Wednesday, December 06, 2006

New Wii

Last Wednesday I said farewell to my broken Wii, and sent it off to the UPS shipping service to be exported from this area and up to New York (which is the northern neighboring state, so not so far) and went totally Wii-less for a week. I was Wii-less even longer before then as my Wii broke the day right after it came out on November 20th. A week later, today, I came home from school to be rushed out the door to go get my physical at my doctor's when my mother quickly show me a box and said, "It's here." Well, while at the doctor's, I was thinking about the Wii most of the time (the other thoughts were of the three shots that I was getting and the uncomfortable physical) and how it may be the same console but fixed, or a whole new exchanged console. Or, if they just shipped the same one back, but broken. I'd flip out if they did, and throw the damn Wii out of the new living room windows. But luckily, the Wii worked, and it was a whole new one. Setup was a lot quicker though, because I already had the sensor bar and all the wires in their place, but just no console to plug them into. Actually, I had a little scare when I got home and tried the Wii. It's dark behind my wide screen TV and I'm practically color blind between the colors white and yellow (bad thing Runescape-wise concerning the mini-map) so I plugged the audio cord in the video, and vice versa. So, when I turned my Wii on to try it, the screen remained black as it did while my old one was broken. I was about to flip out when I realized I put the outputs in wrong, and quickly switched them to be greeted to the Wii actually showing up on my TV screen. "Press A to continue."

Craig later came over today as I was to tutor him for the Spanish test that we're taking tomorrow, and after studying which was around twenty to eight, we popped downstairs and played the Wii. As this console is new, that means the whole bunch of Miis my mother and I made were gone, and we quickly tried to make replicas of some, but besides Craig's Mii and my culture teacher's Mii (who wasn't on the old console), the rest didn't look the same at all. The fact of the Miis made me sad by itself, but then I realized that my Zelda save file would too be gone. That's not so bad though, as I wasn't too far -- but I don't know how I did this one thing that I did on my old save file, so hopefully I'll happen to do it again. Zelda is going to be my first console game where I'm not going to try and use a guide online, or published. Back to Craig and I playing the Wii: we played tennis, bowling, and golf. Craig, having played my old Wii, was very familiar with the controls, and even found out some things that I never knew. Sad, as I own the console and game, but damn you can give something to Craig and he'll find something unique about it -- he's amazing like that. The controls in the golfing game are sometimes pretty cheap, and the only controls I like are the tennis, bowling, and boxing controls. Baseball is just too hard to get used to right away. I really want Madden '06 for the Wii, as I was playing my old 2002 Playstation 2 version of the Sega Sports football the other day and realized how faulty it is. I also want Call of Duty 3, it looks sick and I heard the controls are amazing. Did I read any guides yet -- no. Should I? -- why? I like experiencing things without doing my research --only in video games though. Reviews just make you think that way about the game while playing it, so I'm going to try and stay away from them.

I think I'm going to go and look over my Spanish verbs a little bit more and then go downstairs and play the Wii with my mother for an hour. Hopefully this weekend I can get some Wii pictures up.

"Comment That Keyword!"

"runescape picture of dragon pickaxe"

As the dragon pickax is not yet out in Runescape (or who knows if it ever will be), it would be pretty hard to find a picture of it. However, I do remember that Jagex leaked an image on the top of their website a while back of the dragon pickax, but as for any in-game shots, I doubt there's any as...yet again, it's not out yet. I honestly don't think they should release dragon pickaxes. Why? Ores you can steal, trees you can't. Trees are random on when they fall down, and sometimes depending on the number of people and mostly not the ax, thus dragon axes are acceptable for that reason alone. However, ores people can steal. I'd hate to see a poor level 33 miner with an addy pickax go up against a level 89 miner with a dragon pickax mining the coal to make a rune item. Even the difference between rune and dragon would be great -- just look at the dragon woodcutting ax. There's my two cents, and now it's Wii-time for me!

Have a good one.

1 comment:

Jean footi said...

HEy buddy I made a blog, its calleed Dudeofroode.com