Saturday, September 09, 2006

Drama Drive

Heya :] It's me Caitlin. I was going to write up an entry last night because I was bored &sort of lonely, but I'm glad I waited until today because I have much more to write about anyhow =P First off, real nice week of school. x) Yesterday during my study hall last period, three friends came with me to guidance and the office because I had some questions. My friend Abby and I were thinking of joining the drama club last school year when we helped the current play a few days during our Civics class and that brought back the memories from 6th grade when Abby and I played the 'evil stepsisters' in my class's big on-stage Cinderella play. For my school's fall play, they are putting on 'Flowers for Algernon' which is a book&movie we saw in 8th grade, and I remember liking it. Well, I wasn't interested in trying out for an actual part (Abby wanted too, yet didn't because of her busy schedule) so I wanted to look into being a part of the "stage crew/technical crew/backstage people" because that's what a couple of my good friends helped in, and I would still be apart of the play somehow, haha. My friend Ashley and I wanted to go ask the guidance counselor that since we were interested in joining the drama club, were wondering that if we don't have actual parts in the play but helped backstage/were in stage crew would it still count&go down as an extracurricular activity? He replied saying "Absolutely because you are still participating!" That was the answer I was hoping for because one of the main reasons I was looking to join was because I've known since 6th grade I needed to join something else (I played softball in 6th grade but now am no longer interested in sports) to have some sort of extracurricular activity, especially to aid me in going to college. Afterwards we went to the office and wrote the drama club director a note leaving our (Abby&I) names and email addresses, gave that to the secretary, and she put it in her mailbox. So...we'll see what happens. (: I hope it's a good idea, plus sounds fun. I heard a lot of people are doing it though which means the fall play might have enough help already but the spring musicial needs it, which I'll do if I can't this time around.

I got a real good night's sleep last night, and woke up at 11 this morning -meep- After "brunch" my mom asked if I wanted to go for a walk down the road and that I could take my bike. I was excited, so hurriedly got my bike out. I live on a really long dirt road that has two parts to it, and in the spring this year we walked it a few times, but this morning was so beautiful and stuff we went again. I had the most aerobic bike ride ever! x) The way down it was well, obviously downhill which was an experience. I never ever thought I'd go as fast I flew down the hills on the road. Oh my gosh I felt like I was on a rollercoaster :P I loved the thrill of it though. At the end where we turned around I saw the old man I saw last time outside of his house and he came over and started talking to us. I learned his name, age is 84 years old, used to have a 50lb bike when he was young, and was fascinated by the different speeds on my little mountain bike xD Nice man though. Then I had to ride all the way back, which was mainly uphill. It was tough going but I made it home and my leg muscles felt so tight I felt good about so much exercise. It was fun! I just hope my legs won't be too sore tomorrow xP

As soon as I sped up my driveway and put my bike away, I ate a popsicle (dont'cha love such little details?), and my father asked if I wanted to go driving today like I agreed to. I went once before if anyone recalls I wrote an entry about it, and had many chances to go again but kept saying no because it made me too nervous to think about for reasons I don't quite understand =P Last week I agreed to go today though. I figured it's a great opportunity to gain some much needed experience with a vehicle, and I am one lucky child to have a parent willing to teach me basics while letting me sit/be in control in the driver's seat of THEIR $42,000 vehicle! ^.^ I was taken to an empty, desolate parking lot different from last time, and reviewed the basics. I get so nervous&scared right before my turn to sit at the wheel though, but I try my serious best. Serious best meaning I also take the whole lessons pretty seriously =) I did some of the following basic skills: putting the car from parked to drive, or to reverse; getting better at switching feet without looking from the brake to gas &vice versa; never forgetting to turn the blinker on; parking inbetween the lines; turning sharp and turning at all; adjusting the rearview mirrors; and swirving in an 's' like shape to pretend I was maneuvering around orange cones. Today I had to gently hit the gas pedal so I was moving at a nice speed of 20mph! Which is a record speed thus far for myself :] I like trying to park in the lines best, it seems fun for some reason, and I even went into reverse for the first time, and I couldn't park in the lines that time but it was neat nonetheles. Afterwards I felt accomplished, calm &content with a big smile on my face because it was fun to practice ;D

Now I might play Runescape because I haven't played or went anywhere 'really fun' online since the summer, honestly! After school I have been going outside, homeworking, studying, or chatting online, nothing more nothing less. :P I hope to play again real soon. I miss it a lot. That's all I can write now. Fings are a-hurtin' meh. Kkkk. Have an uberly terrific night/day <3

No comments: