Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Player-Owned Shops

It's currently about 2:30 in the morning so anything I type may not be my best work. But I am here to sprend the word of a Runescape suggestion that I've been working on and will farther work on but this time I'm trying to get Jagex to see it and hopefully follow it. This suggestion I have is player-owned shops. Now just think about it. Imagine the large forest near Lumbridge had a section taken away from it, now becoming paved with gravel and stone. Stalls are set up around this area and a fence is put around it to keep the local goblins out. This area shortly after then opens to the public as a flea market, pay to get a stall and sell while buyers walk around looking through your goods and have a spending rampage. Imagine that your bank is filled with junk and nobody will take it by shouting out in public, "Selling unids; 1k each!". So you go to this flea market with your unids, rent a stall, and wait, with people eventually coming and buying them all. Maybe have an indoor flea market so that there could be multiple levels to it.

I would love this idea and I'm sure many others would to. When you go to a bank, all you hear is selling this or buying this and the word "noob" repeated a thousand times. Well, with this member-only feature, banks will become less crowded with merchants who will flock to the flea markets to sell goods. Maybe spread three flea markets across the region, one in each kingdom.

Let me ask you, which out of the following should banks really be used for?



The second Lego man is doing the right thing. He is going to the bank to access his bank account and that's it. No selling or cluttering up of the chat box. Even at the flea market there is a flood control for merchants so that they can only post, say, every twenty or thirty seconds a message. "Cheapest fish over here!"

Depending on how much you spend on the stall you buy will depend on how much you can sell at once in the shop window. Although whatever is in your inventory can be added when stock is being sold out. Notes are allowed. Also you can set the fee of what you're selling to whatever you want it be. Should the ball of wool be 30 gp or 3k gp?

Please spread the word with your Runescape friends and demand Jagex for this game feature because I believe it would suit all of us good. Go on forums, write petitions, spread the word by talking about it while woodcutting or fishing (like I was today and will continue to). I bet Zult 6 gp that Jagex would add this by April. I don't want to lose that money!

I have a new little game now with not much of an original aspect behind it. It's practically just "Guess the Picture". I take a close-up of an object lying around and you can guess what it is if you want to. Guessing will take place in the comment section below. Whowever guesses first will get honorable mention for...winning first. Here is your first one:



Too easy but I wanted any readers to get an easy start off to things. It is video game related. Only hint I'll give. Good guessing...

Have a good one. Time for me to hit the hay myself...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nintendo Gamecube ...

Buddy Foote said...

You are correct. Congradulations.