Monday, June 16, 2008



Freedom

Do you hear that sound? Listen closely. Ignore the screeching crickets and cicadas. Hear it yet? Ah, what a brilliant and comforting sound – that is, if it were to even produce such a sound. The sound of freedom. Some may witness it. Some may long for it. All I know is that right now, I'm basking in its glory.

Borat over to the left has the right idea in mind. He's also celebrating some freedom-related event. Why am I free? Junior year, the hardest year of schooling that I ever went through, is over. Today was the last day of school (a relatively long year due to the large amount of snow days). With all of the tests and homework we had day-to-day with hardly any breaks or free time, it's good to finally be released to the feral wilderness to enjoy life. I felt like I was tamed by some horrible human being who made me do things against my will. No longer will I have to worry about finishing a chemistry lab. No longer will I have to hear how to do a unit cir . . . never mind, math just builds up upon past knowledge so that will most likely be recycled. The point being – for the next three months, I'm going to be the happiest kangaroo in Australia. I'm going to be the happiest eagle soaring in the Washington skies. I'm going to be the happiest golf ball in . . . screw it.

What will I do with myself this summer? After having nine consecutive months of constant work, how will I be able to downgrade to a level of lethargy? I better lay the asphalt, for that matter (inside joke). I have to get to work soon on moving this very blog to Wordpress on a hosted server. With a new layout, new blog name, and the new blog authors that have recently joined the blog (hello Matomatic and Chris and soon-to-be-joining, Brittany), the blog is entering a period of – I guess you can say – a Renaissance. Also, I plan to work rigorously on my future novel, brainstorming it like a chimpanzee that just left a zoo and found his first banana. And even more, I plan on studying vocabulary, programming, and math this summer, as well as reading a lot. And there's more social plans and stuff, but are they really that important? Well, of course, but they're too spontaneous and random to think of in-advance. All in all, it looks like a very successful and educational summer. Ain't that lovely now?

Freedom is calling me away now. I must follow the call of the wild. I must see my sweet Barbra Allen. My Faire Queene. I better shut up – I have to save this stuff for Matomatic. Have a good one!

No comments: