Thursday, December 22, 2005

Getting Better

Well, just as an update here (my new idea is to post hopefully one blog entry a day from now on) but I want to state that I believe my cat Pumpkin, which I mentioned in previous topics but you can read about his sickness in "Where Am I", is getting better. We finally found a food that he'll eat, tuna fish, and he's always nagging at us for more food these days like he once did. So hopefully tuna fish will make him fatter but he sure as a lot more than energy too. So maybe this is a Christmas micracle for my family.

I just woke up around nine from sleeping on the couch all afternoon while my mother and father were getting Christmas lights and ornaments for the tree out of the attic. We actually finally have our Christmas tree come. Took my family long enough, although I can't say I helped too much in my own efforts. But now my Christmas spirit will finally be soaring with the tree up. Yet I feel very bad watching the news recently and seeing that U.S. troops from around the area have to head back to Iraq right before Christmas. So most families with a member in the army or marines had to celebrate Christmas three to one weeks before it actually occurs. Now this really saddens me because first off, I still don't understand why we have any troops over there. We captured Saddam, life appears to be looking a lot more decent, there's not as many attacks as there used to be, etc... Yet one of the reasons for the recent attacks is on American troops because they want us out of their country. Sometimes I wonder why the U.S. has to seem like the "superpower" of the world. But anyhow, second off, they have to be away from family and friends during the time of the year when everybody wants to be together. So alas I pray in my heart to them and also victims of any hurricanes this year who do not have their old property anymore or lost loved ones, such as the harsh hurricanes of Katrina and Rita.

So...tomorrow is the last day of school before the holidays and I'm mad about that. Which aspect? Tomorrow. Most schools have half-days or no school but no, Lakeland is going to be ourselves and be laughed at by going a full day.

And Gmail is starting to let spam go into my mailbox...

And I've been listening to "The Raven" by the Alan Parsons Project since I came on the computer. Good song. I have an addiction to Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven" since I read it in English class recently.

Have a good one and Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!