Friday, December 02, 2005

A Lot of SA Pictures

While trying to download a 16 MB San Andreas user created movie from the internet and failing because it would stop at 50-90% done, I looked at the other sections of the downloading area and decided that I'll download the 10x draw distance mod. With the preview picture on that page, you can see the skyscrapers of Los Santos from the far side of Las Venturas on the strip. I was amazed. Talking to DrakeGTA last night on GoogleTalk, I was discussing the mod with him and he was slighty amazed too, without even seeing any pictures. Now this is a treat to him and for any reader. I used to complain all of the time about the PS2 version of San Andreas's draw distance. Now the PC version makes up for that. And now, this mod makes up for that. Although it's quite glitchy and with your camera, you have to zoom in on a certain point to get a clear shot because in some occasions, the locations in the distance would blink blue on and off and sometimes if you're on high elevation, like Mt. Chillad, the ground below you would dissapear. But besides that, this mod makes nice pictures.

Now for the pictures. I have a lot so bear with me.




With the SA admin console, I set my Pizza Boy so that it's weight was 50 tons, enabling it to hit any car and push that car along like a toy. Say having an army tank that would push along a car without having it explode. It was fun. Here's a shot of an unlucky fellow that I pushed off of a bridge in the desert.



Here's a little glimpse of the draw distance mod, although at night you're not going to get too much out of it.



Here's another unlucky guy I knocked off of the road.



It's still night here so you don't really get too much out of this picture, but you could clearly see the desert pretty good from the Big Pointy Building in San Fierro.



After taking the last picture, I jumped off the Big Pointy Building without a parachute (remember with my SA admin console that I have it set so CJ can never die) to experience my very first glitch with the mod. This was actually a major glitch which I fixed by turning my night goggles on and turning them back off. As you can see, everything is blue and appears cartoony through the shadows. The light is a normal color however. Looks like something messed around in Photoshop but clearly it isn't. Has also a cel-shaded look to it...



And it starts to get light out as I go back onto the Big Pointy Building. Here's a picture of Mt. Chillad and the San Fierro Airport, both seen perfectly clear from the building. Also as you can see in the right of the picture, some city blocks are not visable because the data probably didn't clearly load. A glitch I got a lot.



I don't know but I believe that's supposed to be fog setting in the bay. As you can see, great draw distance but still a lot of land didn't clearly load for me.



The whole Gant Bridge area seen from the top of the Big Pointy Building.



After taking the last picture, I teleported here using the SA admin console and then using the jetpack to get half-way up Mt. Chillad, I shot this wonderful picture of the San Andreas countryside. Note the Los Santos skyscrapers in the background.



From the same location as above, I zoomed in on my camera and got a nice shot of the Santa Maria Beach, including lighthouse and pier.



Now here is a major glitch that I started getting from this point on. As you can see, Mt. Chillad, the very ground below me that I was standing on, dissapeared and I was able to see San Fierro, also glitched up, in the place that the mountain path should be.



I then traveled to the very top of Chillad and took this picture. Appears to be glitch-free.



The bike race route going down the mountain.



Zooming in on Missionary Hill and it's structure from the highest point on Chillad.



An airplane that flew over my head. I realized that less planes fall from the sky on you in the PC version. Did they fix that problem?



I then teleported to the highest building in Los Santos where I found a great deal of draw distance to view. First shot, shown here, is of the mountain I was just on, Mt. Chillad, seen from the top of the building, in Los Santos.



Amazing draw distance of the LS police headquarters (or is that the city hall?), Los Santos International Airport, and Vederant Bluffs from the tallest building in Los Santos. By the way, all of the other pictures I'm going to post in this post today is from this building and I'm saying this so I don't have to keep on repeating myself.



A good picture of Red County and the rich districts of Los Santos, even including San Fierro and Fort Carson in Bone County!



Zoomed in on Fort Carson and the Big Ear, from that building.



Las Venturas seen perfectly even from that building, zoomed in.



Zooming in on the hood, Grove Street.



This horrible glitch was around the whole time which is the reason I zoom in on something. Zoom in on a certain location and only that location has to load, not causing that blinking on and off glitch to occur, which hurts the eyes by the way.



More zooming in draw distance. This time of Palmino Creek and Las Venturas.



Big Pointy Building as seen from the big tall building in Los Santos. My favorite image of the bunch is this one.



Another taste of the horrible glitch I had to experience.



I nice picture yet again showing the amazing draw distance.

And that is that. Peds and cars still don't spawn from far away though, but the scenic views are still nice. I might provide more pictures soon of this, but if that glitch is always happening, then I'll get rid of it and replace it with the old draw distance data.

Time to go. We're getting a lot of snow currently and we're expected to get two other storms Saturday into Sunday and then sometime Monday and Tuesday. Finally, snow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve your a freak!!!!