Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Death

As regular readers, if I have any, may know, I have three leopard geckos. Apollo, Ecko, and Roxie. Well, yesterday, an accident happened and now today I only have two leopard geckos. Apollo, the youngest leopard gecko who I raised two weeks after my green anole, Buddy, died, faced the deed of death.

It happened yesterday around six in the eveing, when I was just about to write an entry on this blog, thinking of what to write when I heard a scream and a big flash of light coming from the living room. I ran in to see Molly running by me with the geckos' cage knocked over and even the dog's coop knocked over in which they were on top of. Apollo, Roxie, and Ecko were all okay at first. I ran upstairs, grabbed a box, and we put all three of them in there while we cleaned up. I was outside, finishing off washing the cage by drying it, when I heard shouts from my mother. I was ticked off at the time because we got into a fight and ignored her. When I came in to put the paper towel back up on the roll, I saw her crying on the chair by the box which was on the table.

Apollo was just lying there, eyes closed, legs positioned back. He was still alive for he was hardly breathing and opened his mouth two or three times like he was struggling to get something out. He also pooped out a little dung. His body was twitching a little bit, eyes closed, but then he didn't move anymore and laid there for two hours with a paper towl over him. He was dead. Later on when my father came home, we burried him out on the side of the house by the old porch and bush.

It's hard losing something. I was heartbroken, and still am. Even though I believe animals have souls and go somewhere after death, let it hopefully be heaven, my Christain faith tells me that animals do not have a soul. I remember in about fourth grade, I believe it was March 11th, when my grandmother's cat, Muffins, died of old age. She was about, say, 15-years old.That same day I had CCD class around four in the afternoon (this was a Monday after school). Our teacher had us say a special prayer everyday we were in class and we'd raise our hands and say something that we'd want to pray about, mostly somebody being sick or dying. Well I told her that my cat died and then in a extreme measure of being rude, she said, "Animals do not go to heaven. They don't have souls. Your cat is just dead." That really hurt me. I wanted to kick her. I didn't want to believe it, and I still don't. Just the other day at CCD we were talking about animals not having souls. I didn't say anything, but I don't believe it. I'll believe everything else my faith tells me besides that animals don't have a soul.

And now I'm off to Craig's to help each other with homework. Have a good day. And to add a little factor, my friend's, Kyle, dog died yesterday also so we both suffered a loss. Although now I'm taking it okay. I know he's gone but, he's gone. Nothing could've been changed. It was just a freak accident that my fat dog jumped up to get a bone, got her fingernails caught in the blanket that was under the cage, and brought everything down. I forgot to say how it happened so there you go. Now I'm off. Bye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im a christian with a leo and i would DIE if she (Venus) did. :(. please accept my deepst apologies.
your humble servant,
punjab

Buddy Foote said...

Thank you, I accept them.

Leos are great pets to have, espically for beginner pet owners being that they're easy to raise, feed, and handle. Just don't grab them by the tail.

Weird how my lizard who died, Apollo, and your leo, Venus, both have space-related names...