Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The 80 GB

Before I bring you this blog entry, I'd like to put up a self-advertisement to promote #Foote_Chat, the official forums of Buddy Foote's Blog v.2.





[Click image to visit the site]

Actually it's not much of an ad at all, but just the pretty logo for the forums to catch an eye or two, and hopefully a click or two, and hopefully a new member or two. And to add a quick note about the forums that I couldn't fit into the global announcement -- Because the forums are in its early stages, if you join and you're active and loyal to the forum, you have a great chance to be promoted to moderator status in the future. If the forum is to ever pull through and have a lot of members, the chance to be promoted is then very slim unless you make something great happen, or you're a best friend to me like the current mods are. But even if you don't have a desire to ever be a mod, then I still beg of you to join. Like I said and always will say, every member counts to making the forum a better place in the future, and an active community. Thank you for your patience -- on to the blog post!

While typing up that ad, I felt dizzy all of a sudden, so I'm going to make the actual entry shorter than I wish it to be. On Christmas Eve, I kept on ranting on about how Christmas wasn't going to be so great this year compared to other years, and in one way or another that was true. But I did receive a present that's going to be very practical for me to use, and a big necessity for my demand of music and videos. My biggest present was an 80 GB iPod. It took me a while to get everything straightened out to import my library from iTunes onto it, such as updating my iTunes to version 7, but in the end within an hour I had my iPod at my other grandmother's house, listening to clean songs while my little cousins were running around. Later on after coming home from there, I took the time to investigate on how to import videos from YouTube onto my iPod, and got two videos from there and a video from Google Video. When I go home from my sister's later on, I'm going to continue importing my favorite videos onto my iPod. So far I have 402 songs and 3 videos on my iPod, and I still have 72.8 GB available to use out of 74.3 GB. That's one thing I hate. Something will say that it has 149 GB of space, and then when you get it fresh out of the box, the software on it already takes that hard drive amount down to something like 139 GB. Sure, it's "only" 10 GB, but if you refer to having a 40 GB laptop or an old Windows 95, then not every GB counts, but a little MB.

What really ticked me off about the iPod and threw me up into a tree was that you can only sync one library. That means you can only import songs, pictures, and videos from a single library on a single computer. Why does this tick me off? At midnight this morning I was up getting the Firefox add-on that downloads videos from YouTube and updating iTunes on my laptop (because I'm at my sister's) so that I could import videos onto my iPod. Now, the upgrading for the iTunes took a good half hour about, maybe more, maybe less. And being that my laptop is a RAM eater and I'm using an unknown internet connection that has a 'very low' signal, this took forever compared to how quickly my desktop did it. If it wasn't for my sister's cats and my iPod for my own personal entertainment, I would've went insane. But then after everything upgraded and I restarted my laptop which can take five to ten minutes, I learned the thing that kicked me in the you-know-where. If I wanted to import anything from my iTunes library on my laptop, I would have to go and delete everything from my desktop's library that was on my iPod, and then sync whatever I wanted from my laptop. I immediately hit no, thought it over for a way around it, and then went to bed, disgusted. Now as I type this I wonder, "What would happen if something happened to my desktop and I needed a new one? Does that mean that I not only lose everything on there in means of songs, photos, and videos, but I must also delete them from my iPod?" Now I didn't take the time to look this up online yet as it's not a major problem yet, but I hope there's some way around it, like a hack that'll make your iPod/iTunes think it's the same one as another.

My other presents for Christmas included but are not limited to: nunchunk controller for the Wii, a fishing game for the Wii that I didn't know existed, a cooling station for the Wii with holds for two controller sets, camera binoculars that I can't use because my father wants to take them back and get better ones that they didn't have in the store at the time, iPod PowerBlock, iPod cover, clothes, $75 in gift cards for Borders, $25 in a gift card for the mall, and a $50 bill. In all though, it was a great Christmas, and it even snowed for three seconds!

I'd also like to mention a pretty bad accident that happened involving the Nintendo Wii yesterday. I was boxing with my cousin John on Wii Sports and I really was getting into it, when I whipped my hand back and felt that I hit something. I thought it was the rocking chair next to me. I looked over my shoulder and saw my niece, Willow, standing there, just starring at me, and then ran into the kitchen crying. I was yelled at by my father and felt pretty bad for the rest of the day. Then I turned into a bad mood and when my mother asked me to use my camera to take a picture of my nieces on their new Dora the Explorer bikes, I said, "I don't know. I might not be able to use any of my presents that I get anymore." I said this as I wasn't allowed to play the Wii for the rest of the night. My niece seemed to forgive me though, and that's all that matters, isn't it?

Well, I'm out of daily blog specials for the day, so I'm going to leave you with one last thing before I go.

Please join the forum!

Have a good one!

No comments: