Saturday, November 12, 2005

No Screen Captures

Yet again, a promise broken. I said I would provide more screen captures of San Andreas, and I can't. I tried though.

Yesterday while playing, I used my Imageshack screen capture tool and took about a thousand screen captures, but none of them loaded. They don't even save for me. Imageshack's tools are starting to get on my bad side. Another note, yesterday I downloaded the water tool for the game so that I was able to customize the water level in the game. That entertained me for about an hour, then it got boring. There's a glitch that you're able to walk underwater and drive underwater as well as all of the other peds can when you step out of your house if the water level is about 40 meters or higher. Too high, though, and you'll just drown.

Today, I tried the program FRAPS. Everything was working fine. The screen captures came out amazing and I set it so that every ten seconds in-game, it takes a screen capture. So at that, I have about 65 screen captures of the game, going from riding a Pizzaboy in Los Santos to blowing up helicopters with a heat-seeking rocket launcher in San Fierro after a nice ride on a Sanchez through Red County and Bone County, and throw a boat ride in there somewhere too. So after playing the game, I right-clicked on one of the screen captures and viewed the properties of it and found that each one was more than a MB because the file format was .BMP. Yes, they are horrible for small file sizes but being that my FRAP program wasn't registered (meaning throwing away $37), I could only take them in .BMP. So Imageshack I knew as a fact wouldn't take them. So then I tried Putfile.com. And with that, .BMP isn't an excepted file. So oh well to that. I'm sticking with the Imageshack tool even though it works .00001 of the time.

And with yet another side note, I customized my media page and added some more music tracks to it. If I get a new digital camera for Christmas, I'll be uploading like crazy on there. If it's not in .BMP format that is...

Yesterday was the beginning of the high school football play-offs and Lakeland was playing Myers down in Wilkes-Barre. We won with a great defeat of 25-0, Lakeland's first blow out game of the year (meaning the other school didn't even score once). So next week is another game. Lakeland's season this year is 7-3, with losses by West Scranton, Abington Heights, and Carbondale. Although Abington Heights is 10-0 this season so they're an amazing team. Although I'm impressed with Lakeland this year. We had a 25-game winning streak before the first game of this season (the loss aganist West Scranton) because of our amazing teams in the past (thanks to Joe Tuzze) were mostly 10-0. But at the beginning of this season, we thought we were going to do horrible. Nobody thought of going to the play-offs, nevertheless winning the first game of it. Now, I'm not sure, but we're either playing Hanover or Scranton Prep next week. I didn't read the paper. If we ever got to states, then it would be a true miracle.

Also yesterday, my brother and sister-in-law gave me their old cell phone which was very nice of them to do. And it's not very old either at that.

No comments: