Thursday, September 22, 2005

Time to Rest

Of course I wish that was the case. I'm ripping my hair out trying to find Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for the PC on Limewire. No, I'm not doing illegal actions. I'm rebelling aganist Jack Thompson. Why? Because if GTA:SA was at Wal-Mart, I'd go and buy it. I have the money. But guess what? You can't buy it anywhere around where I live so that means order it off the internet, Ebay, or drive to a store two hours away to get it. I refuse to get it those ways. First of all, my father would have to pay for it even more ordering it over the internet and with the cost of gas these days, sheesh. With Hurricane Rita coming now in the Gulf, there goes a couple of more oil rigs. Next there'll be an earthquake in the ocean that destroys the oil pipes, polluting the ocean and making gas go up to five dollars within a day. It could happen someday. Wow, I'm off-topic.

So anyway, I'm downloading a 512 MB program off of Limewire. Most likely won't work because I once downloaded a 131 MB program that turned out to be GTA III. It did take me forever to find Sim City 4 to download and I failed millions of times but that's because I didn't have a .rar reader and .rar files are normally the actual game. Although what I'm downloading is a .zip folder which probably contains even more spyware than I already have. If you think that pop-ups were annoying while navigating through Internet Explorer, try doing homework on the computer and a pop-up just comes out of nowhere, screwing up eveything. Most of you reading this probably have a spyware problem or I'm the only one missing out on a way to get rid of them, forever.

Why do I want GTA:SA for the PC? The pictures. I want to take pictures and share them right here on my blog. I'll do that in the meantime until I get a new digital camera. Once I got a digital camera with awesome zool, LCD, and a huge memory card, I'll be taking zillions of pictures. This'll make the blog brighten up. Although I've been ranting since I first started my old blog about getting a new camera so...I'm waiting until Christmas. But anyway, I loved taking pictures of the vast landmarks of the state of San Andreas. Although I couldn't share them over the internet because it's on my PS2. Why couldn't I take a picture with a digital camera? I hope you were paying attention and reading. It's because my camera takes sucky pictures. I mean it just sucks. It runs on batteries you have to change! It doesn't even have a LCD or memory card! It can't zoom! All I use it for is the great software it came with for taking screen captures.

Also, the graphics are a tad bit better for the PC version of GTA:SA including draw distance. It's all about the draw distance! It's all about going for a hike to the top of a mountain and seeing all of the land below you. Not going up there and seeing a blue ground. Draw distance always made me mad beause it was poor on the PS2. Also you can have your own custom radio station so I'm not complaining. Also there's the Hot Coffee.

So far it's going at 4 KB, I'm 1% done, and it should take a day and fourteen hours. Plus it probably won't be what I want. I'm tying eDonkey...

No comments: