Saturday, December 23, 2006

*NEW* #Foote_Chat Forums

Buddy Foote's Blog v.2 now has its own official forum/message boards, where readers and writers of the blog can meet together and throw up conversations and topics in the air to discuss, and rather than have the live IRC chat room #Foote_Chat, we'll now have the forums where everything will be written in stone. #Foote_Chat, not to be confused with our previous IRC room, still has some work to be done on it, but we won't know what to add or fix until we have active members test everything out and give us input on what to do. With your input in mind, we'll try to fix/add things to the best of our ability, but many of the options we have are limited. However, the offer we got for the forums could not be turned down, which is the reason why they even exist right this minute in the first place. I was surfing the internet looking for a 'free forum maker' out of curiosity of what was out there (I wanted a forum for when the new layout came out) and in the Google ads saw freepowerboards.com. I then clicked on it and saw that the site was having a special offer of getting premium user status of their forum service for free. At this moment I think it was always free, as I just went onto it and it has a countdown of three hours, and the other night I went on and it only had fourty-eight minutes left in the countdown -- maybe just something that you see and think, "Wow, I better join now!" What a great way to scam people, but only if these forums involved scams.

See, I drifted off onto another note that involved a story when instead it should be more about the forum, and not how the forum came to be. The forum is pretty basic at the moment and only has a handful of smaller forums, but yet again that's why member input is important. We will listen to what you have to say, and will consider adding any forums if we find them appropriate. Actually if you register, at the top of the forums is a small dashboard that has a link to my e-mail right there if you need to contact me for any reasons, serious or not. There is a category labeled "Topics of Interest" that has many different forums involving blogs, the arts, school and work, sports, movies, music, computers, video games, and for all Jagex lovers, Runescape. This will probably be the main area of discussion, but we also have the "Introductions and Farewells", "General Discussion" (for everything that doesn't fit in the other forums), and "Your Site Here", a forum where you can advertise your site once for free -- all you need is fifty posts.

Sign-up is easy. Click this link, and at the top of the page toward the middle in bold is "Register". From there you just have to follow the simple steps, and within minutes you'll be ready to post at the forums. Even if you aren't familiar at all with forums, we want you here. My first forum was a Harvest Moon one and I was a great member in its community, and just by that forum alone I always wanted to make a great, big, and successful forum, and to this day it has failed. Hopefully with #Foote_Chat we'll have something to go to everyday and make a comment or two in somebody's topic, or create a topic of our own to put or two cents into, and create a grand discussion. And when I say our, I really mean your. Our forum is your forum. We aren't mean admins and moderators who want to make everybody's life a living hell, but passionate and kind people who find themselves as equals to the rest of the members.

So jump on #Foote_Chat today, create an account, customize your avatar and signature (I have yet to work on mine), and begin off with a new topic in "Introductions and Farewells"! We're small now, but every single new member contributes to the future empire that we hope to be. Active members are even more welcomed.

In other news...

Today for me was Wii Day. Tomorrow's Christmas Eve and the next day Christmas, but today in my family, it was Wii Day. Wasn't the day that the Wii came out declared Wii Day by me? Yes, it was. But isn't everyday a Wii Day? My nephew slept over last night and last night and today he was playing the Wii. My mother, sister, and I too also played the Wii. Yesterday Opera for the Wii came out. I had troubles connecting to the Wii Shop Channel to download it, but on my third try it finally connected. The first site I went onto was this very blog, and I must say it looks pretty sexy on my HDTV television screen. It'll look even sexier with its new layout that Caitlin and I have yet to discuss (the forum got in the way). Anyway, it works great streaming videos from Google Video, but YouTube is a different story -- only certain videos work. And to confirm it, Runescape does not work on the Wii. It goes as far as the actual page that loads when a world is selected and then the bar at the top of the playing area loads with the world map and everything, but that's it. Mostly total blackness. What I really, really hate about it is that either my connection is bad or there's a minor problem with Opera but while surfing the internet on the Wii, it only lets you do so many pages before it just seems to give up and doesn't load anymore. I do actually think it's my connection because when I turned my Wii on today, the forecast channel couldn't connect right away and I had to go into it to check the weather besides quickly viewing the weather from the Wii Menu. I tested my connection and it worked fine, but I don't know, something is fishy. I mean, the internet router is right in the room next door to the living room and it has maximum bars when shown on the Wii Settings, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Oh, by the way, the forecast channel is really well done and the globe is very smooth, but the only downside is that there's not a lot of options dealing with weather besides today's forecast, tomorrow's forecast, and the five day forecast. And the UV index, who cares? We all know that there's a hole in the ozone layer and that we're screwed every time we walk out the door.

I just want to mention a grand accomplishment that I made on Wii Sports today. My rating on bowling is now pro, and the actual score is 1100+. My best record on bowling is a 218. And today I bowled two fourths (four strikes in a row). And I believe that my nephew is a natural gamer. He hardly played the Wii at all (actually this is one of his real first times playing it) and he was great! I mean, he got an eagle in golf, won two matches in boxing, hit the ball a lot in baseball, and got tons of spares and strikes in bowling. Goes to show that anybody can play the Wii. Just to note, my nephew is age five.

Now for the daily onslaught of daily blog specials:

/Life.Of.Foote\



"Comment Those Keywords!"

"what hospital was n0valyfe born in?"

I don't know about you, but this keyword just freaks me out a little bit. Not only does it freak me out, but I wonder why anybody would want to dive that deep into a famous Runescape player's life like that for. I mean, unless you know somebody in his family that's closely linked to n0valyfe would you only know this answer. Like, it's sad that he's gone from Runescape, but do you really have to hunt down the location of where this great man first came into life? What's next? His mother's maiden name? Unless somebody is trying to recover his password and this is a question, then you really sicken me.

"somebody's account for runescape"

Why are these keywords always Runescape? C'mon here, I talk about the Nintendo Wii and general things in life, and really rarely does a good keyword concerning those pop up. Sure there's one concerning the San Andreas hot coffee mod (that was so, like, summer '05) and "wii runescape" (Runescape does not work on the Wii), but even that last one had Runescape in it!

Anyway, these keywords aren't even specific half the time. Sure, maybe "runescape the answer to clue scrolls 00 degrees 20 minutes south 23 degrees 15 minutes east" is specific, but then we have "runescape, sleeping cap". Yea, what about the sleeping cap? Want a picture? Want to know what it does? Want to know how much it costs? Like, c'mon here! When I look up what lions eat I don't type in "Africa lions"; I type in "what do lions eat in central Africa?"

As with the matter of this keyword that's causing me to burst a bubble, whose account on Runescape? Uh? What do you want to do with somebody's account? Do you want a random name of an account? Do you want to hack the account? Do you want a bank picture of somebody's account? What do you want with somebody's Runescape account!? This is going to drive me crazy!

And to the next keyword...

"easiest game maker"

If this keyword was in question forum, I'd raise my hand and proclaim, "RPG Maker XP!" Sure, it's a game maker mostly dealing with RPGs, but yet again the keyword wasn't specific enough for me to clarify myself. Most people would say that Game Maker is the easiest, but I actually have a hard time understanding it -- mostly because I'm pretty stupid when it comes to stuff like that. RPG Maker XP is simple and easy, yet knocks a powerful enough punch to make a pretty advanced and in-depth game. Plus you even have the coding system if you want to go the extra mile and incorporate something big into your game that you couldn't do with the basic events. The concept of switches is a must to understand, but as it is with almost every game maker. It's a simple concept though, along with variables, but a concept that, at the same time, can be used together to create the biggest internet game of the century.


I'm done here. Merry Christmas and have a good one. See, I wasn't specific. Did I mean have a good Christmas or did I mean have a good day? Maybe I meant both? But if so, shouldn't I have said 'have a good two'?

No comments: