Saturday, October 28, 2006

Daily Unique Visitors Record

It has come to my fullest attention that the number of unique visitors has skyrocketed in a matter of a few days from the regular pattern of low numbers that this blog has been seeing since what I like to call the "BFB Crash of July 2006" when a fault in the coding of the blog lead the blog into a state of hardships. To my pleasure, the amount of daily visitors daily now seems to be 40+, which beats the 10-30 numbers that have been popping up the last two months. Sometimes we only had nine or less unique visitors a day. In case you're wondering what exactlty a unique visitor is, for the few out there, here is a definition from StatCounter.com:

Unique Visitor - Based purely on a cookie, this is the total of the returning visitors and first time visitors - all your visitors.
Just to put the numbers down straight, here are the number of daily visitors so far monthly that have came upon this blog (excluding last year's [2005] numbers):
  • Jan. (612)
  • Feb. (302)
  • Mar. (485)
  • Apr. (647)
  • May (685)
  • Jun. (1,095)
  • Jul. (1,771)
  • Aug. (778)
  • Sep. (749)
  • Oct. (886) (So far this month)
As you can see from these numbers by month that some months suffered great decreases in the number of unique visitors. February was the worst month this year in uniques. The account for that was mostly on how inactive I was during that time on the blog. As you can see, the time from May to July soared high into the heavens as new BFB blog members Caitlin and Chase joined, helping with the inactivity that the blog once suffered. Everything was fine and dandy until the "BFB Crash of July 2006". This drastic event for the blog actually occured the minute the new layout on the blog's birthday (July 24th) was published to the internet. The defect in the coding was actually my fault, as I gave Caitlin, who composed more than half of the layout, the HTML for the shoutbox and forgot to add the end tag to it. This caused the shoutbox and everything in the coding under it to not load, which was actually the majority of the site. One day at my sister's house I fixed it, after hard thought and concentration, and the number of unique visitors went up a bit, but not up to the 40+ a day that they were. Actually back in July, the two best days that this blog has seen unique visitors was written into stone: July 24th (94 unique visitors) and July 25th (130 unique visitors). As you can see in August, the number decreased about 1,000 visitors, causing the largest drop in visitors since the January to February incident. The number also decreased into September, having a lower amount than August.

Thankfully though, this month spiked at the last second just in a week's time, and hopefully we'll continue to see here at BFBv.2 these numbers. It's like it was a birthday present for me, as October 26th had 65 unique visitors and October 27th (my birthday) had 62 unique visitors. But it's thanks to you guys who read this blog and happen to stumble upon it, even if you come and go in a matter of seconds, that we here at BFBv.2 keep on striving to provide activity in this blog, and try to come up with new ways to enhance your viewing and reading pleasures. Thank you all.

In other news:
  • I'll be waking up at five in the morning tomorrow, or earlier, to go stand outside of Toys R' Us to preorder the Nintendo Wii. The Nintendo Wii is my birthday present, as my parents informed me, but it is my duty to actually go and preorder it. Thankfully my brother-in-law and sister, your own Jenifer here at the blog, are going to go stand in line for the four hour wait for the store to open. This is my devotion to getting the Nintendo Wii. In the past on this blog I was always speaking about the Wii, and posted pictures of the controller when the news was already about a week old. However lately, my thought of the Wii vanished, even thought the release date was dawning upon me. By preordering the Wii, I should be guarenteed a console on or very close to the release day, and damn will I be a happy fellow. I'm still thinking of what games to purchase. My thoughts so far: Legend of Zelda and Madden '07.
  • In Runescape news: I'm currently fly-fishing in Shilo Village, trying to acheive 76 fishing. Currently my fishing is 73, and is only 60k-50k xp away from 74. I also have enough trout and salmon to get from around 72-73 cooking from my current level of 70. My current cooking goal is 80. My plans to raise it up after getting 76 fishing are undetermined, but it'll probably involve sweetcorn, potatoes, and tuna. If you want to fish with me or visit me, I'll be in World 27, Shilo Village for a while now.
Now for your daily dose of blog specials:

~Crossword Puzzle of the Day~

Runescape People n' Places


"Comment That Keyword!"

"n0valyfe blog"
"runescape blog n0valyfe"

Most of the unique visitors that I mentioned in the majority of this post came to this blog from this very keyword. Why is that? If you look up one of the above keywords in Google, you will find that Buddy Foote's Blog v.2 is either in the top three or four. The large demand for his blog is probably due to the fact that n0valyfe is in the Runescape news for two main reasons. For one, he passed off Zezima in the hiscores, taking the top spot. And for two, n0valyfe is quitting Runescape in the matter of a few days and is ready to take the real world on. I tried Googling keywords to find n0valyfe's blog, but could not find the site. Instead I found the blog through Runescape Escape, a forum that n0valyfe is a member of. Now for n0valyfe's blog:

N0valyfe's Blog

Pictures of the Day




It has just come to my attention (I wrote this blog throughout the day so I found out something new just a while ago) that there are only twenty Wii preorders at Toys R' Us tomorrow. This means that if we get at the store around six and there's 20+ people in line that we may as well turn around and go home. I'm just hoping that nobody knows of this event besides me, or that I'm one of the top five people in line. I'm also afraid of people cutting the line, being sneaky and getting the Wii before me even though they weren't in line, or some guy with a handgun walks up to me after I preorder ordering me to hand over the slip stating that I have preordered and am guarenteed a Wii. So many possibilites can occur, and with my luck I'll probably get a negative one.

Have a good one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice posts. unique visitor -- patnox.com