Saturday, August 27, 2005

Finally. A Microphone.

Even better yet, a headset. Today, the family (which for us contains my mother, father, nephew, and me) went to Honesdale shopping and enjoying the day. At Wal-Mart though, I finally got what I wanted. A microphone. But the microphone costs $10 and there was a nice looking headset next to it, saying everything the microphone for $10 offered, plus you get the headphones with it combined and it was only $5 greater so I went for it. They're great. It took me a while, sadly enough, to figure out how to mute the "Line In" and have the microphone audio boosted for greater sound (sounded like crap before) but otherwise, it's going to be well used. I recommend it. Sure it may be cheap (note bought at Wal-Mart) but they'll work for now. I tried out the voice recongition again on MS Word and it still confuses my speech for other words, but not as bad. I can't wait to try it out on AIM however, maybe even Google Talk.

Today I worked at Dablaise's pizzeria again in Peckville, across from Joey's Pizza, and we were working on building a counter with countertop. But we needed wood and supplies so after my father got the measurements he needed, we headed out. First we went to PJ's Hardware Store in Peckville, but then we went to Dickson City which has Lowes and Home Depot. So on the way there, we passed through Olyphant.

Don't expect me to tell you that I felt some sort of weird energy, saw a UFO, etc. but I did see three of the churches. We were going down main street when I saw a street sign for West Lackawanna (Yes. I read street signs while being in the passenger side of a car for fun.) and I remembered somebody saying they went down that street to get to the churches on a site (I think NEPABlog) so I figured we were in Olyphant. I turned around to look at I saw three magestic churches in the distance. At least I know where they are now. Just by the Giant Market...

I'll be heading to my hunting cabin tomorrow morning for a work party, chopping firewood, so night...

No comments: