Sunday, December 24, 2006

Sick on Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas Eve =) I came on just for a smidge to make sure I wrote a quick blog before the actual Christmas since I said I would. Well, not much is going on right now, and unfortunately I will be spending this year's holiday sick. I have a really bad cold that my brother gave to me. I have pretty much all the symptoms on the back of my medicine box, which include coughs, body aches, headache, stuffy&runny nose, sneezing, itchy&watery eyes, and a sore throat. I tend to sneeze a lot when I get a cold, I don't know, maybe everyone does, but I honestly sneezed every 15-30 minutes all day today, and as a result my one right eye is watering like a fountain plus my whole body hurts. Ah, I even feel like I am going to sneeze right now :P -scrunches nose- I mostly lounged around today, played Runescape, drank tea, blew my nose, and played PacMan on PlayStation 2. I am still excited for Christmas though. ^^

Yesterday was when I first started to feel sick, while at school on Friday my throat just hurt a tiny bit. That's always a warning for me that I'll be getting sick. I did stop by my friend Heather's house yesterday afternoon to exchange gifts. She got me pajamas, an ornament with my name on it, plaid socks, and a backpack with plaid interior. I absolutely adore it all! I got such awesome gifts from my great friends this past week and it's not even Christmas day yet! :P -hugz yooh all- I also brought a holiday figurine and card for Heather's mother who is sweet as pie. -achoooo!- It turned out that my mother and her mother had this wonderful conversation that lasted, hm, it had to be an hour, so I got to run off into Heather's room and hang out for a bit. I think she really liked my gift, and one of the things I got her were these little sparkly jewel pieces that her and I plan to glue some around our belly buttons and nails during the summer. I was telling her that if I have a pool birthday party, or even anything else, we can wear these tube tops we got and show off our sparkly belly buttons. Haha :P Ah, I miss summer time. I also gave her this horse figure from my collection. When I was little I had this whole set of ponies with different color real hair, and they all smelled pretty. Well, I was dying to give Heather something horse-related since she loves horses, and I have my one favorite horse figure on my dresser so I thought I'd pick one from my collection and give it to her so she too can add it on her dresser. She seemed to really like it. ^^ It was a last minute idea I grabbed practically as I was leaving for her house.

Since I am in this strange mood to keep on typing more on this blog (probably because I am sick and writing is keeping my mind away from sneezing..oh dear I feel one coming now, lol), well I want to mention the book I finished reading the other day, and the new one I started today. I finished my previous novel, "A Northern Light", that was almost 400pgs long and my book for SAT prep, so now I am unsure what to do but I want to keep on reading because I get on a roll and fall for novel after novel. I even told my teacher I will probably just keep going, it'd be hard for me to stick with one a while anyway. Well, "A Northern Light", by Jennifer Donnelly was a great book! It was centered around this teen girl's life, Mattie Gokey, set in the early 1900's. Let me tell you, I seem to adore books set in that time, when the United States was so different than today with people struggling to get by in their everyday life, and in reality it was only really 100 years ago (1906 was the exact date for this story). Mattie has a goal she wants to achieve in life, and that dream is to go off to college and pursue her interest in writing. She is a brilliant girl, in the top two of her small schoolhouse class, (her African American friend Weaver is up there with her), and they both have to take tests they must pass to get admission into Barnard College. In her time, reading and writing was mainly out casted because the main focus was to farm and for women to care for and bore children. Mattie loves books and words. She picks a word of the day (which helped my SAT vocab. list grow by almost 2 pages!) and uses it somewhere in her daily conversations that day. I remember in the story Mattie cherishes every book her teacher, Miss Wilcox, ever lends to her, including stories by famous authors I was reading in school at the time like Emily Dickinson and Louisa May Alcott (the author of my favorite book, Little Women). In order for Mattie to go off to college she needs to earn the money for the train ride and board. It's quite interesting to read how things turn out, especially when it seems for a time that this young man, Royal Loomis, sweeps her off her feet and asks to marry her, which may definitely alter her intentions at certain points. Although he even makes fun of her "reading dem silly books and writing dose words on papers", she is able to put that aside, which is something that would probably make me upset because don't you think if you were in love and to marry somebody, you would want them to support your interests, right? I won't say much further since I don't want to ruin the story for you in case somebody out there is interested in picking up a good young adult novel. -sneezes!- :P

Today I started the book, "Gimme a Kiss", by Christopher Pike, and it's another juicy teen murder mystery. Some of his books truly spook me. Maybe when I finish that one I'll write about my book's plot again. I am starting to love writing just as much as I love to read, so why not? =D I think it will be fun. ^.^

My last paragraph here will speak about my time spent Runescaping it up. Haha. I got my defense tied with the rest at level 30, and started to go off and mine iron so I can raise my pretty low smithing level. :P It was a relaxing game to sit back and play yesterday and today since I have been sick and all. Unfortunately, I have no interesting stories that occurred to write about, but maybe something will happen soon...a good something! ;P I guess that will be it, since I have to go take some medicine and lie down so Santa Claus can come in peace, y'know? ;-) I don't have a daily blog special prepared for today and no time to find one since my brother wants to go on and I had to go 10 minutes ago but ran into major computer problems. My new so -called fast internet is having major problems and pages won't load so I am lucky if I can even get this posted. I do apologize though. I will try writing Tuesday or Wednesday about my Christmas, therefore until then I wish you all the Best and Merry Christmas possible. =)

No comments: