Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Big One

What do the following two pictures tell you about a major achievement that I have finally obtained in Runescape:



Yes, I am now 99 woodcutting. After approximately two months of woodcutting all the time besides my usual visit to f2p every once or twice a week, I have finally reached my goal of 99 woodcutting. I would have to thank Dante11356 for encouraging me to do the skill. He may not have directly told me, but after I got 100 combat and 60 hunter and I wanted to cut 6.2k yew logs so that I could alch 6.2k yew longs with the 6.2k nature runes that I had forever, his goal of 99 woodcutting sort of rubbed off onto me. I finished getting the yews and then established my goal of 99 woodcutting. Even though Dante was too going for 99 woodcutting, I was not racing him. I don't really like competition, thus why I fancy skills like woodcutting and fishing more than mining and combat. Even firemaking, the next 99 that I want to obtain, is a competition skill. As soon as somebody comes into your spot wanting to do firemaking, then you're both cluttered together and then you force yourself to hurry up and burn logs besides taking your time and not enjoying yourself. One of the reasons I'm not too motivated to do the skill at the moment. My final willow count was 118k+, and I already burnt around 2k of them to get 76 firemaking from 75. I know that I won't be wielding my trimmed woodcutting cape anytime soon, but I do like the untrimmed version just as much.

Just for the record: I started woodcutting in January at the woodcutting level of 86. I finished the goal at 99 woodcutting on Wednesday, March 21, 2007 at the time from 12-12:10 P.M. Yes, I stayed up pretty late on a school night on Runescape, but I just wanted to get the 99 already as it's been haunting my mind while at school and it was sort of affecting my thinking toward school. I would be looking at ways to hurry up and finish homework and study just so that I could go on Runescape and woodcut, but ever since my woodcutting dream has finally come true, I no longer have this itch to jump onto Runescape everyday. Thus, I think I may take a week vacation from the game.

I would like to thank Alaskanwolf7, Dante11356, Botanreaper2, Caydalyn, and Trans Power for supporting me on my journey. Also, thank you Botanreaper2 for staying up late with me on that school night to give me a "gratz" message and to run around with me after I bought my woodcutting cape. I was actually on until one in the morning that night. The bad part was that I had a major cultures test the next day (however it was extremely easy besides the fact that I just went on and on in the essays). The next day (well, later on Wednesday after school) I then tried to firemake in f2p on World 128, Trans Power's home world, but I could not get any peace and quiet. Honestly, I would be followed, begged, and harassed every second I was there. I went with Dante once to f2p once he had 99 woodcutting and I never remember anybody following him a lot so I figured, "I might as well go to f2p to get 97 firemaking and report any rule breakers while I'm there." Big mistake.

"Can i see em0te plzzzzz???"
"wat cape is tat?"
"how do i rune craft?"
"can i have 3k?"
"can i have free stuff pl0x????"
"wcing freak"
"pyro nub"
"buy ur axe plz 3.05"

Those are just some of the sayings that I get from individuals almost every second I was on, and the bad part is that you just can't click and firemake all your logs, but you have to keep on constantly clicking and I'm not good at multitasking to be clicking and typing at the same time -- thus, I wasn't getting a lot of exp for the time that I was on Runescape. My favorite is when I tell a beggar that I'm broke or that I have no money, and they say, "but ur lvl 100". That's one of those fricking stereotypes that the Runescape community makes -- that a high level is rich. Well let me tell you, money does not matter to me at the moment. I want to train skills and not go crazy for making money. And I used to tell that to people but then they'd ask for all my money because they thought that what I was saying translated to "I don't want my money" when really I'm saying "I don't like money". I do see a difference. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

If you want 99 woodcutting, I would encourage that you chop willows to 99, maybe sometimes switching to maples so that you don't get bored. Also, don't stay at one willow spot until 99. There's good willow spots at Draynor Village, Catherby, and by the Barbarian Assault mini-game. If you plan on firemaking the logs or fletching and dropping right after you cut them, then you can go virtually anywhere far from a bank. Normally these locations have nobody at them, and you'll have an x amount of trees all by yourself. I did this with maples. By the log agility shortcut behind the manor that's north of Seers' Village, you'll have about four to five or more maple trees there, with a nice and long and wide straight of land to firemake. Just make sure you stay away from the aggressive wolves in the area, and you'll find yourself a good woodcutting spot. My favorite spot for willows was the Barbarian Assault location. Four willow trees, almost nobody there, and a bank deposit box very close nearby. If you want to get there quickly, just operate a game's necklace, teleport to Barbarian Assault, and you'll be right there at the willow trees. Too bad I found out about such a great place when I was already 98 woodcutting. By the way, a dragon woodcutting axe would help. If you don't have the money for one and you feel like getting woodcutting, fletching, and runecrafting exp, then just craft nature runes, chop yew logs, and then make yew longbows, alching them in the end. It may be a slower route, but you'll be contributing to your levels and getting money at the same time. And no, my dragon woodcutting axe is not for sale.

Just a few announcements before I leave you:

Buddy Foote's Blog v.2's forum, #Foote_Chat, has been closed. Reason will not be stated as I'm still depressed thinking about the events that went on that day. The forum will be offline for a while until I figure out what to do with it.

Due to the closure of the forum, I'll need to occupy myself with more hobbies to contribute to the blog and to more smaller sites that I'm going to create. I want to bring my crossword puzzle idea back and make a sister site for that. Expect Runescape, definition, and other random crossword puzzles in the future. They're not going to be easy either, and will encourage you to actually do some internet research to complete them, without using the button that solves the answer for you. That's just cheating.

Buddy Foote's Blog v.2 is looking for a new blog writer. We're looking for literate people who enjoy to write from our school, Lakeland, and from my Runescape friend list. I'd also like to announce that starting next week, Chase will start posting again, and a lot. Jenifer, well, I didn't see her in a long time. I think she's too busy with work to worry about getting internet and definitely writing for the blog. We'll hopefully see her again soon. I enjoyed her entries. Also, as Caitlin announced, she's busy at drama all week as the school play is running for three days at the end of this week. Good luck to the drama club on the presentation. I will try to make it there. And the one main reason I was very, very inactive from the blog was because of my 99 woodcutting goal, which, like I said, haunted me to get it already. Now that I'm done and taking a break from Runescape, I'll be posting here a lot more. I can't let Runescape take over my real life too much, and my virtual life needs a little break after woodcutting for so long.

I'm going to try and make my future entries less Runescape related, whether that be a good thing or a bad thing. Just like how #Foote_Chat was, BFBv.2 isn't a Runescape-only site and more needs to be on it than just Runescape to appeal to everybody. I'm never good at recalling events in my life, so my entries will probably be filled with my opinions on a certain subject that I can conjure up, like global warming. However, this does not exclude ranting on about the internet.

I'm going to also try and share my favorite YouTube videos from now on by providing links to the videos. From out of nowhere, YouTube videos started to work fine on my internet connection, and I'm no longer pestered with long loading times and videos that stop constantly to buffer. I once tried this YouTube Video Accelerator from Speedbit, but the results were not too good. Why? My router would not allow the multi-connection test to work properly, and therefore I could not use the service. But ever since I tried that and fooled around with my router, firewall, and internet settings, everything seems to be fine. Strange...

The blog special "My..." might come back as well. "My..." was a special I did about two times where I just took a picture of a random object that I own and, well, put it on here. Expect some random pictures in the future of my possessions then. And by the way, I might go out more now that it's getting warmer and the snow is almost gone and take pictures. Expect to see less text and more graphics.

Summer will be here before you know it, and with summer will bring the second anniversary of Buddy Foote's Blog v.2. Caitlin and I better start getting ideas for a new layout.

And I will reward you with no 'daily blog specials' today.

Have a good one.

1 comment:

Fweese said...

Congratulations on the 99 woodcutting!