Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Fall's A-Coming

I have to say, this really sucks. Fall's coming. Sure you have the advantages of football including high school football and the cool weather might make some happy after we had the hottest summer on record this year, but that's just the problem. I like the heat and hate the cold. I'd rather be muggy and hot besides windy and cool. Like in the summer, when you step out of the shower, you feel warmth because of how hot it is outside and it helps you get dried. Now in the fall/winter/early spring, you get out of the shower and you feel the cold air, and you feel like running back into the shower again. Thankfully in the winter of last year, my brain has adjusted to this knowledge and I put the towel on the top of the shower and my watch hanging up on the shower's knob so that I'd know how much time I'd have left until the bus would come. And just the feeling of having to get up for school on a cold winter morning and having to leave your nice and warm blankets behind on your warm bed will make anybody swirm.

The last two days, I've been playing football with friend's at the Lion Club's field. That's why I haven't really been around much because I got home after eight and wasn't permitted on the computer for no reason at all. Another bad thing about fall coming is that it gets dark earlier. I can't even enjoy playing football with my friends in Mayfield because it gets dark at eight, and then I have to rush a mile plus to get home. Another bad thing about that is that I have to cross the dreaded Route 107, the busiest road running through Jermyn heading up to the country. Sometimes I wait there for five minutes while other times, I get there and I can cross right away. It's like playing the lottery. Maybe Washington Avenue is the most congested. Not sure on this.

When coming home yesterday on my bike, I already realized that there were dried up leaves on the road. Another sign fall is coming. The trees are losing their leaves. This also too sucks because I enjoy green foliage. Sure, when all of the leaves are brown, purple, orange, etc. they're beautiful to view; espically from a high mountain. But shortly after like in a blink of an eye, they're gone, and we're left with tree branches. The only good thing is that it makes visability through forests better, say for hunting.

Plus next Tuesday, Augest 30th, school. So many rumors are running around that my brain is hurting. So far it's confirmed that we have a new principal from the North Pocono School District. His name is Mr. Hanney. Don't laugh yet please. It's also confirmed that we have survillance camera in the school now. So far, they're in the school's common, the lunch room, and in the hallways. There's been a rumor going around lately that they were also in the gym's locker rooms, but that'd be aganist our private rights. Another rumor is ABC lunches. Almost everybody has heard of this. So far, the rumors about this are pretty spread out. Some say it's all the grades from A-H, I-P, and Q-Z having three seperat lunches together. Some say it's just how it's always been, two grades together raging from 7-8, 9-10, and 11-12, but that you have to sit by your peers in ABC order. More rumors about our former 7th grade teacher and 8th grade teacher moving grades is going around. More than half of the people stating this says our former 7th grade teacher is moving to 8th grade while some are saying that we're going to have her this year in 9th. Rumors are pretty confusing here too. Plus rumors are going around and so far they're confirmed that us, the 9th grade, still have the ancient green lockers besides the new and freash blue lockers that the rest of the school has. We shall all find out in a week however, and some will find out in two days when the 7th grade goes up to the school for orientation.

I believe this entry is big enough so I'll leave you with only one link. I'm trying to learn Dynamic HTML (DHTML) and some elements of XHTML in this one book I bought a long time ago but wasn't too interested in it because I was slow on learning HTML. That all changed when I came across this site called HTML Goodies a while back. There, I learned the basics and advanced elements of HTML and I still am. If you're wondering the book I'm reading is called, it's HTML Complete: Third Edition. However the price tag is $24.99, so stick with HTML Goodies if you're cheap.

Good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi..I don't know why I'm taking the time to comment, but I am since I have a site to refer you to but first, I agree with you about fall coming, and some of the school rumors I hadn't heard of yet, but all the talk of that "abc lunch" was making me mad...I can't even begin to imagine what it'd be like. >=(
Also, learning HTML really isn't that hard. Another great site that you may not have heard of, is lissaexplains.com =) Well good luck, ttyl