted to know what time it was until the end of the quarter. Honestly, this game was probably the best game I ever watched in person. Until this game was played, the best game I ever watched was the first game of last year when we played West Scranton at Scranton. At the game, we went into triple overtime, were on the edge of our seats, and played a good game, but we lost. Even though we lost, I marked that as the best game I ever saw. But after yesterday, that game was the second best. Last night's game aganist Valley View was the best, no doubt about it.

Because of the non-working scoreboard and how much I did get distracted from the game talking to Gorman and fooling around a bit, the details I'm about to say are going to be very vague. All I can really say is that in the first half we scored and got the extra point, and in the second half Valley View scored and got the extra point, tying up the game. The game then went into overtime and we used the system that they have in college -- starting at the 15 yard line and having one chance to get the ball into the inzone, or kicking a field goal. This was the part of the game that got really intense. Lakeland won the coin toss and chose to have Valley View receive the ball. Well, they got the ball and with their speedy running back who, throughout the course of the game, kept on tripping on everybody, including his own team and ours, ran down to the inzone getting the touchdown. But then an amazing play was made by Lakeland. Valley View attempted to go for the extra point, kicked the ball, but Lakeland blocked the kick, an amazing play. Then it was our turn to get a touchdown and then if we got that, an extra point for the win. Lakeland's running back ran the ball into the zone for the touchdown, and then we kicked the ball through the goalposts for the extra point for the victory. Game score; Lakeland - 14, Valley View - 13.

Just to make a point, this game was televised today on TV on the cable channel where advertisements and the whatnot are put on in what appears to be some sort of Powerpoint. I turned it on right before overtime. I was lucky to because I actually missed the extra point block by Lakeland during the game because I was too distracted fooling around, so it was great to actually see the play after hearing about it.

Now to go away from discussing football, I need to ask everybody who may read this blog a favor. Yes, the founder and one of the writers of this blog is asking any loyal readers of mine a big favor. You may of heard of userbars before. Well, I have created a userbar for all readers of BFBv.2 out there. Put in mind that this is the first thing I ever created in Photoshop and I'm no artist, so it's not the best thing out there. What I ask of you readers to please put the following userbar in your signatures on forums or anywhere else that you want to and maybe have the userbar as a link to this very blog. I ask you this because the traffic to this blog is still lower than normal as too is the number of readers since our little layout incident. And here is the userbar:




And now for my 'daily blog specials'.

"Comment That Keyword!"

"how to get addy h1 shields in runescape"

I'm going to answer this keyword very simply. You either buy the shield from another player for a select amount of cash, or you can get the item randomly and with luck from a clue scroll. If you're f2p, you have to buy it if you want it. For prices, check out Zybez.

Picture of the Day



Have a good one.

No comments: