Friday, December 15, 2006

New Layout?

After celebrating our 300th post here at Buddy Foote's Blog v.2, I'm wondering if it is time for change here again. When I say change, I mean a great layout with the new Blogger beta additions such as the labels. When I say change, I mean saying good-bye to the blackness of BFBv.2 that we have seen in the background since July 24th, 2005 and moving on to a more complex design. To if any of this will actually pull through is a different story though, as the layout editor for Blogger beta seems very limited to me, it is without a doubt that Caitlin, who made the blog template we're currently enjoying as of today, and I will whip something up. To whether it be abstract, solid, or geometric, we will whip up some new layout. However with the new widgets and everything, it's going to complicated to a simple-minded person like myself. Hopefully Caitlin as the HTML knowledge to make up for my hiding talent. Main point though is that new changes will occurring in the future, and hopefully regular readers of BFBv.2 will agree with the changes, as it does help in navigating around the site which is a must as the site is growing more and more every week in blog posts and new and old readers alike can easily go through posts. This may not be a big deal for anybody, but it is for us here at BFBv.2, and especially myself as I hate change, but it's a must to catch on with the modern world. To actually see any changes, you're going to have to wait until well after Christmas. This process is going to take awhile, and just like the value that separates the bad movies or video games from the good ones is the time put into them, and how long it takes.

I have one thing to say: expect silver.

In other news...

I went with Jenifer and Bobby to Cinamark in Moosic yesterday evening to see Borat, as he was in the theaters for the last day yesterday. I have one thing to say about the movie -- it's freaking hilarious. Just the fact that the majority of the movie wasn't staged and many of the events were real and people did not know that they were being filmed until after anything happened is priceless. Just the character of Borat himself is great! The naked fight scene just puts the cherry filling in the pie and completes the movie. I'm not going to ruin anything else, but if you haven't seen it already, get Borat when it comes out on DVD.

Now I'm going to go and teach myself how to create a layout, and also how to fool around with hacks. Have a good one.

2 comments:

Leon said...

Congrats on the 300th. Many people give up before number 20. My main blog has over 1100 posts so I can't transfer it to the beta yet. :(

I haven't experimented with templates yet other than using the widgets which are nice. The new label system is wonderful.

Buddy Foote said...

Thanks for the congratulations.

Yes, I read that Blogger wasn't inviting very large blogs just yet, but as Blogger beta is in its last stages of beta, you'll no doubt be able to transfer over within a month or two -- or even before then.

I do agree that the new label system is great, but just the fact that you have to give up your current template just to have the newer features was a big letdown for me. Hopefully as more and more people convert over, there will be many more legal hacks to put into use.

Thanks for the comment. Have a good one.