Sunday, September 04, 2005

An Exciting Weekend

After this weekend occurring, I don't want to go back to school. It felt like summer. It felt like you had no worries in the world like I had during the past four days of school. Although there's that lock on my back that I have two quizzes when I return to school Tuesday (pre chemistry and Spanish), a math quiz Thursday, and my first book test in English Friday on Shane. Plus I have home economics homework and pre chemistry homework. Actually I just realized I don't have pre chemistry until Wednesday...

Anyway, it started Friday night. High school football has begun. Deja vu from last year. I'm not into watching NFL football or college football, but I'm into high school football 100%. It was the Lakeland Chiefs (away) up against the West Scranton Invaders (home). In case you don't know me in person, then I'll tell you that our team is the Chiefs. The first quarter is up, Lakeland receives. Although I don't remember the details in the middle, I believe at the end of the first quarter, the school was 0-0. Second quarter; Invaders score twice, making no field goals. 0-12. Lakeland is a second half team, meaning if they're losing in the first half, they come back in points. And we did. By the time the fourth quarter came along, the score was tied; 12-12. Time for over-time. The rules were that you started on the tenth yard, in which you had four tries (your four downs) to get a touchdown, or in some cases a field goal. Invaders went first and on their first down received their touchdown; 12-18. Lakeland's turn. We do some running plays until we advance closer. Our next step, the goal line. A penalty's called on Lakeland making us move back either five yards or ten. We do our last play for hope. We're blocked. We lose.

After a twenty-five year winning streak, Lakeland loses their first game. Without a doubt that's because we don't have Joe Tuzze. He graduated last year as a senior and is now in a college in Ohio playing college football and even started in a game yesterday. Hopefully we'll come back this coming Friday when we're home and going aganist Central Mountain.

Not to metion, Corey took me to this game, and more than half last season. Kyle also came with us.

As of graditude for Corey always taking me to the football games, I thought I'd take him to a fair, the GDS fair. He said it was the best fair he ever went to, even beats an amusement park. Without even speaking, he convinced me to go on some rides I'd never go on. Such as the Round-Up, a ride in which you stand up and go around in circles fast at different angles. Another one being the Zipper or as we called it, the Salt-and-Pepper Shakers. I believe that was it's former name once. That's the ride in which you go inside of a small cage and the ride goes around, yet the cage spins meaning you go upside-down and the like. I almost banged my head off the front of it once. Another rides we went on were the Swinging Ship, the Rock-and-Roll, and the other one in which I can't remember the name. Also the Twilt-A-Whirl and were two others. I came home motion sick being that we went on the ship three times (two in a row) and the Round-Up twice in a row. Also we watched the Rodeo for about an hour but left because it was getting cold, so we went on a ride, and had some coffee.

Yes. After this weekend, school will suck even more. My schedule change worked out okay, but I still don't agree with it. If we didn't have credits this year that went toward our graduation, I'd have taken a study hall fifth period everyday. So today I'm going to start my homework and start studying, but being that I remembered that pre chemistry is Wednesday, not Tuesday, I might hold off til five to do homework or study for anything. I have all Labor Day anyway.

Today I was fooling around with a program called Cam Studio, in which it made screen captures of your computer in the format of an .avi file. It doesn'twork too well, espically with Runescape. It lagged in both high detail and low detail. Plus the file sizes were high; 30 mb. That makes me wonder if a simple clip of a video game is going to cost me 30 mb, how much would an actual movie I taped off of a digital video recorder cost me in bytes? I'm looking into buying one (video blog anyone?), but I can't share huge files over the internet unless I can find a good, free host. I'm a cheap person. Everything in my mind on the internet has to be free.

Let's see if I have any interesting bookmarks for you. I have Sexy Tummies, Runescapers Portal, Starry Bliss, UFO Evidence, and (time for a random StumbleUpon site) Google Maps. I agree with that random page 100%.

Have a good weekend and Labor Day! Peace be with victims of the hurricane.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey omigosh thanks for listing my site!!! That was very very nice of you to do and I was so shocked! Hey so thanks so much!!!!=D=D