Thursday, August 04, 2005

Firefox is on my Bad Side

I have been saying for a while now that I perfer to use Firefox over Internent Explorer any day of the week but today I got ticked off at it. It seems that I had to create a new user profile to use it because my default wasn't working. This meant all my saved passwords, cookies, bookmarks, themes, etc. were not on the new profile. I was freaking out because I had so many bookmarks that I needed and collect and didn't want to loose them. Thankfully I have gotten them back otherwise I wouldn't be posting here right now because I'm too lazy to type in http://blogger.com. I know, you're amazed I can write a huge blog but I'm too lazy to type in a simple URL. I'm like that.

If this ever happens to you on Firefox what I have stated above and you want back your bookmarks, do the following. I'm using Windows XP so other computers like Mac and Linux may differ.

  1. Locate your older, default folder. You do this by doing so. C:/ drive, Documents and Settings, Owner (or whoever you are), Application Data, Mozilla, Firefox, Profiles, ...(your old profile; most likely default)
  2. If you cannot get to Application Data, that's because you can't view hidden folders. To do so, go to your explorer (the window in which you view folders and files in) and view the top. Go to Tools > Folder Options. Go down to where it says you can view hidden files and make sure it's bulleted.
  3. Now go to your Firefox browser and go to Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks. Then go to File > Import. Then select "From files" and click continue (or next). Select bookmarks.bat from the folder that I showed you how to get to and import it.
  4. There you go. If you're confused, then contact me through my e-mail that's located in my profile. You most likely will be confused because I stink at giving out instructions plus what I did was probably harder than what somebody with more knowledge than me can do.
This all got me fueled up because I was going to show a picture of what somebody drew to a friend that I saved on Imageshack (the only way he can really view pictures because he has parental controls which nobody deserves to have) but couldn't because it wasn't there. Then I had to re-register Imageshack through my e-mail and all of that stuff that takes away minutes from my life. Everything's working fine now and I downloaded my old silver skinned theme back so life's good for now.

Now if I come on tomorrow and this newer profile isn't working, there's going to be trouble and it's called mallet meets hard drive.

No comments: