Saturday, May 06, 2006

Dead Fish

Hi! I think it's about time I, Caitlin, sit and write an entry [: Sure it's getting late as a write this..but maybe I just do my best thinking quietly at night. Anyways, let's see what's been up... Thursday and Friday we had Terra Nova testing at school which wasn't extremely difficult, I just found them annoying. If we don't do well on them, then we are put in this class to help us improve those reading & math skills..or they tutor us on it or something I'm not clear on explaining.

Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo [May 5th], a Spanish Independence Holiday. I take Spanish..but happen to have been placed in the worst-behaved class ever. Therefore my class wasn't even told about a party. It's so unfair to the few good kids in my class. So, I had study hall last period and my teacher gave some of those good kids passes to come to this party in her other class [Stephen has Spanish this period]. I got a pass, and am glad I came down. The other classes are so different from mine..like they actually listen and shut their mouths when the teacher speaks! Some students had brought Spanish-related food..like chips & salsa kinda stuff and Ricky Martin was being played in case you wanted to know some details.

After school last night, it was really nice out and so I walked around the path in my backyard a couple times. I have my iPod and I just walk around & around & around it until I wear myself out. It's nice to just think & "overanaylze" things..... Plus, I enjoy standing at the top of the hill, and when you turn around you see the mountain and all the new leaves on trees growing. It's pretty. Sometimes my chocolate lab, Cheyenne, will follow. I am surprised she went around two whole times with me..that's a lot of exercise for an 11 year old dog. It just so happens, I have a picture of her to show to you! It was taken at the end of last summer, and she's sitting in a little wagon. It's cute & looks like she's posing. =)

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Last night, as always, I thought about what I always ponder..plus I kept thinking how my one friend's Friday night was going. I just found out all the details now, and it sounded like it went awesome!!! I am so happy & excited for her! =D It's so amazing, my friends and I used to talk about flying birds, horses, & lollipops or something. LoL and now the topic of all we ever talk about has changed. ;-) The past few months in particular, we can't chatter enough, and even more recently stuff has happened to us that we could never have imagined happening back in say, November. I <333 my friends..much! =) =)

Anyways, kinda getting off topic now lol. I was gonna say that my brother and I walked to the pond together last night, and went on the dock in the pond [which I think is broken] so I barely went out, but we got bored trying to catch impossible stream minnows..and resorted to Salamanders [: Didn't catch anything though.. I got freaked out when I was "stirring" my pond water with a branch, and saw something white. I thought it was a bone! =P I thought it was a bone because in the past few summers, we have had some fish dying epidemics in my pond. By the end of summer all of them would be dead from the little oxygen in the water. They would literally flip themselves into the air, and land onto the shore, where death awaited them. I am serious too..I saw it with my own eyes. Everyday I'd come down and check [while holding my nose closed of course] and all in the grass would be dead fish. Since they all laid their eggs in spring though, the pond would be full of fish for next summer...then they would all die & it'd be a process. P.S.- It was disgUSTinG! Just imagine the smell of this on a stinky 85 degree humid summer day! "Roasting dead fish anyone?"..Still not sure what that white thing I saw was though..

Right now I am working on making a new layout for my website [ Starry Bliss - http://starrybliss.net.tc ] Not sure how I want it to exactly look yet, but we'll see...my website doesn't seem all that great lately. Unfortunately, I seem to just like the creating & setting up a site part..but not the keeping it updated & running part =/ That's all I can think of to write now. I guess Steve is okay if I write and post stuff even if he has already added an entry recently or on that same day. I wasn't sure if he wanted me too or not, but I am more than happy to write here. I like being able too a lot. =) Byebye!!

No comments: