Saturday, December 16, 2006

Volunteering

Hello, it's Caitlin. I have been in a writing mood the past few days so this may be a long entry. We'll just have to wait and see. :P

I didn't have the greatest week. I was not feeling or doing well, to the point where I had an emergency and had to go home Wednesday after 3rd period. I just did not feel good at all, and continued to not be so well the next day. I am doing much better now, I hope I can say anyways, but feeling bad makes it hard to get through school sometimes. I don't like being sick, who does? =/

Today I went in to volunteer at the library again. It just keeps getting more and more fun for me! I absolutely love it there =) Maybe you can't relate, but I have been going to libraries for years and always wished I could spend hours there to just search and stay there for awhile. xD Now I actually have that chance, and it's pretty fun ^.^ I came in for three hours today, and went right upstairs to meet with Mark, who is a 9th grader that works there. (Boy! When he told me for the first time today he was only in 9th grade I almost fainted. He looks like he could be a senior, and I thought he was, so I was shocked I am actually older than him :P) Mark is a really funny kid, and easy to talk to. I get along with him very well as he is very friendly. I helped him around upstairs this afternoon, and he gave me the big whoop-de-doo tour of the crazy confusion order of the children's books. He has got to have that library memorized inside&out, because I was like "woah." Then, it gets better! He taught me how to help patrons by showing me what to do on the computer in order for me to check books in and out for people. I was SO SO excited! I couldn't stop smiling, I ALWAYS wanted to do that!!! I was like jumping up and down. =) Ah Ah Ah I loooovvveee scanning books and hearing that "beep, beep, beep" sound, saying "Have a nice day!" to people and sitting behind the desk as if I actually work there! (: Haha, yeah, so I am a little stoked, that's alright though, I mean, I feel so privileged and I have tons of fun. My friend John was there volunteering again and he is really funny, yet scary. :P Before I get to the funny part, he and I were talking for a little and I found out that according to him I am technically getting volunteer hours much earlier than needed to join the National Honor Society, and that this year he thinks I only need to meet the other requirements, but it's good to get an early start and won't hurt. This isn't bad news or anything, I enjoy volunteering very much, and it will look terrific on a college transcript paper of stuff you do that I volunteer in the community. xD Hehe ^^ Okay so back to John, he was jokingly calling me names like "loser" in front of these two little girls and I was getting all into it and the little girls were like to John "I am gonna call the police on you! Stop calling her names! We'll get you in trouble and say you killed her." John replies "WhAT!? I didn't kill her, what will you do when the police see she's alive and you lied! Huh, huh HUH!?" and they go "Well, we will make her go hide!" And I was laughing like nuts, because the whole thing and more was just so funny. Then John pretended to act dead to show the little girls he could, and he literally laid flat on the tabletop and rolled around moaning. It was a good time, and we had doughnuts, and then everyone including Mark kinda just fooled around until John left. Then I put some books away, and Mark had his laptop with him so I told him how I want one and we talked about dial-up connections and how slow they are, but he brings his laptop to the library which anyone can do and use their free fast connection. My gooodnessssss!! He was on YouTube loading music videos so music could play for the kids, and he asked out loud to nobody in particular, "Name a song!" so I yelled out "Make you smile by Plus 44!" and I guess he typed it in because the next thing I knew it started playing and I flipped out, ran over, sighed, and went over to exclaim how much I like that song and how shocked I am that music like that can just load uber fast and how I have spent hours searching on my home computer to listen to that song somewhere on the internet where it worked yet came up empty-handed. Then he let me sit by his laptop for a little while so I could listen and maybe search for more songs I liked, while I was finishing up some of my Math homework, but then he had to go. He was about to go when he was told of one more job to do (bringing an old refrigerator downstairs) and I was going to help him. Well, we went and got a dolly, and then when Mark opened the fridge there was that gross-smelling water that drips from air-conditioners inside, I forget what it's called, and it started spilling everywhere and got on the carpet and I was just standing there, not knowing what to do, and I told Mark to go get the librarian. :P Haha it was hilariousss and I can't help but laugh! xD So he told the librarian and she said just let it go for now, & then he went home, I surfed the internet for a while, signed on Runescape for 5 minutes so my brother could trade me some items he had saved for me, did a math problem, then checked out my OWN books, and went home ;-)

As you can tell, I had a good day volunteering. I wish Steve would have came once or twice since I think he'd like it. :P I asked him awhile back if he wanted to go and collect hours, but now as someone might have filled me in wrong and we may not need hours right away (I'm not sure) he doesn't have to, unless he wanted to, like me xD To be honest, I don't know how many or when I need hours anymore. I know some of my friends got a number of volunteer hours collected over the past summer and they told me I needed it, but either way I guess I'll have it and it can only help me, y'know? (:

I played Runescape last night for a little bit and then this morning. I have been working on fighting random monsters to raise my Strength and Defense levels, so they are at least 30 like my Attack. Then I think I want to go back to mining and smithing, magic, and ranged. I want to try raising all the levels of stuff I have tried out, tied with my other skills at a minimum of lvl 30 :P I was fighting Barbarians for awhile because I simply wasn't in the mood to go down in the Security Stronghold. It's not as exciting and packed with people down there xD On my way to drop off items in the bank, this one guy started following me and said "Hello", I replied and he asked "How are you?" I continued the conversation, saying I was "Fine, and you?" I usually ignore this type of thing but I guess I felt like talking to someone, lol. He wanted to be my friend, and had levels higher than me so I just said "um sure" to be nice. I told him I was fighting barbarians at the moment and he took me down that manhole behind Varrock to fight skeletons and scorpions but I didn't follow him for that long because my brother scared me saying he was going to take me somewhere where I could be attacked and die. Haha. Therefore I logged out and "hid" for awhile, but I think I'll stay down in that manhole for awhile, we'll see what happens. :]

Now it is time for my Daily Blog Special. I signed up on my friend Audrey's site to be sent a weekly Girly Newsletter. I read it today and it had some neat fun facts and the celebrity of the week was this cute singer I like, Teddy Geiger, pictures included. I thought I'd share some of my favorite facts and two adorable pics of Teddy as my DBS thanks to Audrey and her fun newsletter she puts together. (:

Radically Random...

*It's illegal to have a pet dog in Iceland!
*One out of every seven birds in the world is a finch.
*A plucked eyebrow takes nearly 90 days to grow back!
*Most Americans have a favorite color of blue.
*One third of Earth's fresh water is located in Canada.
*An average person has a vocabulary of 45,000 words!

Teddy Geiger


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: