Sunday, September 03, 2006

First Game/Sleepover

Hola :] It's Caitlin, and I just realized I have not stated it was I in a couple of my previous entries. I guess that's alright though. Yes, I knew all along it has the name of the person who posted an entry written underneath the new blog entry, but I figured to lessen confusion I'd say it was me first because who reads the very bottom first off anyways? :P The second day of school was not half as good as the first for me personally. For one, I was tired. I was also worried about how in the world I will manage with having to carry large, heavy books. The largest textbooks I have had thus far, and have even ever laid eyes on. I try to go to my locker any chance I get, but I have to rush and that worries me, too. It might be a challenge somedays, so it's not exactly fun xP I am so happy to have this long Labor Day weekend now so I can try catching up on sleep and 'reorganizing' my stuff from an 'unorganized' first school week.

Friday night was the school's first football game (which was all covered in Steve's entry before this one), and I looked forward to going with my friends. I had a lot of fun, but it was a bit chillier than I hoped for, sadly. (I miss the heatwave now :[ ) My friend Heather came home after school with me Friday until it was time to leave for the game. We went for a walk around my yard, and I showed her my pond &stuff that she had not seen in over a year :P I think she only really loved the new hammock&swing because she wanted to lie there the whole time xD After dinner, we all went outside and played softball for a little bit before my dad dropped Heather and I off at the school field. I had never seen so many cars parked at our school before! It was pretty neat. I made it to one game last season, and there wasn't half this many cars (shows what a big game this must have been), and I think having dozens of people anywhere makes going places 10x more exciting. I spent most of the time chasing my friends around, and/or looking for certain people at the same time. I wanted to watch the football game at times because I understand the game and always liked it since it surrounds me, but since I didn't start watching it from the first quarter, and we have a broken scoreboard on top of that, it makes it real difficult to know what is going on later in like the 4th quarter :P Once the game entered overtime I was really cold, like literally shaking so I ran around saying my goodbyes and then was about to call home to be picked up when suddenly I see my dad drive right on up at the exact moment so yay was that good timing or what? xD I wanted to stay up late once I got home, since I am used to doing that. Instead Heather, Chase, and I watched this show on MTV called 'Next!' where there are 5 people and 1 person gets to date them all for as long as they want to see if they like that person enough to ask for a second date, but at any moment they decide they dislike the person they just say "next!' and the next girl/guy comes out. Oh, and there is a money prize involved in there somewhere too. The reason we were watching it was because they did something very different this time. I saw this show maybe once or twice before (Heather and Chase never did) and believe me, my brother would never be caught dead watching MTV. Hahaha so you see on this particular episode they had 5 guys waiting and the 1 other person who they wanted to date also was a guy. Do I need to explain any furthur? I hope not... :P Anyways, it was funny, and very very different to actually watch. x.O Haha moving on now.. I fell asleep close to midnight and woke up around 8:30, so again I didn't get enough sleep. It was very rainy&windy all day Saturday because of this tropical storm/depression, so I couldn't take Heather outside again and I didn't want her to go home yet either :P We ended up going to Target for a little bit and then I dropped her off. We had a fun time (:

I spent the rest of Saturday very tired and cold. I really hope I am not getting sick. I went to bed early Saturday night at a record 8:00 and did not awake until 11:30 this morning. That is a lot of sleep, but it felt so good and I was so warm under so many blankets I never wanted to get up&move again :P Now I am hungry, and a bit bored because it turned out my mom found something else to do other than go out shopping (I was going to go with her)..so I might try to start studying for my first book test on Animal Farm or something which is Wednesday. Adios!

No comments: