Sunday, May 21, 2006

Addicted to Slaying

After logging in every once in a while onto Runescape lately, I'd just fight a few baby blue dragons for their bones until my lobster supply ran out, then I'd teleport to Falador and restock then resume the process (with the most annoying part being the walk back to the blue dragon lair in the Talvery Dungeon). This would get boring and tedious after a while and I'd wind up reading some topics on Runescape Community or browse through RuneHQ. I tried studying and doing homework while playing Runescape in the past but I'd read two words, look up at the screen, play for five minutes, pick up the homework I dropped on the ground and read another two words, and so and so. Point being, the task of killing the same monster over and over again become boring after a while, even though I developed a stragety or two to get the baby blue dragons to myself in a certain area (a process of having the people killing dragons in one area migrate to another to leave me along).

Today, after I got my prayer level to where I wanted it to be, I left the baby blue dragon lair (finally) and went into step two of my plan for world domination. This step being the following: Get my attack to 70 while doing slayer tasks. And boy, was it working out at first. I filled 3/4 of my inventory with lobsters, took one law, three airs, and one fire rune, and headed east toward Canfsis and its slayer master; the red hooded thing with a tail. Oh yes, and my slayer gem I brought along. The walk is a long one, from the fountain in Varrock to the slayer master. I wouldn't mind it if you could just walk straight east and get there, but no, you have to go into that dungeon that was used in the Priest in Peril quest which has its winding passages at the beginning. But once you go through the holy barriar by the monk you have to say, it's a nice and lovely stroll through lovely Morytania with it's dead trees, horrible odors from the bubbly swamps, and the big level eighty-eight werewolves that hover around the area. I wish my agility was high, I really do. I could save the walk to the blue dragons by squeezing through the pipe in the Talvery Dungeon and I could squeeze through the fence behind the church to get access to Morytania without going through the dungeon.

Anyway, I did slayer for quite a while today. I woke up around eight thirty this morning playing the game and stopped around six in the evening. I say that's quite a day of playing. My first slayer task was to kill vampires (I do not remember the exact amount and probably never will). Even after asking Craig who had this task before, I still couldn't find the darn vampires. Finally when he hinted to me that they were by Frenkenstein's Castle (Runescape spells the name differently to avoid any lawsuits and I'm not even sure if I spelt Jagex's version correctly), I traveled south into the Haunted Woods and found the vicious beings. They were quite easy. They'd do eight or seven hits to me at the most, but with me doing fiftheen's to them commonly, they were no match for me and my dragon longsword. I finished that task and moved on to others. In total, I got three vampire, three banshee, one rockslug, one cave crawler, and one skeleton tasks. I believe that was all of them, but my last one I received was to kill eleven cave slimes. Well, that's a small number and even though they're poisionous, I had to kill fifty-some cave crawlers and they're poisionout (I was posioned about five times). The problem is that they're in the Lumbridge Swamp Slayer Dungeon. Why is that bad? I was going to kill rockslugs down in there before I learned I was looking at the wrong map on RuneHQ, so I teleported to Lumbridge, used the agility shortcut by the graveyard, and ran down to a 'deep hope' in the ground when it said I needed a rope. I go to the bank in Draynor and realize I do not have a rope. I then check the general stores in Lumbridge and Varrock and find out that they don't have ropes. So I teleport to Camelot and walk down to Caterby's general store to buy a rope, and then had one. I thought a rope would cost less than 10 gp, so I had 11 gp on me. The rope turned out to be 25 gp. I was so desperate to just get the rope already that I sold a lobster for 60 gp and bought the rope, even though the bank was but one space away.

After getting the rope, I teleport back to Lumbridge and ran back to the hole in the ground. I use the rope with the hole and I'm able to climb down it. Great, finally! I go to climb down it and learn that I need a light source. There was a candle salesman right next to me selling lit candles for 1,000 gp each, so I ran to my bank, getting 1k gp and a tinderbox, and come back. I buy the candle and enter the dark hole. Bam, not even a second in there and a hand from inside the wall comes out and grabs me, inflicting twelve hits to me. I get past it (I learned later on after looking at the right map on tip.it that I needed a spiny helmet) and ran north-east thinking that I'm looking at the right map but I was looking at the Femmy Slayer Dungeon map. I remember seeing a cave slime when all of a sudden I'm damaged and my candle goes out, exploding in my face. I teleported out of there faster than I ever teleported out of somewhere before. I learned later on that light sources that are more opened up to the swamp gases explode than ones that aren't opened up at all, for example the bullseye lattern. Being that my stats in those skills are too low to make the lattern and light it, I'll just have to wait to go back into the Lumbridge Slayer Dungeon to kill those 11 cave slimes. Instead, I started the Frenkenstein quest and went down into the experiment tomb, killing those with their 100 HP. I'm just going to get my attack to 70 now without doing slayer as a side effect.

I probably left out a lot in there affecting most of the story, but these long entries are the reason I got writer's block in the past.

My bank is getting filled up in the game, espically after doing some slayer tasks. I'm going to have to throw some stuff away (like my full bronze that I had saved for Caitlin before I could make full iron without the plate) and sell some stuff (like the purple gloves I got from killing crawling hands. Oh yes, I got one crawling hand slayer task today also.) I must say banshees had the best drops for me, besides vampires dropped death runes (2). The banshees dropped a lot of herbs but also 13 noted pure essence, something I'll be needing in the near future. I would get around 130 noted pure essence a trip on them. Craig says that Harpie bug swarms have good drops too, so when my slayer is 35 (?) I'll have to go to Karmajia Island and kill some.

Imust also include this or my sister may get angry at me. I slept up her and her husband's house Friday night after a big hiatus from doing so. We watched "The Ring 2" that night, but I only saw some of it because I fell asleep on the couch. I must say, those were huge bucks, and if you saw the movie, you'll know what I mean. Honest to God, those were the fakest animated things I ever saw in my life. If you're going to put something into a movie big enough to be a sequal, then please make it look real. With today's technology in 3D animation, one could do just that.

It's getting rather late, but I have a lot of pictures to post to finish up this entry with. So enjoy:

These pictures were taken three Saturdays ago after Corey, Craig, and Shawn came over my house to work on their pre chemistry project (as in the questions for their motor.)






These pictures were just some of the many (and when I say many I mean a large, large amount) of the good pictures that Craig took on the way and after our visit to The Old Country Buffet three Saturdays ago on the same day. I took one of the ones I'm showing (the guy loading some boxes into his van.)





(Like I said, there's many more and you may see some more in the future, such as Craig's famous driver pictures.)

These following pictures are on the way home from my nephews's tee-ball practice from last Saturday. (All these pictures seem to have been taken on a Saturday.)













This is the picture of "the bird" in the film that you can view on this site called "Untitled" Part 2.



These are pictures from my Runescape gameplay from today:







Have a good day.

[UPDATED on May 27th, 2006]: Made a correction that my sister informed me about; it's not my cousin's tee-ball practice but my nephew's tee-ball practice.

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

I believe that it was your nephew's tee ball practice, not your cousin's, just thought that I would make that correction for ya :)