Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Cannot Post...

Wanting to spread the word of my player-owned shops idea, I resorted to the Runescape Community forums to post it in the suggestion board. Being new to this part of the forum (I'm only familar with the marketplace ) I read the pinned rules and came to the Do Not Suggest List. So I'm reading through the list and after getting so far I thought, "It should be okay to make a new thread then about my shop idea." Then, the very last "do not suggest" (#45) says the following:

45. Player Owned Houses/Shops
Jagex has announced they will be adding Player-Owned-Houses, and until they do we have no clue what to expect. Consider these suggestions banned from now until they are added.

Well, the good news is that Jagex is adding player-owned houses. Now I don't see how that is going to work out unless they made a housing development of some sort where everybody built there houses in one big block of a map. That's why I suggested a marketplace/flea market area for the player-owned shops because the marketplace is already there, you just walk in and rent a stall. When player-owned housing comes out and it's the way I think it's going to be, there will be houses spread all across Runescape. And you have the problem of servers. When you switch servers, will your house go with you? If so, your house might overlap another. I just don't see this happening.

Unleased way back when I first joined Runescape said that the houses we build might only be visable to us. Well, that ruins the whole idea of it. People will be walking throuh the walls of your house because it's not there to them, only you. I don't see that happening either, and it destroys the whole idea of a shop.

Whatever Jagex does though will hopefully turn out very positive and I'll agree with it 100%. I'll have to do more research though on player-owned houses and what Jagex is doing so far in their development of this new feature/skill. I guess this new skill is carpentry. In that case, we can make chairs out of wood which I wouldn't be surprised if that was the only thing Jagex gave us.

Also, Zult made a point yesterday. Even if they never came out with player-owned shops and demand was high for them, Jagex would just sit back and say that we have our internet forums to go on to sell our goods. And I agree. Our forums save them the trouble of having to put up any player-owned shops right away. Maybe they're just all talk about this new feature, getting us excited, but really they won't release it and we'll just go on using the forums. And if everybody shut down the marketplaces in forums, Jagex woud just say, "Your lost. For members there's one on our site."

C'mon player-owned shops, we need you.

Anyway just now the "mystery picture" I posted early this morning was guessed correctly. The correct answer was indeed the Nintendo Gamecube:



I don't think I'm going to have another mystery picture because I really have nothing to do it with.

Anyway, have a good one. Time for me to do some research on player-owned houses.




No comments: