Sunday, December 18, 2005

Where Am I?

Where am I is a good question. Yes, I know. It's been a whole week since I posted and for the 100th, no 1,000th, no...I don't know, how many times I told you this and it still remains true to this very second, I am an addict. Not a drug addict or anything of that kind, but a Runescape addict. I'm so addicted to Runescape that I included a part of the game in a poem I have to do for English class that is due Wednesday. When I close my eyes at night, I see gnome warriors on terrorbirds fighting for their orbs. When I'm at school during lunch, I speak of chopping willows and killing zombies with a friend who also plays Runescape. He doesn't want his name mentioned on here at all anymore so that his true identity in Runescape will stay hidden. But of course, I have school this week and can't play it 24/7 like I did for the past three days (Friday was our second snow day this year). But...Christmas vacation is next week! Woot! Merry Christmas! I don't even have my Christmas tree up yet however... But the point is, Runescape being played 24/7 for 14 days.

Enough about Runescape. I'll go on about it later on if I have time. The main reason I wanted to post is because one of my cats, Pumpkin, is badly sick and to sadly say is dying. Now, Pumpkin is my favorite cat out of the other three cats I have. He's orange with deep green eyes that are...nice...but we're close buddies. He adopted this trait of jumping up and rubbing aganist my head nonstop. Now, he hardly does that at all. I might've talked a little bit about him before, but I don't remember so I'll speak more about him.

About three months ago in October is when we started to discover that he was getting sick. He starting vomiting a lot and didn't act like himself. My mother believed he jumped up on a shelf and ate a bamboo plant that may have been posionous even though the vet stated it wasn't. Starting in November, he stopped eating for a large period of time, even up to three days. We took him to the vet eventually. After staying overnight once, the vet told us that his liver was shutting down and to save him that we'd have to inject him with steroids. Now at this point, he was very skinny and you could tell he stopped eating. But after giving him pills and injecting him with steroids, he started acting like himself again. Jumping up and rubbing aganist my head, jumping on and attacking the older female cat, etc. but just normal habits for him. Then, he continued vomiting but still ate. Now just recently, the vomiting got worse and we continued taking him to the vet. And just recently, we took him to put him to sleep. But first they had to take blood work. When the results came back, his blood work was perfect, nothing wrong at all. So by what the blood work results said, he was extremely healthy. But as soon as we put him into the cat carrier and went into the truck, he threw up. Now, he started to throw up what appeared to be blood. And just four days ago, he stopped eating again so I hope his liver won't shut down because of that. But yesterday and today I got him to eat a little bit of canned cat food. And he seems to be acting better, but seems weak and is skinny as a pole, only weighing eight pounds.

I actually think he's not eating because he normally vomits after he eats so he might be figuring, I eat and I vomit it back up. So, he figured I won't eat then I won't have to vomit. And that's actually true. But he didn't vomit after eating yet so...I'll cross my fingers...

Yes...well, my 100th post is coming up soon and January 11th marks my one year of running a Buddy Foote Blog. And I'm thinking of closing the old one down so if you want to read it, go to the right side bar now and click on "Old Website".

Well, I'm too tired to go on and on about Runescape so.....night.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, i am really sorry about pumpkin =[ i forgot to ask you how he was doing yesterday... =[

and i am commenting cuz something caught my attention in your post! January 11th is another really big day!!!!!!!! maybe you can figure out why haha =P okay, i wanna ttyl, i got some things to ask.. -cya